Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
isn't the xray using the older platform though??

I'd go with a fresh new 8.2e if I were you.

DE makes a 17mm hex wheel that'll fit for the Sc8.

the rules are kinda loose so I'd do it if I had extra $$. Not sure how good it would work on tight technical tracks though.
Yes and no, xray updates every year and if/ when they actually release this truck,hopefully they base the internals on the xb9, i dont know if u have ever owned anything xray,but their quality is really on another level, btw do we have tight tecknical tracks in florida???

Old 03-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Thats not really the same thing if ya think about it. Over/under means that that end is actually spinning at a different RPM where as slipper drive just means one end has more or less traction, if that makes any sense!

And on the V2 tip, more testing at a higher grip track today. The track was watered on tuesday night so when i got there this morning it was very sticky, I unleashed the truck with all 10 pins and it was super stuck, able to jump into the washboards with ease as well as clear the quads with no probs either, Triples were still hit or miss so i didnt even bother trying since i needed to continue testing. As the day went on the track dryed up,grip faded and the rear started to get squirrely so i pulled 5 pins out and it went back to being stable, in fact i think i could have dropped two more pins and still have enough acceleration. One thing i did notice is that the truck was Faster, I mean ALOT faster down the straight to the point where it was hard to control, the lower the pins the easier it was to control but the 4600 seems like it is too much power again which makes sense.
Just so you know your killing me with these updates...still waiting patiently lol...
Old 03-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Cant wait to hit the track tomorrow!

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1332993151
Old 03-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Geeeeeeezzzz!!! Dont u guys have jobs??
Old 03-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I do, and I have some serious sleep deprivation right now.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry just jealous, got one more day in the coal mine before i get to play
Old 03-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Does anyone have a set up for a lose big 1/8 out door track? Also It seemed like the losis could put down the power more. They also seemed way more torque and were able to clear jumps with alot less effort. I geared up to a 17tooth pinion on my novak 5.5 hv just to keep up. Any Suggestions?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sbrewer
Does anyone have a set up for a lose big 1/8 out door track? Also It seemed like the losis could put down the power more. They also seemed way more torque and were able to clear jumps with alot less effort. I geared up to a 17tooth pinion on my novak 5.5 hv just to keep up. Any Suggestions?
I hate to say this, but the Losi just seems better on the loose big tracks, been getting my butt handed to me on this style track as well, as much as I love this truck, I now wish I bought the Losi, (there I said what i'm sure many are thinking) I feel i'm driving good, truck just does not get the power down, going to try the FT slipper and or the ball diff before I give up tho, but am saving for a new truck.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx
Dam!!! Team ae got their ass handed to them at the cactus race in pro4, wow
According to the qual points, the Ryans didn't even run 4wd SC, I don't even see their names in the listing.

I wonder if AE brought Josh Alton on to design a new SC.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RossNZ
I hate to say this, but the Losi just seems better on the loose big tracks, been getting my butt handed to me on this style track as well, as much as I love this truck, I now wish I bought the Losi, (there I said what i'm sure many are thinking) I feel i'm driving good, truck just does not get the power down, going to try the FT slipper and or the ball diff before I give up tho, but am saving for a new truck.
It does. Having raced a Losi for a whole year, the big outdoor 1/8th scale style tracks that have medium traction and are kind of loose are very tough for the SC10.

Indoor high grip it's a great truck. I'm still running it outdoor and do my best, I generally make the A's, but I'm going from being Top 5 to 'just' making the A driving my ass off.

There's nothing wrong with the SC10, it is a great truck and made way better than the Losi, it's just a platform thing (belt/slipper vs. traditional 3 diff/shaft drive).

The Losi is the right platform, but the AE is a much better made truck. Thinking about AE making a Losi-style truck makes me at how awesome it would be.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The Losi does put the power down for sure..I just got an SC10 to run on an indoor track and a high bite clay track, I'm keeping my SCTE for the big blown out tracks..I am a bit worried over the whole slipper "problem"..not lovin the labor intensive drivetrain either....what motor/speed controllers are you guys running? I'm going to be running saddle packs and was wondering..the largest saddle packs I've seen (that have a high c rating) are 5300's..is this enough to make an 8 minute race? I know with my Losi 6000ma 65c is just enough, any less I'm not makin it to the end of the race..but it is stupid fast..
Old 03-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
It does. Having raced a Losi for a whole year, the big outdoor 1/8th scale style tracks that have medium traction and are kind of loose are very tough for the SC10.

Indoor high grip it's a great truck. I'm still running it outdoor and do my best, I generally make the A's, but I'm going from being Top 5 to 'just' making the A driving my ass off.

There's nothing wrong with the SC10, it is a great truck and made way better than the Losi, it's just a platform thing (belt/slipper vs. traditional 3 diff/shaft drive).

The Losi is the right platform, but the AE is a much better made truck. Thinking about AE making a Losi-style truck makes me at how awesome it would be.
I'm sure indoors the SC10 is great, there is no indoor tracks here tho, wonder when Tower or A main will get the new FT slipper.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

In a few weeks I'll be the only one left running the SC10 4X4 at my track
Old 03-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Pic 1 shows the spacer under the post and i forgot to measure it before I installed it. Now you may notice I installed my saddles the other way and I feel this makes the truck much more stable. But in pic 2&3 you will see the battery mount under the belt tunnel. Plus this is the Gens Ace 4800 pack not the 6000. All I did to fix this issue was to make two new holes in the battery bracket not under the belt tunnel. Now I can mount my 6000's
Now I read some people have issue with this setup because the battery is to far forward. Personally I like it. I also have a local guy(see sig) cutting me some new longer carbon battery brackets that will allow me to slide the battery forward or backwards. Basically the length of the center chassis, using a x style brace to hold the batteries down and foam to make adjustments.Most of all it will work with Gens Ace 6000s. If he gets them cut out I should have the new brackets this Friday for testing.
Originally Posted by Sludge-T
I have the Gens Ace 6000 saddles and in order to use the b44 mounts you need to add a spacer under the post or a longer screw on top. I will post some pics tonight on what I did to get my 6000's installed.
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-imag0160.jpg   SC10 4x4 Thread-imag0157.jpg   SC10 4x4 Thread-imag0158.jpg  

Last edited by Sludge-T; 03-29-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

In a few weeks I'll be the only one left running the SC10 4X4 at my track
I'm already the only one running one locally and more often than not I'm the only one at the big races with an AE. :|

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.