Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jt45255
What us thus list of parts you keep? Please share I just bought a new one.
If you asking me I never broke anything yet. Been a couple of years. O wait the body's never last long keep a spare. I do however see people break things all the time on cars. No matter what it is. So just buy what you break and call it a day. If you like heaven duty get rpm bumpers. That Seem to be what I replace the most. I use the stock ones though. And stock arms for that matter to. But other the them. And rpm the whole truck but they are heavy and bulky if you ask me.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imrob
If you asking me I never broke anything yet. Been a couple of years. O wait the body's never last long keep a spare. I do however see people break things all the time on cars. No matter what it is. So just buy what you break and call it a day. If you like heaven duty get rpm bumpers. That Seem to be what I replace the most. I use the stock ones though. And stock arms for that matter to. But other the them. And rpm the whole truck but they are heavy and bulky if you ask me.
Good to hear there durable. I fly helicopters so spare parts and flying go hand in hand. Just figured this would be the same.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:44 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I would say I would have on hand or replace with alloy parts the steering arm assembly as from what I have heard (I never broke one) that it can break, and if it does, the big problem is getting to it to replace it due to the amount of dissassembly involved. I had the arms from STRC and that worked great.

I also would have some extra ball studs just in case, and if you focus on having the suspension geometry consistent probably have spare a-arms or go to the much stiffer RPM ones. The stock ones can warp over time.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I raced one of these since the day it came out (just retired it end of 2014), and the only thing I ever broke was the steering servo saver... twice! It is a bit of a job to get to, but I did figure out a shortcut.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

need advice..
i keep getting binding in the rear. forgive my verbage while describing the issue.
the small wheel that keeps the belt on the rear diff gear will not stay in place. it keeps popping loose and then jamming the belt into the diff gear.

has anyone else had this issue?
Old 03-08-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by macscac
need advice..
i keep getting binding in the rear. forgive my verbage while describing the issue.
the small wheel that keeps the belt on the rear diff gear will not stay in place. it keeps popping loose and then jamming the belt into the diff gear.

has anyone else had this issue?
I would recommend checking to see if you are assembling it correctly. I know at least in the front from memory that i fyou don't assemble the pulley correctly, its possible to have it slide off. I would check there too as it may be causing issues in that manner affecting the rear.

Make sure you tensioner pulleys are adjusted correctly too, and all else if you have a spare belt drop that on too.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Just rebuilt it all again.
Still Sounds like it's binding

http://youtu.be/OHPBx9pZ6D4
Old 03-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Tech Legend

Just rebuilt it all again.
Still Sounds like it's binding

http://youtu.be/OHPBx9pZ6D4

try decoupling the motor from the drivetrain, and free roll the vehicle to see how much resistance you get. Since you are basically using the belt to connect two seperate trannies from what I recall, there will be a bit more friction I am thinking.

Other areas to look at are how tight the cases are assembled. Sometimes this can add to friction being seen.

How much slack does your belt setup have?

lastly, the drivetrain could just need to be run in more depending on how new it is.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

the belt is fairly loose. a little looser than i run in my onroad tc cars.
the truck is almost 3 years old but its been packed away. i havent run two full batteries through it yet.

does that sound normal?
my e-8ight is quite loud when running but thats a different noise.
this sounds 'off' to me but this is my first belt driven sct
Old 03-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Tech Legend

my initial impression is that with time it should be fine watching temps, etc. Big thing is free rolling it.

I think when I got my first sc10 4x4 initially I wondered if I had something binding as well but it was the setup of the tranny and belt drive system that made me percieve that in comparison to other vehicles I have had.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Need help

My sc10 4x4 belt is loose, even if I put the tension thing on full, somehow the front of the belt always comes off. I'm pretty new to rc world.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:06 AM
Tech Rookie

the belt is fairly loose. a little looser than i run in my onroad tc cars.
the truck is almost 3 years old but its been packed away. i havent run two full batteries through it yet.

does that sound normal?
my e-8ight is quite loud when running but thats a different noise.
this sounds 'off' to me but this is my first belt driven sct
Mine sounds the same and has done since I've had it! These are very loud cars compared to others. I haven't had any belt slipping issues tho! If the belt is loose and the tensioners are fully on, I'd be replacing the belt.
Hope this helps
Old 03-13-2015, 06:38 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Bloodseeker
My sc10 4x4 belt is loose, even if I put the tension thing on full, somehow the front of the belt always comes off. I'm pretty new to rc world.
If the belt is falling off the front pully, it may be that your pulley is not assembled correctly. Thre is a certain direction it needs to go to keep the belt on.

Its worth looking into while trying a different belt.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cain
If the belt is falling off the front pully, it may be that your pulley is not assembled correctly. Thre is a certain direction it needs to go to keep the belt on.

Its worth looking into while trying a different belt.
I do have a new belt on, same problem. Wish I could upload pic of it here
Old 03-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Bloodseeker
I do have a new belt on, same problem. Wish I could upload pic of it here
If thats the case, I would say you most likely need to look at that pulley assembly as it is possible to put it together wrong and the belt to fall off. You could try a new pulley assembly too but I think how its assembled may be the issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.