Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 09:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default works

Originally Posted by gtfour93
How does the truck handle with this battery setup, compare to having it up front? Have you tried placing the battery all the way forward?
This lite weight setup works good for me. I have tried the battery up front but I like it better inline.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Apologies if my question about limiters sent the thread into a vortex but appreciate all the insight from both perspectives. I will err on the side of caution & run a couple mm (esp since crashing more likely than me noticing any performance hit @ my skill level :/) Will be sure to keep an eye on the arms. Just recently replaced CVDs w/ the FT shiny ones becuz got pair for $20 & figured worth having backup set. Hopefully they hold up as good as they look
Old 10-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by khofman
Apologies if my question about limiters sent the thread into a vortex but appreciate all the insight from both perspectives. I will err on the side of caution & run a couple mm (esp since crashing more likely than me noticing any performance hit @ my skill level :/) Will be sure to keep an eye on the arms. Just recently replaced CVDs w/ the FT shiny ones becuz got pair for $20 & figured worth having backup set. Hopefully they hold up as good as they look
You will get many different opinions , judge for your self who's you can trust ...

I race the Sc10 4x4 each week end where many that post here do not race or even drive one ...

You can tell who they are , always telling buy this or that after market part instead of helping you.
Also are big on making put down posts to get attention....

The shinny bones are stiffer from the chrome plate and will not bend quite as easily. The wear & tear is the same as the black .

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 10-14-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

hey pot, its me WC ... you still the same color?

As you believe that people suddenly cannot give advice on vehicle as they don't use it anymore, I take it any advice you have on kits that you don't have anymore is now bunk? Heck, as your vehicle isn't even in a similar configuration to what comes stock and what people ask about, your advice on that configuration is no bueno either right?

Yes poster, please pay close attention to what people post and see who you can trust, reading what has been posted by some that at one minute says one thing and the next minute when its available in AE blue says another... well, says a lot

But if the requirement is to trust those still running the vehicle right at this minute, I would give you advice to follow Shark's info. His is probably the most current and up to date without bias that I can see.

For 1 million Space Bucks, guess what his opinion of the RC Shox Center Ball Diff was in comparison to the VTS Slipper, 4 pad VTS Slipper, and even RC Shox Garodiscs?

(And that fellas is game, set, match!)

Last edited by Cain; 10-14-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

The pot and kettle are both making me want to sell my truck, buy something else, and start participating in a thread that isn't being kept alive by pooh slinging.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

You know that's what kept me from getting an SC10 4x4 in the first place people giving it negative feedback even though they don't even own one or drove one. I thank this guy at the track for letting me drive his, so I can actually see that this truck is no bull but all balls. I also wanna thank all you guys that gave me good advice on setting up my truck. I'm just kicking myself for not getting one sooner. Like I said to all those that hate this truck and dis it next time you see one on the track that kicks your ass maybe you will come to your senses. But then again there will always be haters.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Legend

Having owned 3 of these trucks, I can honestly say:

- Its a good all around truck for what it was made for at the time the class was forming
- Its excellent indoors, especially from what people are reporting from running a light setup
- It can benefit from upgrades to help improve its handling, especially on large 1/8 scale track where vehicles based on 1/8 scale designs perform best. In particular, the Center Diff conversion and the Rear M2C Toe in Block to name a few.

M03Racer: What setup are you running and what conditions? Since you have the vehicle running to your liking, your setup advice can be quite valuable to those running on similar conditions. Please post the info when you have a chance.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Legend

I like my Rc10 4x4
Even brought 3 wins in a row against the faster drivers in the N/w running their Teckno's ,Dingo's & of course the new Losi .
Give most of the credit to my Quad pad VTS & my Ae teammates help with the tuning.

Do my best sharing what they teach with everyone here on this thread.
Hoping this help other's like myself learn & get some like I enjoy.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by khofman
Ha, thread has been like this for quite some time, you just found one of the hot buttons. No worries at all, it will happen again I am sure. Consider it passion for the truck rather than anything else

Glad you are giving the limiters a try, better to be safe than sorry sometimes IMO. On the arms, watch for not only bowing from the chassis side to the tire side but also bowing and warping front to back, particularly at the chassis mount side. One other item to watch for is bending of the hinge pins. If you crash hard enough they will bend and bind the a-arms movement.

Listen to Cain even if he does not have one anymore, he has been an asset to this place. Oh, and to WC's point ... please be extra careful with my advice. I only race every other weekend and in 4 different classes so i am a bit rusty on my recommendations with this vehicle

Jason
Old 10-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Legend

AzFittin: Thanks for the kind words and man, that must have been one hard hit!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cain
AzFittin: Thanks for the kind words and man, that must have been one hard hit!
Pavement racing with this mid-last year. Boards are hard Again, you and several others have been very good sources of info on here. Many have gone away while others lurk to post panda bears.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Always remember info only goes so far, so you can't always trust what you read.

IMO you have to get the truck to the track and test and tune, and don't be afraid to try different things.

I always take what I read on this tread as help from everyone weather good or bad, and some times it points me in the right direction.

P.S. that Cain fella is a good guy
Old 10-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Legend

Road running over jumps was quite fun the few times I did it. The stock SC10 4x4 tires work great on those conditions and can do the job for carpet when pin type tires are not allowed.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rippen
I always take what I read on this tread as help from everyone weather good or bad, and some times it points me in the right direction.
Big +1

Test what people suggest, and post your findings. That way, everyone gains knowledge and can help with setups, etc. It may be you find something that works better and everyone benefits or you really like what someone else has done and confirm it too.

I did this with a few suggestions from people, even ones whose advice some would be surprised I would take. But I gave it all the benefit of the doubt, and responded what I found.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Having owned 3 of these trucks, I can honestly say:

- Its a good all around truck for what it was made for at the time the class was forming
- Its excellent indoors, especially from what people are reporting from running a light setup
- It can benefit from upgrades to help improve its handling, especially on large 1/8 scale track where vehicles based on 1/8 scale designs perform best. In particular, the Center Diff conversion and the Rear M2C Toe in Block to name a few.

M03Racer: What setup are you running and what conditions? Since you have the vehicle running to your liking, your setup advice can be quite valuable to those running on similar conditions. Please post the info when you have a chance.
I have it stock for now. Except for the set up chart you emailed me Cain. And it ran great on its first outing on a 1/5 scale track. I will have a novak ESC and motor in it but for now I just had my backup 4000KV motor cause I was impatient to try it out. I wanted to see how well it did and it did great. I have to get used to the truck cause it feels a bit different to drive but over all its very glued to the track. And it takes the jumps flawlessly. There are two guys at the track that ran they're SC10 4x4 truck and they were surprised that I had the battery up front like that and that the truck handled so well. They said they will try this set up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.