Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

well.. its been too long.. im finally giving up on this truck.. it bumbs me out but oh well.. its just time to move on.. maybe buy a new kit in the long run.. but at the moment im having more fun in the 2wd department than in the 4wd... less stressful and not a hack fest when trying to race.. she's going on the shelf for a while she is so clapped out its not even funny!
Old 09-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yeah, driving a clapped out ride isn't fun. Amazing how much better any car runs with fresh arms, bearings, linkages & so on. New, tight fresh feeling cars are always more fun to drive.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
I've been painting the murdered out thing for a while. It's a little tough to make it not look ghetto unless you go to a bunch of trouble to mask it twice. Yours looks okay.

Funny enough, I have four (new) sedan bodies trimmed and mounted awaiting a similar fate.
That looks sweet man! I wasnt going for anything pro looking at all with mine.. I actually sprayed over all the stickers and everything that was already on there. I used Plasti-dip. Not sure if you guys are familiar with it but its like a rubberized coating that can be peeled off if needed. I did this for 2 reasons. 1 Is just to see how i liked the look, and 2 is because of its rubber like makeup I wanted to see how the coating would possibly help to protect the body itself. I may try and do a cleaner job with a new body if this one holds up on the track.

Best part of it all if you dont like it, grab a corner and peel it away.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Well after a few months of not driving my sc10 4x4 I plan on taking it to the track tomorrow......... Just put in newly fresh rpm a-arms all around, new avid bearings everywhere and my rx8 back in. Took off the carbon hubs in the rear and dropped down to 4mm on the inner ballstuds. I've changed up alot of things back to when I had the first kit because I felt like it drove better for me then it did when I completely changed my setup.......Hopefully it'll drive like it used to and I fall back in luff with this thing lol.........
Old 09-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

It was calling you from the shelf?

Just freshened up all bearings, pins, arms... just about everything, list goes on. It's got that new car smell like yours now

Last edited by fq06; 09-15-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by xDIRTYx
That looks sweet man! I wasnt going for anything pro looking at all with mine.. I actually sprayed over all the stickers and everything that was already on there. I used Plasti-dip. Not sure if you guys are familiar with it but its like a rubberized coating that can be peeled off if needed. I did this for 2 reasons. 1 Is just to see how i liked the look, and 2 is because of its rubber like makeup I wanted to see how the coating would possibly help to protect the body itself. I may try and do a cleaner job with a new body if this one holds up on the track.

Best part of it all if you dont like it, grab a corner and peel it away.
There's a guy at Westcoast that sprays bed liner inside after he's painted it and it holds up for months, really strong. Adds more weight than shoe goo & drywall tape.
Just sayin, if you like how plasti dip holds your ready for the trash body together, think about it for your next body. Not worth the weight penalty to me, but for some it's worth it.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Another Race day:

Another terrible 3 DNF races.

I cannot keep this truck running. I get to the track and my MMP is dead'er than dead. No lights at all. I strip it out and Truck suddenly stops at 3:00, 3:30, 5:30 minutes like it thermal'd. I have steering and the speedo understands my trigger input but won't move, 15-20 seconds later, the truck drives again. (obviously no point at that point.)

After race went into free practice before close, I timed my runs and when it did it, (at 3:34) I ran out and temp'd it.
- Pro 4 4000 - 170*
- MMP ESC - 137*
Not thermal level. This happened again at 5:24 and 4:21 run times. I turned off lipo cut off from a suggestion of a fellow racer, no change. Different batteries do the same thing, no change.
-------------------------
This started all IMMEDIATELY after installing the Exotek chassis and switching to Saddle packs. I have never once had a problem with my MMP's for TWO YEARS.

- Fellow racers blame my MMP and I have ordered a second RX8 to replace the one i'm tearing out of my RC8.2e tonight. Last week I had this exact same problem, with a seperate MMP. which scares me into not being 100% sure of my problem. I also tried a buddy's batteries and two different sets of my own. (It's not dumping)

Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 09-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC Shaun
Another Race day:

I cannot keep this truck running. Truck suddenly stops at 3:00, 3:30, 5:30 minutes like it thermal'd. I have steering and the speedo understands my trigger input but won't move, 15-20 seconds later, the truck drives again. (obviously no point at that point.)

After race went into free practice before close, I timed my runs and when it did it, (at 3:34) I ran out and temp'd it.
- Pro 4 4000 - 170*
- MMP ESC - 137*
Not thermal level. This happened again at 5:24 and 4:21 run times. I turned off lipo cut off from a suggestion of a fellow racer, no change. Different batteries do the same thing, no change.
This started all IMMEDIATELY after installing the Exotek chassis and switching to Saddle packs. I have never once had a problem with my MMP's for TWO YEARS.

- Fellow racers blame my MMP and I have ordered a second RX8 to replace the one i'm tearing out of my RC8.2e tonight.

I had that exact same issue with my original sc10 4x4 when I was running a mmp and castle 3800 4pole motor. I would have steering but no throttle, you could have added a castle bec and that would of solved it, but like you I bought an rx8 and pro4 and never had the problem again......
Old 09-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
I had that exact same issue with my original sc10 4x4 when I was running a mmp and castle 3800 4pole motor. I would have steering but no throttle, you could have added a castle bec and that would of solved it, but like you I bought an rx8 and pro4 and never had the problem again......
A Castle BEC is on every one of my ESC's. This happened with it working.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

will the gen ace saddle packs work with this truck.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by btown
will the gen ace saddle packs work with this truck.

Yes they will but they are only 25c, I'd go with a higher c rating than that. Espically for this truck I'd start around 70c and up.

Last edited by tom2tone; 09-16-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

A Castle BEC is on every one of my ESC's. This happened with it working.
I have exactly the same motor/esc/BEC and I posted a couple weeks back about mine doing this same thing.. I changed over to my other mmp/bec and cleaned all of the deans connecters male and female ends. I put the questionable mmp/bec on my sons rock crawler, not sure which action cured my problems but it fixed the brown outs.
I am running gensace 5,300mha 65c stick lipos also just to mention.
Take a close look at the connections for black gue build up, if so clean it off, also check the bullets that plug into the battery, I tear half the fuzz off a q-tip and use simple green then dry out the hole with another q-tip. Just a thought that may help.
Good luck with it.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If using bullets make sure they are the solid ones like castle sells. I had issues with the basket style collapsing on its self and causing me a lot of issues.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Another Race day:

I cannot keep this truck running. I get to the track and my MMP is dead'er than dead. No lights at all. I strip it out and Truck suddenly stops at 3:00, 3:30, 5:30 minutes like it thermal'd. I have steering and the speedo understands my trigger input but won't move, 15-20 seconds later, the truck drives again. (obviously no point at that point.)

- Pro 4 4000 - 170*
- MMP ESC - 137*

- Fellow racers blame my MMP and I have ordered a second RX8 to replace the one i'm tearing out of my RC8.2e tonight. Last week I had this exact same problem, with a seperate MMP. which scares me into not being 100% sure of my problem. I also tried a buddy's batteries and two different sets of my own. (It's not dumping)

did you try a different receiver or even radio setup?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

do you run spektrum? or savox?

same probs, ccbec wouldnt even fix it! probs for a long time drove me crazy.
I dumped spektrum and castle.
no probs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.