Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Jason when the arm bends that when I see bent cva's...
Also if the arm is already bent ? Makes the problem with CVA slam even worst.

If we had some stiffer arms we would not even be discussing the problem IMO.

Gt4

Rpm arms are slightly different geometry and do not offer any help as they flex just as much as the Ae arm.
The Ae arm handles better as well so stick with what you already have .

Check your arms, buy new if they are bent .
WC, I have to disagree with you on this one, the RPM arms are way better then the stock AE arms.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody227
Do you even know what you are writing?

As much as you provide useful information you also post the biggest sh*t
HAHA
Old 10-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry I meant to say I want you to drive
Old 10-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Jason when the arm bends that when I see bent cva's...
Also if the arm is already bent ? Makes the problem with CVA slam even worst.

If we had some stiffer arms we would not even be discussing the problem IMO.

Gt4

Rpm arms are slightly different geometry and do not offer any help as they flex just as much as the Ae arm.
The Ae arm handles better as well so stick with what you already have .

Check your arms, buy new if they are bent .
This is one of the never ending arguments here. You have your beliefs/experience and I have mine. The arms are overly flexy and that is a design flaw with this truck in my opinion. The RPM arms are much better but not perfect for all. What I can tell you and anyone else who wants to listen and test rather than just believe is that RPM or stock arms are not the sole cause of the outdrive to CV issue. Without limiters mine hit with minimal pressure. Ramp that pressure up like in a crash and all sorts of things are flexing, not just the arm. The easiest fix are limiters pure and simple. Run without them and see how it goes. If they bend buy new and add some limiters. Simple.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

RPM arms are absolutely better than the stock rubber arms and flex much less. Limiters make a difference without a doubt. FT carbon arms would be great, but not likely gonna see AE give this car that kind of love.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Rpm +1
Old 10-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Legend

[QUOTE=AzFittin;12626103]This is one of the never ending arguments here.

You think this is a argument ???
You already won...

Just answer one question please

why for the last year my Cva do not rub or bend using no limiter's ?

Or last lay out had a 24 ft triple and still nothing bent or rubbing.

Rpm are not design to the same dimensions, they R different and do not handle like the Ae arms.

not that you can't do well with them , just know from using both the truck feels & handles better with the Ae arm.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Legend

Believe it or not.

Comparing the stiffness of the arms...

Compare a worn out Ae to a brand new RPM and you will find the RPM to be a bit stiffer then the Ae.

Compare both brand new however , they are close almost equel IMO.

Lesson learned ?

Old Rpm or Ae both flex a lot easier then when new.

They both wrap the same from hard hits & hand landings.

Check your arms carefully and replace if you can see they are bent.

Use either brand you like , could care less just informing the differences between both.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=Wild Cherry;12626243]
Originally Posted by AzFittin
This is one of the never ending arguments here.

You think this is a argument ???
You already won...

Just answer one question please

why for the last year my Cva do not rub or bend using no limiter's ?

Or last lay out had a 24 ft triple and still nothing bent or rubbing.

Rpm are not design to the same dimensions, they R different and do not handle like the Ae arms.

not that you can't do well with them , just know from using both the truck feels & handles better with the Ae arm.
Ha, not looking to win anything on here. Like it or not my explanation is that you race on what is effectively asphalt with some humps in it at relatively slow speeds. By the very nature of the tracks you run your truck does not see the abuse that many others do. That along with (complement here) your driving ability (lack of 30mph cartwheels down the straights) means your truck has it good. I am quite certain that the 24ft triple is smooth as glass on the landing and you have no 20mph gusts tossing your truck about. Best jump I have seen at our track was one where the 4x4 honestly did a back-flip into the wind due to a gust. He landed on his wheels before the jump, it was hilarious!!

RPM are diff, no doubt, mainly work better for me as I have not had to replace due to warpage or breakage in over a year. Better than the few months I got out of stockers.

And for the record, for you I am certain that things work like you say for you (at least the things you have had direct experience with). For me, my driving style, and the tracks I race on I have differing needs.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 9turn
Cain I'm not asking you to turn the car or give me advice on the car I want to drive the car I think it is dilled The only thing it does sometimes that I don't like is the Rear end will kick out on a big sweeper But if you stab the gas soon enough there's no problem let me know
no prob. Do you have the M2C rear toe in block, what setup are you running exactly and what conditions are you using the vehicle in?

Originally Posted by rippen
WC, I have to disagree with you on this one, the RPM arms are way better then the stock AE arms.
+1

Originally Posted by King DORK
RPM arms are absolutely better than the stock rubber arms and flex much less. Limiters make a difference without a doubt. FT carbon arms would be great, but not likely gonna see AE give this car that kind of love.
+2

Believe it or not.

Compare a worn out Ae to a brand new RPM and you will find the RPM to be a bit stiffer then the Ae.

Lesson learned ?

Use either brand you like , could care less just informing the differences between both.
By that logic, then by default the RPMs are better as they start out the same as the AE in your opinion (sorry, felt the RPMs were stiffer than the new AE ones I had) and they stay more rigid longer. As far as geometry changes, etc. They may be a different geometry, didn't check, however, did that geometry change make the vehicle handling worse? Personally after trying others who had SC10 4x4s at the time with the stock arms versus the one I had, I didn't notice an advantage one way or the other due to arm geometry.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Believe it or not.

Lesson learned ?

Your point is moot, b/c we don't agree with you and could also care less for your biased and skewed misinfromation. Lesson learned?

This coming from someone that used to say that the Ae arms were superior and very rigid and we were all fools that were crashing to much causing them to bend. Then you eventually admitted that the stock arms warp easily.

Btw, to all others, my experience with this truck goes back to the release of the original non ft kit, i have put countless hrs driving the truck, the stock Ae arms are horrid and bend over if you look at them badly, just one race day and the stock Ae arms will already start to show signs of warping. The rpm arms will also eventually warp, though remaining straight and true for a longer period then the stock ae arms.

The performance differences are so minute, there not even worth bringing up. The geometry of the arms, while looking slightly different, are basically the same. I did not notice any real difference in the way the truck performed, lap times were the same. Lesson learned?
In Wc case probably not, bc he flip flops more then a politician and seems to just like to get a rise out of others, while saying whatever belligerent comments it takes to fuel his never ending need to feel validated and liked, very immature for an older person imo.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Legend

For myself found the Rpm to warp the same as the Ae , not much difference..
Important thing is either arm warps and needs to be checked & replaced often if you race often...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 10-12-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Tech Legend

Yeah, but if the AE's warp much quicker, you end up more $$$ into the a-arms. You also get more consistent handling if the RPM arms stay stiff longer than the AEs, which affects your suspension geometry. Considering how much importance you place on that, I am assuming you change your AE a-arms quite frequently.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

No mc block $
Old 10-13-2013, 06:18 AM
Tech Legend

The M2C rear toe in block is probably one of the best upgrades to lock in the rear end. I highly recommend it for those who are having trouble with the rear end being loose.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.