Community
Wiki Posts
Search

transmitter batteries?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default transmitter batteries?

i was wondering if i should switch to rechargeable batteries (lipo packs) for my transmitter. most of them are 11.1V 2200 mAh batteries. regular AA batteries only last me a few days but how long should i expect the lipo batteries to last? im using the stock transmitter/radio that came with my team associated sc10 and it has a little thing at the back to plug in a charging jack.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by azndude3141
i was wondering if i should switch to rechargeable batteries (lipo packs) for my transmitter. most of them are 11.1V 2200 mAh batteries. regular AA batteries only last me a few days but how long should i expect the lipo batteries to last? im using the stock transmitter/radio that came with my team associated sc10 and it has a little thing at the back to plug in a charging jack.
if you race you are going to want to replace that transmitter anyway.. investing in a lipo wouldn't make sense.. put that money towards something better.. since that radio only has 3 leds on it to measure voltage you may run the pack down too far and nuke the lipo..
Old 05-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hobbyking sells a lipo that would fit that just fine. They're out of stock though .

That radio is pretty good for a starter. Just about the only thing I wish it had is the ability to do expo, which will make your steering smoother. As long as you periodically check the voltage and charge it before it goes too low, you'll be fine.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can buy a LiPo and low voltage indicator thing from hobbyking.com. I have bought both and installed them in that AE Radio.

These are the parts you'll need:
3s 1450 mAh LiPo
3S battery monitor
Servo Wire exention

The servo wire extension is used to make a plug for the battery inside the radio.

If you decide to go this route PM me if you want some help or have any questions.

I also did this mode to a Traxxas radio and my Airtronics M8.

Craig
Old 05-07-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dont be in a hurry, i've been waiting for that lipo to come back in stock for about 6 weeks
Old 05-07-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Eneloop AA batteries.2,000 ah and low self discharge.
DON