Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Yokomo B-MAX2 buggy thread >

Yokomo B-MAX2 buggy thread

Yokomo B-MAX2 buggy thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:57 AM
  #166  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,819
Default

You could check if the RB-5 diff or maybe even just the outdrives (UM-515) are a direct fit. At least the bearing size is the same.
mes is offline  
Old 03-10-2012, 01:22 AM
  #167  
Tech Master
iTrader: (111)
 
fullsyzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,634
Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default

Two race days on the new outdrives that I hardened myself and they are already showing significant wear. I don't expect them to last very long. Back to the drawing board. I need to learn Japanese so I can read what they are doing about it in Japan. This has to be a hot topic where more people are running this car.
fullsyzz is offline  
Old 03-10-2012, 03:27 AM
  #168  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
ViGiLaNtE351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Sydney, Originally from Tas
Posts: 1,084
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Ill check with the distributor in Japan during the coming week to see if anything has been advised.

Im looking over the net to see if there is word on it elsewhere.

Cheers
ViGiLaNtE351 is offline  
Old 03-10-2012, 05:10 AM
  #169  
Tech Master
iTrader: (22)
 
littlevette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,480
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

i figured out that the b4/t4 tranny and the bmax2 tranny are very similar. the motor plates could literaly be swapped. the tranny cases have very little differences. but it won't fit on the bmax2. the internals (minus the top shaft)could be a whole another story. the whole bmax2 rear end screams b4/t4.

the inside diameter of the outdrive bearings on both the b4/t4 and bmax2 is 10mm. so...i'm going to attempt and try to fit a b4 diff in the tranny. i might have to shim it on both ends.

has anyone figured out if there are any other rear wheels that will fit the bmax2? maybe even adding hex adapters?
littlevette is offline  
Old 03-10-2012, 01:33 PM
  #170  
RAL
Tech Elite
iTrader: (64)
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mes View Post
You could check if the RB-5 diff or maybe even just the outdrives (UM-515) are a direct fit. At least the bearing size is the same.
good idea... tamiya
RAL is offline  
Old 03-10-2012, 01:51 PM
  #171  
Tech Master
iTrader: (111)
 
fullsyzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,634
Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default

I already tried getting the newer b4.1 diff in there. It is too wide and is not a direct fit. The original b4 diff might fit in the tranny case, but then you will have to get a 5/8 bearing in a 15mm hole. Before I start drilling out the tranny case for that I want to try getting an RB5 diff in there. It uses the same bearings at least.

For rear wheels, I've been running TLR 22 wheels using Jconcepts 12mm adapters for the B4, with one HPI 5x7x1.45 axle spacer and two 5x7x.2 shims between the hub and the hex.
fullsyzz is offline  
Old 03-10-2012, 02:04 PM
  #172  
RAL
Tech Elite
iTrader: (64)
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fullsyzz View Post
I already tried getting the newer b4.1 diff in there. It is too wide and is not a direct fit. The original b4 diff might fit in the tranny case, but then you will have to get a 5/8 bearing in a 15mm hole. Before I start drilling out the tranny case for that I want to try getting an RB5 diff in there. It uses the same bearings at least.

For rear wheels, I've been running TLR 22 wheels using Jconcepts 12mm adapters for the B4, with one HPI 5x7x1.45 axle spacer and two 5x7x.2 shims between the hub and the hex.
Will the Tamiya TRF 201 diff fit?
RAL is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 04:22 AM
  #173  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
ViGiLaNtE351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Sydney, Originally from Tas
Posts: 1,084
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

After todays racing, can see the out drives are showing wear from the dogbones. Will order a few sets till we hear if yokomo will replace with hardened ones.

On another note, have bought the Reedy short packs and positioned in the middle of tray and what a great balance through the air. Really well levelled, and output of the battery is fantastic for a 4000maH 60C. Plenty of run time and punch for the size!

Cheers
ViGiLaNtE351 is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 04:30 AM
  #174  
Tech Master
iTrader: (22)
 
littlevette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,480
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

good tip on the rear hex adapter. i was thinking about that hex adapter today. is it a direct fit, or is there a bit of play?

i ordered one of the reedy shorty packs as well. bummer that i have to wait til they get them in.

you know after talking to a couple of people, they've had the same experience with the outdrives. i'm thinking that the heat shrink is there to mask the problem, rather than help. i hope yokomo has a solution for this. because it is rediculous.
littlevette is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
  #175  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
ViGiLaNtE351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Sydney, Originally from Tas
Posts: 1,084
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by littlevette View Post
good tip on the rear hex adapter. i was thinking about that hex adapter today. is it a direct fit, or is there a bit of play?

i ordered one of the reedy shorty packs as well. bummer that i have to wait til they get them in.

you know after talking to a couple of people, they've had the same experience with the outdrives. i'm thinking that the heat shrink is there to mask the problem, rather than help. i hope yokomo has a solution for this. because it is rediculous.
Yeah, and it seems FULLSYZZ hardened tip didnt work either, so we definately need factory hardended ones. My 4WD outdrives look great still, and Im in MOD, so they would cop more punishment so maybe Yokomo can make some material as what the
4WD has.

Cheers
ViGiLaNtE351 is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 02:13 PM
  #176  
Tech Master
iTrader: (111)
 
fullsyzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,634
Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Will the Tamiya TRF 201 diff fit?
I wish I had an answer for that so I could stop buying other diffs to try and stuff in there!
fullsyzz is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 03:28 AM
  #177  
Tech Master
iTrader: (22)
 
littlevette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,480
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

did any of you guys have a rough time putting on one of the thrust washers onto the thrust bolt? nearly making it impossible to slide it all the way down.
littlevette is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
  #178  
RAL
Tech Elite
iTrader: (64)
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fullsyzz View Post
I wish I had an answer for that so I could stop buying other diffs to try and stuff in there!
RAL is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:31 AM
  #179  
Tech Master
iTrader: (111)
 
fullsyzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,634
Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by littlevette View Post
did any of you guys have a rough time putting on one of the thrust washers onto the thrust bolt? nearly making it impossible to slide it all the way down.
No, my thrust washer went on fine. If you need new ones the Rb5 thrust washers are the same.
fullsyzz is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:33 AM
  #180  
Tech Master
iTrader: (111)
 
fullsyzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,634
Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Why do I get the feeling that you might know if the Tamiya diff will fit?
fullsyzz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.