Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Any News On a B5 or T5? >

Any News On a B5 or T5?

Any News On a B5 or T5?

Old 05-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACETEK View Post
Switching to a longer T4 chassis will make a big difference in the handling department. FTW makes a body just for the stretched B4.
I like the option of running the longer chassis, but if that's the body I'm thinking of, man is it ugly!

What is the advantage if big bore shocks? It seems that even the small shocks are plenty capable of providing the dampening needed for this size car.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I haven't seen a need for a newer version of the B4.1? The B4.1 is not being shut down by the new design Losi. As a matter of fact, at the track I race on, a clapped out B4 dominates over the new Losi buggies.
Everybody is always looking for something that will give them the edge over the competition.....Nothing makes up for skill and experience.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmahhh View Post
I like the option of running the longer chassis, but if that's the body I'm thinking of, man is it ugly!

What is the advantage if big bore shocks? It seems that even the small shocks are plenty capable of providing the dampening needed for this size car.
Jconcepts also make a body that will fit the longer chassis- the J82. I have two brand new ones if anyone is interested.

I think the FTW body is cool looking ...
Old 05-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

so what everyone whats is a tlr 22 with a gold chassis?
Old 05-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

The funny thing is that everyone wants the mid motor option, but just about everyone is running it rear anyways. Aluminum chassis would be cool. Id like to see it nice and narrow, just because I like the sleek look of it. Big bores aren't really necessary, but I do know we have about a ten to 13 foot gap, and when they land flat they bounce, bbs don't bounce. Bbs can have less clearance to handle the landing and be set up for the rest of the track. To make the little ones handle the flat landing they are too high to handle the rest of the course. You always hear that the bbs saved them, just drive better and then you don't have to worry about being saved.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Since losi was the first in 2wd that's what it sounds like...
Just like everyone wants the during aluminum chassis in 4wd.
I cant wait till the b5 come out...
Old 05-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I still have my Original RC10 I bought in 87, my b3 I bought in 98 and my
b4.1 I bought in 2010. I'll by the b5 or what ever else they name it. Associated has been my favorite since I first fell in love with it. Oh and where I race now in Missouri the 22's and X-6 are running mid-motor. The gold chassis ruled back in the day and I would bet thats whats next.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Associated Allday Long ....... Killer of All You Know this
Old 05-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lostinbaja View Post
I haven't seen a need for a newer version of the B4.1? The B4.1 is not being shut down by the new design Losi. As a matter of fact, at the track I race on, a clapped out B4 dominates over the new Losi buggies.
Everybody is always looking for something that will give them the edge over the competition.....Nothing makes up for skill and experience.
LOL, clapped out!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mdwaeracer View Post
I still have my Original RC10 I bought in 87, my b3 I bought in 98 and my
b4.1 I bought in 2010. I'll by the b5 or what ever else they name it. Associated has been my favorite since I first fell in love with it. Oh and where I race now in Missouri the 22's and X-6 are running mid-motor. The gold chassis ruled back in the day and I would bet thats whats next.
no kidding? The guys around here were running mid motor when I did on the carpet, and when I switched over to rear they all switched over after the first heat lol. I should have probably just run it mid motor first outdoors and then made the switch. I still like mid better on carpet with new tires, but as soon as they lose tread it sucks. I like rear with half worn to no tread in rear on carpet. times are still the same though... outside will most likely be the deciding factor of how it stays. I like the mid on carpet with nice tires best though, just like the way it looks and drives on the track.