Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Savage flux HP flips >

Savage flux HP flips

Savage flux HP flips

Old 05-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Savage flux HP flips

Hi
My Savage flux HP does not do the backflip that you see on the flux videos, even when I accelerate from standstill at full throttle, the truck just ends on its back. Is there a way to improve the acceleration? I am running 2S 6200mhA 60C batteries.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhoenixGG
Hi
My Savage flux HP does not do the backflip that you see on the flux videos, even when I accelerate from standstill at full throttle, the truck just ends on its back. Is there a way to improve the acceleration? I am running 2S 6200mhA 60C batteries.
Try tightening your slipper clutch a little bit.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Doing standing back flips can lead to your rear diff exploding. I have seen too many Savages blow the rear diff doing standing back flips. If you tighten your slipper too much then there is nothing in the drive line that can absorb the abuse of landing on the tires at full throttle. I would learn to do controlled back flips off a ramp. Make sure you are off the throttle when landing.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

you'll also need to use 2 3s lipos, 2 2s lipos won't do the trick, running on 22.2v with a slipper all the way tight wll do it, the other thing to try is start by going a decent (not too fast) and slam the brakes to mke the front drop, hen it starts comming up, pin the gas, that should help.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

tighten slipper and order spare drivetrain parts
Old 05-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Two 2s lipos did backflips for me easy and they were only 20c. His slipper may be loose but since he's saying it wheelies it may not be , may just be lack of traction or he needs to learn how to drive it a bit better. I just know with mine on 4s 20c lipos it back flipped with a slight blip of the throttle easy. Anyway this would prob. Fit the monster truck forums better on here. Also the drivetrain on the savages are very strong , I don't see him having a problem along as it's the newest version with all the steel gears which they all come with now.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

When mine was new, I was doing them on 2S as well. When I noticed it wouldn't do a flip anymore, it was the slipper. The pad was worn and when replaced and adjusted, I was able to do them again. Check your slipper!

You need to regularly check and maintain the slipper.