Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 01:19 PM
  #31936  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (142)
 
ilanstylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 4,615
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default

IMO the garodisc's outperformed the stock ae pads in every which way....... Doesn't glaze anywhere near as fast, so you don't have to keep tightening down your slipper.
ilanstylz is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:20 PM
  #31937  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,405
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vito
thank but am not in a boat to ship it to a new home buyer pays that right?
You can state that, price it accordingly. In general, that is basically built into the price. Though, if i recall do you have this on consignment with the hobbyshop? That may affect what you see.

Originally Posted by rippen
It still should be in the forsale section.
+1
Cain is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:21 PM
  #31938  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Use prices at TRCR been around $170 and up .
Sc10 4x4 truck's sit's for only a day or so before being sold ..

Very popular truck because its affordable and parts a plenty .
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:22 PM
  #31939  
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

Originally Posted by Cain
You can state that, price it accordingly. In general, that is basically built into the price. Though, if i recall do you have this on consignment with the hobbyshop? That may affect what you see.



+1
its at a lhs and he a good firend and takes 20 bucks so its not bad
vito is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:24 PM
  #31940  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by vito
its at a lhs and he a good firend and takes 20 bucks so its not bad
instead of paying the $20 ?
see if he will give you 100% of the price towards store credit ...

Better deal ...
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 PM
  #31941  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,405
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Use prices at TRCR been around $170 and up .
Sc10 4x4 truck's sit's for only a day or so before being sold ..

Very popular truck because its affordable and parts a plenty .
Your right about it being affordable ... looking at the prices they actually sell for online even hopped up, yup, they sure are affordable

Originally Posted by vito
its at a lhs and he a good firend and takes 20 bucks so its not bad
Thats cool then. Hope you can get out of it what you are looking for.
Cain is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 PM
  #31942  
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

he likes it but no money yet and i buying a b44.2 kit with it thanks
vito is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:29 PM
  #31943  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
IMO the garodisc's outperformed the stock ae pads in every which way....... Doesn't glaze anywhere near as fast, so you don't have to keep tightening down your slipper.


For yellow pad only
Never tighten down only adjust a 1/2 turn or less .

If you have to tighten down its time to clean the pads ...
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:32 PM
  #31944  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sioux City, Iowa
Posts: 444
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rippen
It still should be in the forsale section.
+1000
AE SC10 4X4 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:36 PM
  #31945  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

[QUOTE=Cain;11619601]Your right about it being affordable ... looking at the prices they actually sell for online even hopped up, yup, they sure are affordable
[/QUO


Funnest part for me ?

The guys that sold theirs ?
Are getting beat by their old trucks .......
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:49 PM
  #31946  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,405
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Originally Posted by Cain
Your right about it being affordable ... looking at the prices they actually sell for online even hopped up, yup, they sure are affordable

Funnest part for me ?

The guys that sold theirs ?
Are getting beat by their old trucks .......
But, the real question is are they faster than with there previous trucks ...

You could just as easily say the same if that losi guy who placed in front of you in that vid bought one of those Sc10 4x4s those guys used to have and then beat the field again, that well , those guys are getting beat by their old trucks. However, its a mute point and a bit disingenuous since they were getting beat before by the other guys truck beforehand.

What really matters is are those guys who sold their vehicles (and the losi guy for example in reverse) now faster with whatever they went with, losi, durango, whatever?

By the way, be great to hear from those guys on this thread to see what their opinions are after making the switch.

I plan to post my experiences good or bad, the SCT410 I got coming has a lot to live up to as I really liked how the SC10 4x4 felt, but, can't argue with parts compatibility with my 1/8 platform. If it doesn't work out, will give the SC10 4x4 a look again.
Cain is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 02:10 PM
  #31947  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by Cain
But, the real question is are they faster than with there previous trucks ...

You could just as easily say the same if that losi guy who placed in front of you in that vid bought one of those Sc10 4x4s those guys used to have and then beat the field again, that well , those guys are getting beat by their old trucks. However, its a mute point and a bit disingenuous since they were getting beat before by the other guys truck beforehand.

What really matters is are those guys who sold their vehicles (and the losi guy for example in reverse) now faster with whatever they went with, losi, durango, whatever?

By the way, be great to hear from those guys on this thread to see what their opinions are after making the switch.

I plan to post my experiences good or bad, the SCT410 I got coming has a lot to live up to as I really liked how the SC10 4x4 felt, but, can't argue with parts compatibility with my 1/8 platform. If it doesn't work out, will give the SC10 4x4 a look again.

Hey !!

I`m not that good , but still able to do well with the oldest Sc10 4x4 in the N/w .
Just go by the word from the driver of that red truck....

Why are they getting beat by their old trucks ?
Mostly because the new owners are more experience & faster ....

A lot faster drivers in fact ....

So look at the results for the N/w more important race events.
Almost every event has been won by a Sc10 4x4 including lasts months N/w Shoot out series in P-Town & Scotty Ernest Show Down race last summer .


Fantastic results can change ...

But this record itself should speak volumes what the truck is capable of ...
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 02:32 PM
  #31948  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,405
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Why are they getting beat by their old trucks ?
Mostly because the new owners are more experience & faster ....

A lot faster drivers in fact ....
Honestly WC, that's a lot different than what your previous posts have been implying ...

Which in turn goes back to what I have asked and what really matters, maybe someone else who knows these drivers in question can talk with them and even get them to post, their insight would be valuable and could help others who are thinking of doing the switch, good or bad? I'd be curious to know:

- Have their lap times improved by going to a different platform?
- Do they feel they are more consistent?
- Do they wish they hadn't switched?
- What were the main problems they were having that caused them to switch, if any that they couldn't solve as well as what they tried to do to solve them?

As for your driving, you drive well WC. Your lines look good and you definitely don't subscribe to the losi method of punting people off the track to get the fast line. And since the AE doesn't seem to slop out like some vehicles, it ages more like wine than milk. Other than getting the bling with the Factory Team edition and it was a great deal thanks to the "strong" resale market of the SC10 4x4, couldn't pass it up. If it wasn't for that, heck, I probably would have kept the regular one longer LOL.

As for results, those are great. But I have to ask, what were those conditions?

Were they large 1/8 scale blown out tracks with big jumps? You know, the one where the performance of the vehicle is lacking in comparison to the other vehicles? Where items like the RC Shox Center diff and dual stage pistons, and something that adds in more toe in to stabilize the rear end benefit the vehicle?

And as a side note, the wins of all the different platforms speaks volumes, including the ones you see at your track ...

In the end, from what I can tell all the top vehicles are capable, some can just be more capable than others in certain conditions and come with their own set of issues ...

It is what it is ...
Cain is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 02:56 PM
  #31949  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Think about it Cain , I don't even have a care about the new competition .


Learned from years of experience.

Ae will take care of me with upgrades & improvements ..
Anything is possible ....

Not so bad to stick with the team & their help they give us ...

This help has been my blessing though these years....

No wonder I'm am so die hard .......
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 03:04 PM
  #31950  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,405
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Think about it Cain , I don't even have a care about the new competition .


Learned from years of experience.

Ae will take care of me with upgrades & improvements ..
Anything is possible ....

Not so bad to stick with the team & their help they give us ...

This help has been my blessing though these years....

No wonder I'm am so die hard .......
You aren't that die hard WC. You aren't using the AE parts for your slipper assembly on your B4 ...
Cain is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.