Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABN Hoosier
... Anything you might add/subtract?
Lol. I think I know what WC might suggest for removal being consistent with what he has normally said in the past:

- Step 1: Removal all RC Shox stuff
- Step 2: Put on the Quad Slipper mod which is godly!

Old 08-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Legend

Hoosier , I set my truck up a lot different & don't use few if any after market parts.

If I were at your track I could let you drive my truck and experience how it performs and I would do the same with yours.

One pack with my truck would speak volumes to anyone on how to tune..
Sense we cannot do will try my best to help if I can.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Lol. I think I know what WC might suggest for removal being consistent with what he has normally said in the past:

- Step 1: Removal all RC Shox stuff
- Step 2: Put on the Quad Slipper mod which is godly!

Hey cain is very helpful with this truck.and the m2c block is good I was able to try one out last weekend. Now im getting it for mine also. I will have a m2c part on all my car soon
Old 08-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Legend

Thanks imrob!

AE could make a quick killing by offering more rear toe in blocks for the vehicle. Considering all there other offroad vehicles have that option from what I can tell (heck the B4/T4 based ones can do like 4.5 degrees), it would be awesome for them to do that and could really help a lot of drivers on rough stuff.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks imrob!

AE could make a quick killing by offering more rear toe in blocks for the vehicle. Considering all there other offroad vehicles have that option from what I can tell (heck the B4/T4 based ones can do like 4.5 degrees), it would be awesome for them to do that and could really help a lot of drivers on rough stuff.
Yes you might be on the right track there with that idea but I wonder how 4.5 will effect say like a180 foot straight.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Thanks imrob!

My "TACT" ALWAYS wanders on my cars....

"Team Associated Conspiracy Theory"...
Old 09-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Legend

True, but having the option atleast would be a bonus instead of 3 degrees all the time.

If they make a revision of the SC10 4x4, I could see them doing that .
Old 09-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by King DORK
Take an opinion from someone who actually tried and now continues to use the product you're asking about, not someone who tried their own "homemade" version of them. The Garos are a great performance upgrade for a small price .
The pads you claim are home made ?

Their cut out with a water jet .
Same material...

Yellow pad performance is smoother holds the tune and has been unbeatable.

Still, been experimenting with some very interesting new pad materials that blow away the fiberglass pads ...batman:
Old 09-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

Same material...

Still, been experimenting with some very interesting new pad materials that blow away the fiberglass pads ...batman:

I guess I am confused how a yellow pad that can glaze holds a tune better than something that is reported to not glaze? Please elaborate on that WC? unless you mean it holds a tune after you do maintenance on int for the glazing mentioned, then, in that case, that is different situation than what you are saying.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Same material...

BS....any kind of fiber based cloth will glaze no matter what.
secondly Garodisc are not fiberglass.....Einstein

Another thing is you cannot cut soft fiber with a waterjet so your lying about that too, it must be stamped from a die or scissors in your case

Care to put your money where your mouth is??
Old 09-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Yellow pad is all I will use..

Nothing better available, have made my own garo was not impressed

Either you actually used authentic RCShox Garo's or you did not, because there is no way you just "made your own Garo" but I am impressed that you even tried something else. a few weeks ago i sold a few sets to your zip code so someone there is running them....HMMMMMM

Here is some info that you obviously dont know. I sourced out 9 different vendors and sources for my material and they all acted different, you cant go to home depot and get it. So the odds of you finding my source out of this country are minimal and not only that but you cant buy a small piece of it to try out. secondly how did you cut it? with a dremel and a drill? it would take you a half a day to make one by hand out of my material and even then it would not be precise. the other option is to have someone draw the disc up in CAD ,program a machine and machine a set just for you.That process would take probably 2 hours so did you pay a CNC machinist 150.00 to make them for you, doubt it.You cannot get the material hot or it will be ruined so a dremel tool creates too much heat. You cant BS the BS'r WC, that would be like me asking you what its like to be a senior citizen
Old 09-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

So since you made your own, you must have your own water jet at home (and I'm not talking about the toilet )? When people ask about other's experiences with a SPECIFIC product that I never personally tried I tend to keep my mouth shut instead of feeding them a line of crap .
Old 09-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

My neighbor was throwing away his ham radio so I took it to try something out.

I used some of the parts to make an electronic speed controller. It worked, but not very well. My opinion on escs after making one is that they are not very good so you should use the old mechanical controllers.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Legend

King,
just calm down....

Guy that cut them out is in Oregon .
He' s a professional , does it for a living.
so you know have used garo's , same pad you have . Borrowed a set for a couple weeks .
Went back to the yellow because of their performance...
Old 09-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Can you guys list the NAME/MODEL/PART NUMBER and/or LINK to the parts you are talking about?

"yellow", "Garo discs" (complete clutch assembly parts/number) to run them too. What are these new quad slipper or whatever they are? Please list em all for me would appreciate it. Just wanna know my options.

I am running the RCShox center diff with 4 pins. Just wanna catch up to the latest and greatest. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.