Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
novak sc10 problems >

novak sc10 problems

novak sc10 problems

Old 05-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default novak sc10 problems

In june of last year I got a the 10.5 ballistic havoc 3s combo with traxxas plug for my sc10. This is a race track only truck no bashing. Got 3 races out of it and the speed control crapped out. Got ahold of novak sent it back they replaced it under warrenty. But not in enough time to race it again that season. So its been sitting on the shelf since then until this weekend I got the truck ready to go practice because our track just opened. Could not get the speed control to stay on it would keep reseting itself so I tryed 2 different batttery packs the 1st 2 were lipos the a 8.4v dtx pack. It kept reseting finaly got it to stay on after a1l2 hour with a lipo pack 4200 2s 25c ran for 10 min and did it again I thought I hit lvc put another pack in it and nothing. So I went home. 45 min drive. Got up this morn to mess with it again it ran for 2 min and kept on reseting its self again. So I emailed novak cs and called their tech support and got no anwser I called them 5 times today with no luck I kinda feel like I got ripped off.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Initiate

I just got that same system and it runs just fine. Have you tried doing the one touch set up to reset it? Ive called novak and there tech support is great and their on here to answer questions too. try pm'ing them. you also gotta call when there open (Cali time) and not at lunch. The only problem im having is setting the drag brake. It doesnt go to solid red (neutral) it just blinks blue amber red. i just set my brakes on my radio an left them at 0 drag. They are a great company but im sure their busy with the racing season.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojoman81
In june of last year I got a the 10.5 ballistic havoc 3s combo with traxxas plug for my sc10. This is a race track only truck no bashing. Got 3 races out of it and the speed control crapped out. Got ahold of novak sent it back they replaced it under warrenty. But not in enough time to race it again that season. So its been sitting on the shelf since then until this weekend I got the truck ready to go practice because our track just opened. Could not get the speed control to stay on it would keep reseting itself so I tryed 2 different batttery packs the 1st 2 were lipos the a 8.4v dtx pack. It kept reseting finaly got it to stay on after a1l2 hour with a lipo pack 4200 2s 25c ran for 10 min and did it again I thought I hit lvc put another pack in it and nothing. So I went home. 45 min drive. Got up this morn to mess with it again it ran for 2 min and kept on reseting its self again. So I emailed novak cs and called their tech support and got no anwser I called them 5 times today with no luck I kinda feel like I got ripped off.
Look at the battery connector I just went through this with my gtb2 yesterday and my deans connector needed a tweak to make full contact..
Old 05-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

well the motor works with the vxl that was in my traxxas in sensorless mode only, but at full throttle the motor pulsates and when its warmed up from neutral you have to go to reverse then go forward it wont go forward on its own power.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had a similar problem with a Ballistic 17.5 and the sensor board was bad. Replaced it and the motor was good to go.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by crpilot
I had a similar problem with a Ballistic 17.5 and the sensor board was bad. Replaced it and the motor was good to go.
I order the sensor harness ill try that first it'll be in Friday. Other than that ill probably sent it back to see what's wrong witht the system and trade it in on a gtb2. No a fan of the havoc line since you can only run there motors with it.