Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 AM
  #33616  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,395
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by warrenwrench
I just wanted to thank everyone on this thread for the info that has lead me to take my SC10 4x4 from being a shelf queen for the last year and a half and side lining me from racing the class to having a competitive truck on the indoors tracks for the last couple of months. It looks like it will have its first shot on a large outdoor track this Sunday if the weather holds out. It will be up against alot of Losi's and I know of at least a couple of Tekno's, I guess we'll see how it pans out. After being sidelined in the class all last year I own a Tekno myself now, just haven't had the time to get it built, (spending too much time with the SC10 4x4). I am currently using yellow springs front and rear, should I plan on putting the blues back on for outdoor? I have not installed the M2C block.
For me at least, running a extremely loose and bumpy conditions I liked the Blue Fronts on Front, and White or Green Fronts on the rear. That said, heck, give your current springs a try and see how you like them. I would mainly look at how the suspension reacts over bumps, jumps, etc. If you run into rear traction issues, look at the M2C rear block or similar "add more toe-in device" first.

Originally Posted by drolmaeye
I am doing the same, I call them "saddle packs."
LOL. I think the thing he is getting at is that Bk was using those larger batteries. A buddy of mind here uses dual shorties in parallel to get more runtime.
Cain is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 07:32 AM
  #33617  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
drolmaeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Willowbrook, IL
Posts: 242
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cain

LOL. I think the thing he is getting at is that Bk was using those larger batteries. A buddy of mind here uses dual shorties in parallel to get more runtime.
I'm just having a little fun . . . the nice thing about WC is you can joke with him a little bit and he realizes it is all in good fun while we work together to get the most out of this machine.

On a completely different topic, I installed the M2C block last night (I mention this because you are definitely the most vocal proponent). I went right to 3.5 in preparation for taking the truck back outside this summer. The instructions leave a little to be desired, or alternatively, people drive from the right side of the car in South Carolina (I think that's where the blocks come from). In any case I'm pretty sure I have it set correctly for 3.5-2. I will also be installing the V2 cdiff this week. I'll have to go back and find some of your setups with this equipment prior to your carpet time.
drolmaeye is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 07:43 AM
  #33618  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
sugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 795
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Shark413
GraphiteChassis or Sugs, any pictures of your centered stick pack modded trucks? Sounds interesting.

You can do a search on my user name and "center stick" and you will find my version 2 setup. I'll try and get a picture of my version 3 and final setup that I've been happy with sometime this week.


Originally Posted by warrenwrench
I just wanted to thank everyone on this thread for the info that has lead me to take my SC10 4x4 from being a shelf queen for the last year and a half and side lining me from racing the class to having a competitive truck on the indoors tracks for the last couple of months. It looks like it will have its first shot on a large outdoor track this Sunday if the weather holds out. It will be up against alot of Losi's and I know of at least a couple of Tekno's, I guess we'll see how it pans out. After being sidelined in the class all last year I own a Tekno myself now, just haven't had the time to get it built, (spending too much time with the SC10 4x4). I am currently using yellow springs front and rear, should I plan on putting the blues back on for outdoor? I have not installed the M2C block.

I would definitely bring a set of blue springs and lighter swaybars with you in case you need them, although I found that I didn't need to change anything but tires between indoor and out. Obviously the correct tires for the track are important, I happen to like SS Enduros for outdooor.
sugs is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:00 AM
  #33619  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 203
Default

I just got the M2C block and I'm not understanding the directions for 3.5. Anyone have or can post a picture of what it is supposed to look like for 3.5 tow?
indybobb is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:00 AM
  #33620  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
This was 3/24, did all those changes help him, or hurt him?
I have no clue , maybe if you asked him ?

Do you race a Sc10 4x4 ?
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:03 AM
  #33621  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
t0p_sh0tta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

I used to. Don't really have time for the class as I now focus solely on my buggies.

Why do you ask?
t0p_sh0tta is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:05 AM
  #33622  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by drolmaeye
I am doing the same, I call them "saddle packs."
Saddle pack cell is taller ...
1s is wider and thinner...
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 AM
  #33623  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
I used to. Don't really have time for the class as I now focus solely on my buggies.

Why do you ask?
Your new and
quite a few come here just to bash & troll ....

I focus on the buggy , 4w bug & the
Sc10 4x4 & 2w ...
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 AM
  #33624  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
t0p_sh0tta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

lol, I'm not new here. I like the truck. I think it's fine as is, it just requires more tuning time, and prowess than the others.

I go wherever the competition is, so I'll stick to my 4.2 and 44.2. for now.
t0p_sh0tta is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 AM
  #33625  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
lol, I'm not new here. I like the truck. I think it's fine as is, it just requires more tuning time, and prowess than the others.

I go wherever the competition is, so I'll stick to my 4.2 and 44.2. for now.
Hope you get one ....
agree with , it is a good truck.
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:26 AM
  #33626  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,395
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by drolmaeye
I'm just having a little fun . . . the nice thing about WC is you can joke with him a little bit and he realizes it is all in good fun while we work together to get the most out of this machine.

On a completely different topic, I installed the M2C block last night (I mention this because you are definitely the most vocal proponent). I went right to 3.5 in preparation for taking the truck back outside this summer. The instructions leave a little to be desired, or alternatively, people drive from the right side of the car in South Carolina (I think that's where the blocks come from). In any case I'm pretty sure I have it set correctly for 3.5-2. I will also be installing the V2 cdiff this week. I'll have to go back and find some of your setups with this equipment prior to your carpet time.
shoot me a pm with your email if you don't find it, I can provide you with a setup sheet I had for outdoor.
Cain is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 10:57 AM
  #33627  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,395
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by indybobb
I just got the M2C block and I'm not understanding the directions for 3.5. Anyone have or can post a picture of what it is supposed to look like for 3.5 tow?
from memory, I believe that is the one with the 2 notches on the corners, does that sounds like what you are seeing?
Cain is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:02 AM
  #33628  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
J-Fraz203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: RCHR
Posts: 462
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Hope you get one ....
agree with , it is a good truck.
He already had one. Lol. The class was hit or miss. But with the addition of a large indoor track the class is being revived bigger then ever.
J-Fraz203 is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 AM
  #33629  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by J-Fraz203
He already had one. Lol. The class was hit or miss. But with the addition of a large indoor track the class is being revived bigger then ever.
Sc4x4 is growing and very popular here in the N/w ..
The class is so popular its getting ready to
bump 2w Sc 17.5 out the door ...

Only class with more entries is 17.5 bug
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:19 AM
  #33630  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
???E-Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Owensboro,Ky
Posts: 1,741
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Just finished driving my SC10 4wd with my Trakpower 6200mah 50c packs.
I installed proline Street Fighter street tires so I can do speed runs on pavement
without wearing out my offroad tires. I ran for about 12 mins. Now I dunno if
I can make a 10 min A-main or not but im hoping I can. Theres only 1 track
around here that runs 10 min A-mains. The rest are much lower 5-6 mins.
???E-Racer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.