Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Yokomo B-MAX2 buggy thread >

Yokomo B-MAX2 buggy thread

Yokomo B-MAX2 buggy thread

Old 02-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

there should be some videos of the bmax2 running indoors from socal. either from wcrc or ocrc. barry baker or matsuzaki hayato.

Last edited by littlevette; 02-24-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:08 PM
mes
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bolt speedman View Post
i i had have my yokomo bmax2 for about a mouth or two now and i have been trying a lot of thing on it.i put ase big bore springs on it and they perty much went right on with a little ride high adjustment and made the car a lot better.i run at an out door track at hotrod hobbies.but im still looking for a little help at the indoor tracks out here.im going to be running the jbrl and just would like a little help with the push i have with it through the middle out.idea would be great thanks for your help.
If there's a lot of grip on your track, give the mid-motor configuration a try. It is supposed to carry more speed around the corners at the cost of some rear-end bite.
I am still waiting for my conversion kit, but mid-motor cars are popular on astroturf and indoor carpet tracks in Europe for a reason.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the durango 14mm hexes will fit the bmax 2 as i am looking at buying one but only if the hexes will fit because i have to many durango wheels!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

anyone know?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Boadazofa View Post
anyone know?
do you have a shot of the wheel adapter? what's the inside diameter of the adapter?
Old 03-12-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

here is a couple of shots if you could measure the axle it would be much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo B-MAX2 buggy thread-hex.jpg   Yokomo B-MAX2 buggy thread-hex2.jpg  
Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

alright, i got 4.72mm on the diameter of the bmax2 axle. which you'll have .04mm of play with your durango adapter. you're good on that. as for the roll pin i got 10.16mm on the length, and 1.62mm for the outside diameter. that should tell you if the roll pin will fit within the adapter as well.

on the thickness of the of the adapter, 4.79mm, it should be ok. as long as the offset of the durango wheels isn't too crazy. which would give you trouble mounting the wheel nut, hitting the rear ball cup, or hitting the shock itself. in which case you would have to get rid of the blue axle spacer and you would put on your own correct spacing.

let me know if you need more measurements.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for this! Yeah the blue spacer will come out because that is where the hex goes. I have a couple more measurement i need.

distance between the bearing and pin.

The pin thickness?

thanks again
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo B-MAX2 buggy thread-hex-3.jpg   Yokomo B-MAX2 buggy thread-hex-4.jpg  
Old 03-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for this! Yeah the blue spacer will come out because that is where the hex goes. I have a couple more measurement i need.

distance between the bearing and pin.

The pin thickness?

thanks again
i got a measurement of 5.25mm (+/- .01) , bearing to pin. that's the axle fully extended outward, and no shims on the inside of the axle. axle to bearing.

the diameter (thickness) of the roll pin is 1.62mm.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for that I reckon it shohld work fine! Will only have to put a 2mm spacer behind the hex!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for that I reckon it shohld work fine! Will only have to put a 2mm spacer behind the hex!
no problem. post up some pictures when you get it mounted and working. i'm curious to how it will work. another alternative to wheels and adapters...
Old 03-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thinking about getting a Yoko 2 wheel (would go for the new K-Car but dat pricetag *shudders*), just a few questions:

-is there a front Hex conversion or should I stick with bearings?
-any setup tips/mods for indoor clay (CRCRC is my home track here in Ohio)
-any necessary spare/upgrade parts I should look into?
Old 03-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcman182006 View Post
Thinking about getting a Yoko 2 wheel (would go for the new K-Car but dat pricetag *shudders*), just a few questions:

-is there a front Hex conversion or should I stick with bearings?
-any setup tips/mods for indoor clay (CRCRC is my home track here in Ohio)
-any necessary spare/upgrade parts I should look into?
-yes, there's a hex conversion you could do to your front end. honestly it's overkill for the front. in the rear it's understandable, but in the front the standard set up is good enough. run it and if you wish to change over to a hex try it out.
-check out petitrc's bmax2 page on setups. lots of good setups. right out of the box the bmax2's stock setup is a good starting point.
-later down the road you might want to convert to aluminum rear hubs, and change the rear to hex adapters. you'll have a nice variety of choice wheels to choose from. on petitrc's bmax2 page there's a conversion you could do to change over to an avid triad slipper clutch.
-get a set of associated axles (yokomo part# YOKB2-010FI )for the front so you could use associated wheels(a lot cheaper than the yokomo wheels).
-as for spares, the buggy could take hits pretty well. but i would stock up on the normal stuff just in case...rear stock hubs, ball cups, and anything that you might normally damage on another buggy (arms, towers, etc..). also grab some 1mm, 1.5mm, and 2mm spacers, and some 5g/10g lead weights for tuning. there are quite a bit of big bore springs that fit the yokomo big bores. the associated big bore spring cups fit spot on.
other than that, don't go hog wild on the hopups. the buggy really handles well and is a performer right out of the box.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlevette View Post
-yes, there's a hex conversion you could do to your front end. honestly it's overkill for the front. in the rear it's understandable, but in the front the standard set up is good enough. run it and if you wish to change over to a hex try it out.
-check out petitrc's bmax2 page on setups. lots of good setups. right out of the box the bmax2's stock setup is a good starting point.
-later down the road you might want to convert to aluminum rear hubs, and change the rear to hex adapters. you'll have a nice variety of choice wheels to choose from. on petitrc's bmax2 page there's a conversion you could do to change over to an avid triad slipper clutch.
-get a set of associated axles (yokomo part# YOKB2-010FI )for the front so you could use associated wheels(a lot cheaper than the yokomo wheels).
-as for spares, the buggy could take hits pretty well. but i would stock up on the normal stuff just in case...rear stock hubs, ball cups, and anything that you might normally damage on another buggy (arms, towers, etc..). also grab some 1mm, 1.5mm, and 2mm spacers, and some 5g/10g lead weights for tuning. there are quite a bit of big bore springs that fit the yokomo big bores. the associated big bore spring cups fit spot on.
other than that, don't go hog wild on the hopups. the buggy really handles well and is a performer right out of the box.

What he said...I did somehow managed the break the front bulk head today.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default Naoto's Bmax at Catus Classic

Was he running associated big bores?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.