Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I only glued the 3 lower chassis parts together. It does twist stiffen the chassis about 30% (if I had to guess a number). Not as stiff as a exo-chassis does though. I liked it and ran it for about 6months that way until I sold it.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default check it

you guys see this contraption?? what do you think? here is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Associated-S...ht_1409wt_1159
Old 08-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

those look like felt slipper pads, lol
-
Old 08-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
those look like felt slipper pads, lol
-
thay are lol
Old 08-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
I did, I'm gone and surely don't miss all the priceless advice.

What's even worse is, he's on the dang b4.1 thread all the time too.

If you want to escape the greatness of "wc", you'll need to ditch AE all together, or at least RCTECH........
You need a b44.1. I don't see him there or the Durango thread. I stop in here to see what's going on and be entertained a little. WC is like crack, you know it's bad for you but can't stop

WC, you do lighten things up that's why I poke my head in here once in a while.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default or check this out!!

rear toe plate

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M2C-Racing-T...ht_1899wt_1159
Old 08-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default pic

or this thing??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YR-Aluminum-...ht_1325wt_1159
Old 08-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

for those that could be interested: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...se-onroad.html
Old 08-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Just picked a ft up and wondering for the guys that have tried both the saddle or reg packs, what seem to handle better all around?
Old 08-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Did someone want to stiffen the chassis?

My alloy plate is great for that.

WC does AE sell CA clue?

I ran the FT VTS slipper with no mods, worked great - happy.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by SC Shaun
I almost want to sell my SC10 4x4 just so I can be in a different forum thread than this guy... Anyone else have that odd desire?
+1k

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
I did, I'm gone and surely don't miss all the priceless advice.

What's even worse is, he's on the dang b4.1 thread all the time too.

If you want to escape the greatness of "wc", you'll need to ditch AE all together, or at least RCTECH........
Yup!

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
Your going to ditch a car because of what someone say's on here?, really? there's all kind's of opinion's on here, take them for what it's worth, I don't agree with everything anyone say's including WC, but allot of what he say's is good advise especially for those new to rc, just my two cents.
It just gets old and 75% of what he says is not correct. I dont post much on here anymore because of him either, completely drained me of my desire to create more parts for this truck. Its one thing to give good or even bad advice but bashing every non AE part is immature at best especially when he has never even tried any of it.

Originally Posted by SCTDan
You need a b44.1. I don't see him there or the Durango thread. I stop in here to see what's going on and be entertained a little. WC is like crack, you know it's bad for you but can't stop

WC, you do lighten things up that's why I poke my head in here once in a while.
More like heroin......
WC you win, are you happy now?
Old 08-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SavageCanadian
Just picked a ft up and wondering for the guys that have tried both the saddle or reg packs, what seem to handle better all around?
Dude have you read any of this thread? Most go with saddles.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

(It just gets old and 75% of what he says is not correct. I dont post much on here anymore because of him either, completely drained me of my desire to create more parts for this truck. Its one thing to give good or even bad advice but bashing every non AE part is immature at best especially when he has never even tried any of it.)

I hate to see any of you give up on this truck, especially you Marcus, letting someone on here discourage you from having fun isn't what this about, like I said take it for what it's worth, he's just drinking the AE cool-aid, allot of it, I still think this truck has allot of potential, this thread is half the reason I bought the thing, I really enjoy reading all of this and all the ideas floating around, I really like the v2 diff and v1 dual stage pistons, the v1 was great and the v2 is even better, I still think the best is yet to come, so what I'm saying is DON'T GIVE UP!, have fun and keep working on it.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RossNZ
Dude have you read any of this thread? Most go with saddles.
Well, I might be keeping my truck. saddles and the chassis brace were upgrades I never did. I know the saddles move the weight up and help the balance. And the chassis stiffener, well stiffen the chassis and help with belt skipping. So before i spend more money on a truck no one wants to buy, lol. What would I really feel or gain on the track with these upgrades? The fast guy at my local track runs a stick pack and the brace. I dont really own saddle packs, so it would be a pain to get that for a truck that is marginally liked by me. I want to make the truck work, but putting another $100 into it does not makes sense. With the upgrade kit and esc these are selling for $150 on ebay. They just dont hold value at all. Quite a few rollers for for $120 or less these days. I know this hobby bleeds funds, but from $300+ to $120 in 3 weeks is pretty harsh.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Well, I might be keeping my truck. saddles and the chassis brace were upgrades I never did. I know the saddles move the weight up and help the balance. And the chassis stiffener, well stiffen the chassis and help with belt skipping. So before i spend more money on a truck no one wants to buy, lol. What would I really feel or gain on the track with these upgrades? The fast guy at my local track runs a stick pack and the brace. I dont really own saddle packs, so it would be a pain to get that for a truck that is marginally liked by me. I want to make the truck work, but putting another $100 into it does not makes sense. With the upgrade kit and esc these are selling for $150 on ebay. They just dont hold value at all. Quite a few rollers for for $120 or less these days. I know this hobby bleeds funds, but from $300+ to $120 in 3 weeks is pretty harsh.
Well I've spent a lot on this truck and done a lot of mods, it feels good now and I hold my own with the other trucks here, I just need driving time with it now, the MIP shock pistons work great, the class seems to be dropping off tho so not doing much more to it, just drive it, the Losi's here seem to be breaking often now, and there's so few trucks running once one or two break the class is canned for the day. I still wish I had bought the Losi a year ago tho, the guys that come on here saying " just bought a FT, what upgrades do I need" IMHO if you looked into what you bought first you would have bought something, else.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.