Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bloodseeker
My sc10 4x4 belt is loose, even if I put the tension thing on full, somehow the front of the belt always comes off. I'm pretty new to rc world.
You should have 2 "tension things" (F and R) and they also have a right way or wrong way.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bloodseeker
My sc10 4x4 belt is loose, even if I put the tension thing on full, somehow the front of the belt always comes off. I'm pretty new to rc world.
Try getting the aluminum belt tensioners. I know after awhile my plastic ones sidewalls started to get worn down, allowing the belt to slide right off. Worked for me

Old 03-21-2015, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Maybe you guys can help me. I recently picked up one of the SC10 4x4's, and I have the clicker locked down all the way. My question is, when I get on the throttle everything sounds good, but when I brake hard, I get a grinding sound out of the front end. Is that what sound it makes with the clicker locked down? Or does it sound like a shim issue or something else? I'm not familiar with these trucks so was just curious. Thanks
Old 03-21-2015, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WEAVER
Maybe you guys can help me. I recently picked up one of the SC10 4x4's, and I have the clicker locked down all the way. My question is, when I get on the throttle everything sounds good, but when I brake hard, I get a grinding sound out of the front end. Is that what sound it makes with the clicker locked down? Or does it sound like a shim issue or something else? I'm not familiar with these trucks so was just curious. Thanks
Likely the belt slipping.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hello. Took the SC10 FT 4x4 out for the first time last week (indoor, hard packed dirt/clay type). Ran great. Just a few observations I was hoping somebody could help me with. Somebody else had put the truck together. I picked up as a roller and added my own electronics. My buddy, who I would classify as a 'pro' drove it as well (he runs a different brand). We both agreed these were the issues (minor):

1) Seemed to run 'lite'. Is that common for this truck? Anything I can add to weight it down a little. Hard to explain I guess. Isn't there a special aftermarket chassis for this truck? I run a stick pack by the way.

2) When going over the big jumps, the truck would 'sag' to the front left. The truck would almost 'twist' to the front left tire. Strange. Rebuild the shocks? What weight oil?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2015, 08:30 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcnewbie418
Hello. Took the SC10 FT 4x4 out for the first time last week (indoor, hard packed dirt/clay type). Ran great. Just a few observations I was hoping somebody could help me with. Somebody else had put the truck together. I picked up as a roller and added my own electronics. My buddy, who I would classify as a 'pro' drove it as well (he runs a different brand). We both agreed these were the issues (minor):

1) Seemed to run 'lite'. Is that common for this truck? Anything I can add to weight it down a little. Hard to explain I guess. Isn't there a special aftermarket chassis for this truck? I run a stick pack by the way.

2) When going over the big jumps, the truck would 'sag' to the front left. The truck would almost 'twist' to the front left tire. Strange. Rebuild the shocks? What weight oil?

Thanks
Few things:

1) You can buy the Exotek chassis if you want for more weight down low, however I know guys who went really light setups on these and liked them. But if you are duking it out with heavier vehicles, the Exotek chassis is the way to go.

2) Could it be the weight biase you are seeing due to the stick pack setup? I would suggest throwing your vehicle on 4 scales and see how its balances out. The SC104x4 is very biased towards the rear if I recall correctly. Guys were liking running shorty packs towards the front of the vehicle because of this, especially in light weight setups.

I would always suggest you tear down a vehicle and rebuild so you know how it went together, how it is setup, etc.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcnewbie418

Thanks

the M2C chassis is working really well on the sct410.
Our model with the offset holes for the battery mount makes quite a difference
as to help the truck jump flatter with out getting the nose dive effect.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m2cracing
the M2C chassis is working really well on the sct410.
Our model with the offset holes for the battery mount makes quite a difference
as to help the truck jump flatter with out getting the nose dive effect.
Thanks guys. Sounds like a lower center of gravity type of chassis would help. It was just practice but the other trucks were Losi and Tekno and they were beating me up a bit. Could also be that i'm a new driver. I'll consider running a shorty vs. a stick. The stick pack though is on the opposite side (the ride side) vs. the truck pulling down front left.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Sway Bars

I have the sway bars on my FT kit (set from the manual). I recently lost some of the mounting pieces (bad landing, only damage) and am considering not running sway bars (front or rear) for now.

Who likes them? Who doesn't?

I'll be out for the first time on a maintained, outdoor 8th scale track (only ran indoor clay before).
Old 04-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Tech Legend

you may find on rough conditions that are loose it will work fairly well without swaybars.

Me personally the truck really didn't feel right till we had the swaybars (had one of the first ones out before the sways became available)
Old 04-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Tech Legend

you may find on rough conditions that are loose it will work fairly well without swaybars.

Me personally the truck really didn't feel right till we had the swaybars (had one of the first ones out before the sways became available)
Old 04-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain

Thanks for the feedback. I plan on doing a tune up on the truck and also returning it to the box stock set-up (minus the sway bars). I'll see how it handles w/o them.

I have very little run time on this kit - run mostly 2WD buggy - and not ready to move on to another brand. The updated Tekno looks sweet but I can't justify the investment since the AE is still running just fine.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by sneako
Thanks for the feedback. I plan on doing a tune up on the truck and also returning it to the box stock set-up (minus the sway bars). I'll see how it handles w/o them.

I have very little run time on this kit - run mostly 2WD buggy - and not ready to move on to another brand. The updated Tekno looks sweet but I can't justify the investment since the AE is still running just fine.
the truck works well enough on higher traction 1/10 sized stuff. class just went a different route.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
the truck works well enough on higher traction 1/10 sized stuff. class just went a different route.
Well if you are going to an outdoor 1/8 track you'll see why ae gave up on this truck and why tekno is doing so well.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:50 AM
Tech Legend

thats what I ran on primarily. Took a variety of option parts to get it to work competively against the losi's. Tekno was easier to drive.

The biggest thing for me was in air pitch control. never solved that but it looks like a counter gear setup does the trick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.