Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

I thought that a spool would lock up your left and right tire. giving the inner and outer wheel in a corner the same cornering speed.

for fast cornering you want you inner wheel not at the same speed as your outer wheel.

how thicker my diff fluids, how harder to steer. so a spool would be like the thickest diff fluid, right?

if im wrong, plz correct me
Old 04-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Legend

in my experience u find more steering thicker you go in ft
Old 04-14-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Running at Awesome tomorrow? I'll be interested in how it runs and what your set up is.
no, I'm going to ECH. Last weekend it ran like crap at Awesome so you don't want my setup lol
Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
A few people have started getting the v2 center diff and have had questions regarding the installation. I have done a little how to installation guide on the RCShox thread. Link below.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10600508-post878.html
That's awesome! Really appreciated!
Old 04-14-2012, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

With the addition of the FT upgrade kit how much difference is there between the Team and the FT truck? I know the shocks are different as well but are they better?

I bought this truck to race on Friday nights at a small outdoor track. It doesn't have any large jumps and I am not interested in running the SC Nats anytime soon. With that said I am puzzled at how many of these upgrades I will actually benefit from. I race 1/8 most of the time at large outdoor tracks and when I am there the SC10 will be at home. Just looking for something to have fun with on Friday nights but I have to admit after driving it last night for the first time it was a hand full to say the least. Very different than anything I am used to with 1/8 nitro or electric buggy. The truck seemed VERY on edge and never planted. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice. I am a SCT newb!!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hlpressley
With the addition of the FT upgrade kit how much difference is there between the Team and the FT truck? I know the shocks are different as well but are they better?

I bought this truck to race on Friday nights at a small outdoor track. It doesn't have any large jumps and I am not interested in running the SC Nats anytime soon. With that said I am puzzled at how many of these upgrades I will actually benefit from. I race 1/8 most of the time at large outdoor tracks and when I am there the SC10 will be at home. Just looking for something to have fun with on Friday nights but I have to admit after driving it last night for the first time it was a hand full to say the least. Very different than anything I am used to with 1/8 nitro or electric buggy. The truck seemed VERY on edge and never planted. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice. I am a SCT newb!!
I don't think the shocks are better from the FT kit, what will make them better are either two stage pistons from rcshox or possibly even MIP's new bypass system..........The only major upgrade necessary IMO if you want to upgrade more to the FT version is the new clutch setup or the center diff from rcshox..........

Are you running swaybars? If so which ones front and rear as well as what springs front and rear?

You can also look into getting the exotek chassis or adding weights to lower the COG as well as balance it out better, as well as by adding inline saddle pack conversion will help also........
Old 04-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Legend

[QUOTE=hlpressley;10601537]With the addition of the FT upgrade kit how much difference is there between the Team and the FT truck? I know the shocks are different as well but are they better?

Great choice for your new ride Pressley.

Team shocks come with a Teflon coating which makes for smoother shock action . Otherwise they are same as the blue standard shocks ...

The new conversion kit provide the latest upgrades from Ae, new V2 slipper performs way better than the old original slipper , the Ae chassis brace is the best bar none .. Both parts offer a big performance increase compared to the original Sc10 4x4 kit....

You may need ft & back sway bar's

Your truck should not be hard or difficult to drive , suggest you review the Team set-ups available on www.rc10.com . Pick the set-up closest to your track conditions..

Also have someone with experience drive your ride and help you...
A big short cut towards gaining speed & mass fun ...

Get to
paint me new body today , got the JConcepts High Flow...

Should get to run it tonight ,. Look out ! Pink on the track soon ..
Old 04-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

Thanks for the help guys. I do have the sway bars installed but will have to check to see which ones they are. As for springs I believe they are blues and yellows? I will double check that as well. I did add some lead to the slots along the side of the chassis (3 oz.) total was all I could fit. It did seem to help but I think it may need more of where that came from.

As of now I do plan to buy the FT upgrade kit and switch over to saddle packs as all of those upgrades seem to make sense to me. The whole belt drive thing has thrown me for a loop. !/8 buggies have shafts and a center diff.

Thanks again for your help guys!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

The best mod so far to my truck was the rcshox center diff and v2 shock pistons!!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:14 PM
n8b
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default FT SADDLE PACK SIZE?

I'm thinking about picking up the Track Power 5400 60c lipo pack or maybe the Turnigy 5100 65c nano-tech packs for my new Factory Team truck. Would the orion 90c be any better? I'll be powering a RX8/PRO4 4000.

Does anyone have these in the FT setup? Is there any height restrictions with the FT saddle setup?

Nate
Old 04-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

I tried fitting some tall saddles to mine this evening and they went under the belt tunnel fine but the battery strap wouldn't do up due to the screws all being to short to hold it down. Solved with longer M3 bolts but the FT ones are to short.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by n8b
I'm thinking about picking up the Track Power 5400 60c lipo pack or maybe the Turnigy 5100 65c nano-tech packs for my new Factory Team truck. Would the orion 90c be any better? I'll be powering a RX8/PRO4 4000.

Does anyone have these in the FT setup? Is there any height restrictions with the FT saddle setup?
R
Nate
ac
the only saddles i would buy right now is the proteck 5300 70c, the gens ace arnt bad either but im pretty sure there too tall for your ft truck, dooooonnnnnoootttt waste your money on the orions, iv swelled two of them so far
Old 04-14-2012, 02:19 PM
n8b
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beachbuggyphil
I tried fitting some tall saddles to mine this evening and they went under the belt tunnel fine but the battery strap wouldn't do up due to the screws all being to short to hold it down. Solved with longer M3 bolts but the FT ones are to short.
Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx
ac
the only saddles i would buy right now is the proteck 5300 70c, the gens ace arnt bad either but im pretty sure there too tall for your ft truck, dooooonnnnnoootttt waste your money on the orions, iv swelled two of them so far
Thanks guys. That's the stuff I'm looking for. Almost pulled the trigger on the orion pacs.

Anyone running the Pro-match saddles with the RX8/4000?
Old 04-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx
ac
I run the Orion 5500 90c saddles, which I run for racing and never had an issue. I've been running them over 4+ months. I also use some Protek 5100 50c saddles for practice. My old Genace got puffy but they lasted me 6 months.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

AE boys are topping the qual boards at the Jconcepts winter nationals in Dallas , TX. Marcus is 10th right now after two rounds, running his Durango I think . Less the one second between 5-10th in qualifying times. Super close racing!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.