R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-10-2005, 08:03 PM   #46
Tech Rookie

I made a good showing this past weekend as well. All with Fusion horsepower. I TQd stock truck and buggy. I was able to pull out the win in truck but had some trouble in traffic and could not make it a repeat in buggy. All this at DirtBurner racing in Commerce township. Michigan. I cant wait for the new packs I just ordered to show up so that I can use them in Columbus this weekend.
budone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:54 AM   #47
Tech Rookie

Im just getting back into racing, and one of my main concerns is getting some good quality batts. I would really like to try some of these fusion battery's. Are these mail order only, or can I get them at my local guy? I could use some advice on quality charging/discharging units and battery maint.

Thanks guys.
IceCreamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:21 PM   #48
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Icecreamman-

I charge my packs on an Intellipeak Ice charger. Set the mV threshhold at 6mV and the charge amperage at 5 amps. As for discharging I made a discharge tree using 1157 auto lightbulbs that discharges packs at 28-30 amps. I use a cutoff box that cuts the voltage off at 0.9 volts per cell.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:03 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to jay5668

Quote:
Originally posted by IceCreamMan
Im just getting back into racing, and one of my main concerns is getting some good quality batts. I would really like to try some of these fusion battery's. Are these mail order only, or can I get them at my local guy? I could use some advice on quality charging/discharging units and battery maint.

Thanks guys.
Icecreamman...not sure if you have one there or not, but our local Hobby Town which is national carries the Fusion Packs! Try there if you can...you won`t be dissapointed!
jay5668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:26 AM   #50
Tech Master

Your local shop should be able to get them for you. We are carried by Horizon so they should be able to order anything you want. We also do internet sales for those who are not inclined to shop at their lhs.

John
John Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:25 AM   #51
Tech Master

New developments at Fusion..... Loose cells are now available.
Call the shop or check our website for more details.

John
John Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:18 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nrctc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nrctc3
Default LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

I found a discount off Fusion batteries! It's 30% off coupon... ZZXF-678831 Use it at: www.fusionbatteries.com
Nrctc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:46 PM   #53
Tech Adept

These cells are amazing. I finally had a chance to out mine to the test, and I must say that I am impressed. I am a new member to the team and I do not regret it one bit. Since I moved back to off-road I have been struggling at my track to find the speed to compete at the track with so much local talent. Well I busted in with the fusion packs, had more straight away speed than anyone else in the track. I was running a new BK2 that I am still dialing in, and it gets better and better every run. I took 3rd in the Amain. I have raced all over, and alot in California, where most of the greats live and race, but my local track has across the board, the best group of pure drivers I have ever seen. But thanks to Fusion, that gap is closed.

John you have an Email waiting for you.
pigpen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:43 PM   #54
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by IceCreamMan

Thanks guys.
If your local Hobbyshop does'nt stock them you can go to Fusionbatteries.com and order from there. They are awsome packs. I have several, I also have orion packs and the Fusion packs out perform them. The Orions are 1.189's. I charge my Fusion packs at 5 amps and discharge to 5.4 volts. Tray them for a short period before re-charging. Good Luck IceCreamMan, glad your getting back into the hobby.

Team Fusion
Team Tekin
BKPaintwerks.com
t4usee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:52 PM   #55
Tech Addict

Default Fusion Packs

We have added another win in Mod Truck using Fusion Team and World packs. These packs keep getting better with each charge. If any of you guy's live near Southern Illinois you need to make a trip to Action Hobby. Also if you live near Jasper Indianna, Southern Indiana at Nedpepper Hobbies We have been having some great turn outs for the races. Pay Action Hobby a visit at their website. www.action-hobby.com and Nedpeppers at Nedpeppershobbies .com If you are near either track and need directions drop a PM or reply to this thread. Fusion rocks!!

Team Fusion
Team Tekin
BKPaintwerks.com
Old 01-21-2005, 11:53 AM   #56
Tech Rookie

i agree with the "getting better every charge"....
I noticed it big time on mod day in columbus, The track got a little slick by the mains but jez was it fast.
Thanks again fusion for the awesome power.
More club racing next weekend, and looking forward to it.

Hey when is the state champs race at dirtburners (detroit) anyone know?
HVanderLoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:31 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey John just letting you know you got email
BlazinB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:39 AM   #58
Tech Addict

Another big WIN for Fusion. Mod Truck at Nedpeppers Hobbies in Jasper Indianna. We were TQ in Buggy but had a screw come out of the servo horn, steering was lost. Thanks alot John.

It's true: If your not Fusion your loosin!!!!!!

Fusion Rocks

Team Fusion
Team Tekin
BKPaintwerks.com
Old 01-31-2005, 08:05 AM   #59
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to jay5668

Yes, & another win for Fusion batteries. I run mod truck & 2wd buggy in Jonesboro Ar on Saturday nights. Two weeks ago I took 1st in mod truck & 2nd in buggy...this past Saturday night...did not get to run buggy...rear hinge pin problem, but took 1st in mod truck again. Love the packs..just got my new ones in a couple of weeks ago....have 4 of them now...they are awesome!
jay5668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 06:36 PM   #60
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Just a couple questions John, Is there anyway i can order the batteries Shrink wrapped? and pay alittle more?

Also, is it better to use a 1.16 fusion battery for bj4 mod racing and then use 1.17's for stock truck racing?