Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I would love to be a track rat, but..... In order to get solid practice, you really need to groom the track and have it stay that way. So indoor would be best. Show up, sweep the track and put in some quality practice. You probably want to bring your own turn marshell/friend along also. I have a 7 year old I would put to work, lol. But tire ware aside. These indoor concrete clay tracks really put the wear on the car. But maybe soon, I will go down on a Saturday with my kid and run about 10-15 packs and really work on my driving. I am sure it would help me a lot.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

went to the track yesterday to race.. qualified 2nd in the pro4 class.. decided to put the front green springs on the rear because yesterday i had the attitude "i got nothing to lose!" because before i had yellow springs all around.. truck still felt loose in the rear.. set ride correctly with yellow in the front and greens in the rear.. it made the truck push which i liked because i had way too much steering on and off power.. ended up winnning the A main! came down to the last couple laps too..
Old 07-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CraigMBA

What will that prove?
Not much if you don't have any .....
Old 07-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Nice Borack. The greens in the "rear" MADE YOU PUSH? Caps lock. I wonder why stiffer in the rear made you push.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I would love to be a track rat, but..... In order to get solid practice, you really need to groom the track and have it stay that way. So indoor would be best. Show up, sweep the track and put in some quality practice. You probably want to bring your own turn marshell/friend along also. I have a 7 year old I would put to work, lol. But tire ware aside. These indoor concrete clay tracks really put the wear on the car. But maybe soon, I will go down on a Saturday with my kid and run about 10-15 packs and really work on my driving. I am sure it would help me a lot.
my local track (OCRC) tire wear is minimal.. the foam breaks down before the tread is gone! been running the same tires for almost a month now and still have plenty of tread and decent foam.. and the clay is super tacky too! tires are screeching around every corner! cant wait the next couple weeks because they are installing a mister system over the whole track! gonna be on a 30min timer! perfect conditions all day long!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Nice Borack. The greens in the "rear" MADE YOU PUSH? Caps lock. I wonder why stiffer in the rear made you push.
i dont know why either but i like it.. let my buddy drive it after the race and he was trippin.. he wasnt sure if he liked it or hated it.. certain spots he liked if for his preference and certain spots not so much.. but overall i think its better and more consistent with the greens.. my buddy also said maybe try white fronts in the rear... hhmmm
Old 07-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Prophet

/jealous

That sounds very good.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I dont know why you guys give WC a hard time. His information is good if you just filter out the AE fan boy stuff and don't mind being slow and in the way.
I fixed that for you.

If all the local guys are scrubs and you beat them, that means you are the fastest one of them, but you are still a scrub. I seriously doubt Cherry is fast enough to make the A at any well attended SoCal event in sportsman, much less expert. In fairness, I'm pretty sure I can't either.

The tuesday night 2w buggy race at Exeter I ran had four national championship drivers and a grip of regional, series, and track championship wins here in California. The guy who won qualified 4th at the 1990 Norrca Nast in modified truck as a 15 year old privateer. That year I think they had an L main in that class. I was stoked to just make the A against those guys considering how often I get to run these days.

Heck, even Oasis has a national championship in a class that had 85 entries.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Nice, didnt know Oasis had won a national champ. Lol, I wont ever A main a large event. I only went to nationals because it was semi local and some friends were going. It was a fun experience. I should goto the Cactus Classic next year since it is close to me. Work on my buggy skills so I don't embarrass myself too much.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

**Cough**VRCPro**Cough**

Even without the offroad content (which should be available by the end of summer) VRCPro is the best $10/mth I spend. Period.

No tire wear
No broken parts
No track grooming
No hours of operation
No lazy marshalls

I put in 600+ laps this week already, mostly after 11pm, and since January, it has helped me bring my real-world OFFROAD game from a bottom of the B main to a mid-A main. I find I am much more consistent, and much more able to recognize when I am off-line and will check up before I actually crash.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10958158-post56.html
Old 07-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I love VRC pro! I designed and built my own adapter though.
Made me much more consistent. Cant wait for off-road!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Nice, didnt know Oasis had won a national champ. Lol, I wont ever A main a large event. I only went to nationals because it was semi local and some friends were going. It was a fun experience. I should goto the Cactus Classic next year since it is close to me. Work on my buggy skills so I don't embarrass myself too much.
Just go run it and have a good time. If you wind up sixth in the X main and have a good time, so what? The reason I don't run big races anymore is because they require a time commitment that I can't give them just to attend - but you can likely sleep in your own bed if you like at that race.

The only thing certain in this life is sooner or later you will wind up dead. Try to enjoy the time between now and then.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I have the reedy 550 same as wc and it is fast as anything else at my track. Nobody can sneak by on the straight, crept for when I'm usually going slow because I love to bash my truck into the sweeper wall when it's pinned. Hahaha
Old 07-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i will be going to the sc nationals held in Enfield Connecticut. they are expecting about 300 entries.

i was using a fan, the 1410 is a 540 i believe. im gonna do some practice laps today and see what the temps are at 14/62 no fan.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Not much if you don't have any .....
I won the last 12 races that I entered. TQ and 1st place.

I was racing alone....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.