Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drained714
so from what i gather the exotek front lock thing is an upgrade from stock. And why bother getting it, and just get a rxshock center ball diff? right right?
I absolutely agree. If you have the money, get the new C-Diff and you'll have the best single mod available for the vehicle. I'll be ordering mine soon. I got the Exotek chumpie because it was 8 bucks and wanted to give it a try. It's for sure better than the stock vts slipper setup, but the C-Diff is THE way to go. Marcus is a great guy to deal with too and very helpful.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Had a chance to run the truck and do some testing yesterday with the V3 and i like the final design, it seems to engage a bit smoother and the new pistons are so much smoother! What i dont like is the jumping of this truck!! Of course we all know this but i forgot how annoying it is! So i am fired up about the belt drive reverse rotation project that i will start soon!
Old 03-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone use an underbody? Any pros cons to them? I run at some fairly dirty tracks and am considering using one.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

The only thing I would be concerned about with an underbody is the motor cooling. It already doesnt get much air to begin with.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
So i am fired up about the belt drive reverse rotation project that i will start soon!
Now we're talkin! Anxious to see what you do Marcus.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Rookie

So I need some advice, I purchased 3 SC10 4x4 trucks for myself and my 2 boys. I have to say I am a little disappointed, specifically around the design of steering and the drive train. I am actually to the point where I am ready to add them to the trash and buy new trucks. I will also say I am an Associated fan and also have many of their other products in my collection including an original RC10. The issue I have is the SC10 4x4 has no durability, I replaced everything on all 3 of them yesterday with aftermarket aluminum parts and high end servos etc. Here it is one day later and I have 1 broken truck and 2 on their last leg. I think I am done, does anyone have a recommendation on what I can replace them with so that myself and boys can enjoy time at the track without something breaking every five minutes.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I assume you purchased RTR trucks? the trucks are very durable, my 8yr old beats the crap out of mine and rarely breaks anything, in fact its the only off road vehicle i let him drive!! if you are tearing up the SC10 your gonna have real issues with anything else!! What exactly did you break? Are you racing on a track?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Best Sc10 4x4 race motor and esc

What's the best motor and esc for racing a sc10??
Old 03-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

I don't know if it's the best but tekin rx8 gen2 and tekin pro4 hd4000 is what most people run. Don't think you can get any better.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jspiker77
So I need some advice, I purchased 3 SC10 4x4 trucks for myself and my 2 boys. I have to say I am a little disappointed, specifically around the design of steering and the drive train. I am actually to the point where I am ready to add them to the trash and buy new trucks. I will also say I am an Associated fan and also have many of their other products in my collection including an original RC10. The issue I have is the SC10 4x4 has no durability, I replaced everything on all 3 of them yesterday with aftermarket aluminum parts and high end servos etc. Here it is one day later and I have 1 broken truck and 2 on their last leg. I think I am done, does anyone have a recommendation on what I can replace them with so that myself and boys can enjoy time at the track without something breaking every five minutes.
I beat the living tar out of mine in regard to racing. It is not a "basher" it is a race truck. Keep that in mind. The only basher durable trucks i would recommend are the slash and Tenkno. Budget permitting.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jspiker77
If you don't want to have to mess with the driveline, Tekno... 1/8 driveline, 1/10 power.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

aftermarket aluminum is not always the answer.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:09 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hip137
hi guys got a a&e sc10 4x4 ft getten ready to race.what parts if any should i change befor i take it out.got a T4.1 & T4.2 had to buy ball studs & ball cups because a&e stuff out of the box not up to snuff any thing like that ? and any other parts i should have would be helpfull.
If you find you are on a surface that you need to lose some rear bite, you will want the longer ball studs that go on the rear shock tower so you can safely raise the ball stud height on the rear shock tower. I was up to like 5mm or 6mm on high traction carpet.

Originally Posted by drained714
pretty new. and well ive been running at a local carpet track. And in the tighter turns im having a hard time powering through the turns. more like out of the turn. i want to accelerate mid way in the turn and out. and the car wants me to wait longer out of the turn. if any of this makes any sense. is there something i should be adjusting to fix this.
And whats up with v3 slipper mod, that in the last couple pages ive read a little about. but still unsure if its a upgrade from a vts slipper? and is slip the issue im having?
When you say its wanting to wait more in the turn, am I assuming its pushing through the turn if you try to get on power too soon versus the rear following the front where you want it to go?

I ran the vehicle on carpet and have a setup you could try especially if you have a center diff,though, the vehicle seems designed already with high traction in mind, feel free to post your setup too.

wonder if that smaller front pulley gear, I think the 19T could help?

but would want to see your setup first.

Had a chance to run the truck and do some testing yesterday with the V3 and i like the final design, it seems to engage a bit smoother and the new pistons are so much smoother! What i dont like is the jumping of this truck!! Of course we all know this but i forgot how annoying it is! So i am fired up about the belt drive reverse rotation project that i will start soon!
what Shark did and ran with recently looked very promising, and combining that in some manner with your Mod1 gears coudl be quite killer. Looking forward to seeing pics and vids of what you come up with!

Originally Posted by RBraswell
Anyone use an underbody? Any pros cons to them? I run at some fairly dirty tracks and am considering using one.
Go with the outerwear filter. it allows the air to flow but keeps the crap out. Not cheap, but worth it in my opinion.

Originally Posted by King DORK
Now we're talkin! Anxious to see what you do Marcus.
+1

Originally Posted by Calebhuffracing
What's the best motor and esc for racing a sc10??
Based on how rear heavy the vehicle is, it seems quite popular to go with a 540 sized Pro4 motor to help get a bit more bias to the front.

I liked the feel of the Tekin Pro4 4000Kv motor in mine. If you are on a larger track, the 4600Kv may be better choice.

But, you can tune in more top end to the 4000kv by using VERY LITTLE TIMING in the higher RPM ranges. that way, I did this for my top end and it kept my temps low since you are adding it to the higher RPM ranges. I used like 5 degrees total.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBraswell
I concur with Cain on the Outerwears underbody. It's made of a flexible mesh that lets the air in and keeps the dirt out. Like the c-diff, it's not cheap but it's well worth the expense. My Losi and Tekno-driving buddies are jealous because they don't make one for their trucks. Suckers!
Old 03-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Marcus, get going on the reverse motor design. I have been running my 4 gear since January and it is really working out well. Altitude control is great with it. Gears are holding up well, but your right it takes a lot of fine tuning to get the mesh right and there is a lot of wasted energy (friction) being generated by the extra gear. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.