Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acill
I dont understand the pain so many have. Once I got the ball diff in mine, put on the rear exotek hubs and did various +8 or less setups on the rear I have had no issues. Im constantly fast on my local indoor track, and love this truck now.

I guess it all boils down to driving style? Im very picky too at how I setup and it seems to work well for me.
Are you running at glitch or One Hobbies? Asking because one an outdoor track and one is an indoor track. The truck is very good indoors on good clay. outdoors is where most of these people are having issues. If you have a good outdoors setup, post yours, I am sure people would like to see it.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by SC Shaun
As I stated, V1.

And yes, it really is as easy as a "black and decker drill and poking some holes". I did it all through V1 and it worked fine. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to follow one of your spurs clamped together on a drill press for even further precision either. (those V2 tiny little pin holes change things for my ability to manufacture them myself)

I'm not paying 40 dollars for 3 spur gears, Marcus. It doesn't attack your product, because it is superior to the VTS in my opinion. I was one of the first to buy your stuff. But due to the wobble of the spur and how much I drive, mine rounds and starts to become loud and I replace it. I pay 2.50 for VTS, 11.99 without shipping for yours. That's an entire day practice fee difference. I appreciate the care taken with burrs and that nonsense, but unless you're melting the plastic it only takes a second time through to "de-bur" my spurs.

Your precision and respect for our best interest is awesome and commendable but 11.99 is too much for a plastic gear with holes drilled in it for me. I've defended you on a dozen occasions I can think off the top of my head but it's become a long standing theme that if anyone says anything negative about you in any form, it causes an uproar of large scale and it has become tiring.

(My stamp comment was just a thrown out slang'd word, it was not meant to be taken literally, my bad)
The word "clamp" and precision Should never be in the same sentence . If you think you can clamp two spur gears together and get a concentric BC you are mistaken.

The "wobble" of the spur is a by product of ball difs, they all do it and there is no way to cure that without causing excess drag which defeats the purpose.

I know you have supported me in the past which is why your comment surprised me . It only takes a second to deburr your spurs because there is only 10 holes and they dont intersect, try that with a V2 spur! Not only that but i never sold the V1 spurs outright, A V1 spur would obviously be cheaper since it is less work but i dont make or sell them and havent for 6+mths.

I am passionate about what i do , this shouldnt surprise you! "highway robbery" is the last thing on my mind when pricing parts. So out of curiosity what is an acceptable price to you? keep in mind that i have 5.00 in it before i even open the bag!
I rarely make post on this thread so if my one post per week makes you tired maybe there are some other issues at hand? IMO when an incorrect statement has been made i dont think it is wrong for me to explain why things are as they are? Its obvious that you didnt understand why they are 11.99 and i hope that you do now!

i have exceeded my post per week quota, so I will stop now!LOL
Old 10-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Legend

Ae VTS slipper system

only $17
Still
the best buy ....
Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

How do you guys place the weights if your using stickpacks? Just curious!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Prostreet314
I am passionate about what i do , this shouldnt surprise you! "highway robbery" is the last thing on my mind when pricing parts. So out of curiosity what is an acceptable price to you? keep in mind that i have 5.00 in it before i even open the bag!
Considering what you say goes into making the spur gear and the cost you already have into it,I can see why you charge what you do. Now, does that mean when you compare on face value the cost of the spur versus one of yours without any more information provided, yeah, it can seem like its a premium price.

Personally, I think a max of $10 per spur I would think is a better price to wrap my head around as a consumer. Maybe that whole $9.99 thing where people for some unconscious reason see it as better than a whole $10

Or, maybe you could offer a multi spur combo price? Say 3 spurs for $29.99 or something.

But ultimately this is a free market. You are free to charge what you want, and the consumer can vote with there wallet what they want.

Personally I think its more of a compliment on the performance of the Center Diff for those who use it and like it as people are willing to pay that price for it and the replacement parts in comparison to what AE has offered at this time.

