Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
MMP and ballistic 7.5 go up in smoke! >

MMP and ballistic 7.5 go up in smoke!

MMP and ballistic 7.5 go up in smoke!

Old 05-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default MMP and ballistic 7.5 go up in smoke!

i tried hooking up a balistick 7.5 to a MMP hooked up the sensor and nothing...tried again and it seemed ok but slow...so i tried my new max amps 6500 pack and she went up in a blaze of glorie...smoke everywhere! lol funny....so i had new mmp that is new put that in with my unsensored 5800kv motor and everything is fine luckly it fried the esc not the batt.

so if i hooked the motor up wrong in the first place could that of shorted out my esc...or is the motor fried now? what a mess!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Poor quality lipos can do damage to ESC's
Old 05-10-2011, 03:17 AM
Tech Champion

I tried two MMP with hyperion g3 lipos on two different setups and they both fried even if I took all the precautions.. I had a CC BEc, checked the temps all the time. Never happened with any other ESC. To me this ESC is the most overrated in the rc
Old 05-10-2011, 03:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
I tried two MMP with hyperion g3 lipos on two different setups and they both fried even if I took all the precautions.. I had a CC BEc, checked the temps all the time. Never happened with any other ESC. To me this ESC is the most overrated in the rc
Really? I have 2 MMP's and they run awesome! Although I didn't hack in BEC's since the stockers are just fine for what I use them for (2S 4X4 SCT and 2S 2WD SCT).

I HAVE had one fail but it was user error and Castle had it fixed within a week for $50!

I think they are incredible for the money! $125 ESC that is capable of 6S operation. Thats unheard of! They are a bit tall though...