By the way Marcus, I noticed the pins I got in for the center diff are a different color than what originally mine came with, a dark greyish color versus the silver I had before. Look better machined too. Is there a real difference between the two?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Ae VTS slipper system

only $17
Still
the best buy ....
I completely disagree. You only race indoors on a high bite track, you cant really give advice on outdoor low bite. The VTS was better than the 2 disc, but less than anything else. Please dont compare indoor high bite to outdoor low bite. Come back low bite outdoor 8th scale experience please. Otherwise, your just giving bad advice.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Legend

Ae VTS slipper system

only $17
Still
the best buy ....
So you have finally tried the Center Diff?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Complete shot in the dark here... but not yet.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Prophet

I sold my truck with the VTS to "Acill", a fellow arizona local. He tried it over and over with truck using my parts, motor and what not. he told me the pads constantly glazed and were crap. He bought the cdiff and said it was night and day better. It made the truck much better. Along with 90% of the people on this thread and the fact that the guy that bought my truck had much more success with the cdiff, I "believe" it is superior. I dont give a rats butt what the pros do, I am pretty sure 99% of the people here are not sponsored. When the guys closer to my skill say this is a huge improvement, I believe it is. I liked everything about the sc10 4x4 but the lack of a cdiff. I was really hoping AE would develop a cdiff, but they really dont care about this truck. They forced the A team to run it at nats and you would be hard pressed to see the A Team run it any other time.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Legend

I told you , never seen someone with go fast with that thing, only seen them take it off & install a VTS and then they went fast ...
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Legend

I told you , never seen someone with go fast with that thing, only seen them take it off & install a VTS and then they went fast ...
And this?

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
AHH i see i got drug into this once more, let it be know that once again the Pink Panther started it. So the driver that Rotten Cherry is talking about is Cameron Kellog ,What WC failed to mention was the otherside of the story but that is to be expected( i have talked to Cameron and do so on a regular basis), what he also didnt mention is that Cameron has repeatedly dusted his azz with the center dif on the same track but of course that means nothing.
Now, mind you and anyone else, my wording would be less ... colorful ... than MantisWorx
Old 10-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Considering what you say goes into making the spur gear and the cost you already have into it,I can see why you charge what you do. Now, does that mean when you compare on face value the cost of the spur versus one of yours without any more information provided, yeah, it can seem like its a premium price.

Personally, I think a max of $10 per spur I would think is a better price to wrap my head around as a consumer. Maybe that whole $9.99 thing where people for some unconscious reason see it as better than a whole $10

Or, maybe you could offer a multi spur combo price? Say 3 spurs for $29.99 or something.

But ultimately this is a free market. You are free to charge what you want, and the consumer can vote with there wallet what they want.

Personally I think its more of a compliment on the performance of the Center Diff for those who use it and like it as people are willing to pay that price for it and the replacement parts in comparison to what AE has offered at this time.

By the way Marcus, I noticed the pins I got in for the center diff are a different color than what originally mine came with, a dark greyish color versus the silver I had before. Look better machined too. Is there a real difference between the two?

The pins i sent you are harder ( and cost 3 X the other ones) i didnt notice the price difference until i looked at my invoice! They should last much longer.

At 10.00 per spur im actually losing money, 12.00 is a break even point. which is how i like to price spare parts. Some people only see the bottom line and fail to realize how to get there (not you, just general). If you are racing RC and 12.00 is a breaking point, maybe dont drink a Monster drink and eat a salad for dinner will make up the difference nobody complained about the price of the extended balls for the 8mm mod, now thats a steep price. Try buying a set of Kyosho springs or shocks
Old 10-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Prophet

on how many outdoor low bite tracks did you see them take it off? I am very sure, that there are tracks where the vts is better and tracks where the cdiff is better. And maybe some where the exotec locker with vts is better. So again, how many outdoor low bite 8th scale tracks have you seen the cdiff pull out and replaces with a vts?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

And this?

Now, mind you and anyone else, my wording would be less ... colorful ... than MantisWorx
If it happens on the internet it doesn't count.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I love reading this thread

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.