Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Stormer Hobbies coupon codes? >

Stormer Hobbies coupon codes?

Stormer Hobbies coupon codes?

Old 05-02-2011, 11:01 PM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Stormer Hobbies coupon codes?

Anyone know if stormer has any codes like amain?
NitroXray80809 is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 11:08 PM
  #2  
Tech Adept
 
TheModTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Whooping that Hare!!
Posts: 162
Default

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer View Post
We could do coupons, but then we'd have to jack our prices the appropriate amount to cover the coupon. and then make customers jump through hoops to use and find that information. I don't care for that idea. I'd rather Stormer Hobbies just sharpen the pencil, and post up a good price. No shenanigans, no secret codes. Simply, the exact price.
from his Stormer Hobbies thread
TheModTurtle is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 04:51 PM
  #3  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Bob-Stormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Glasgow, Montana USA
Posts: 3,521
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

^^ what he said ^^

My personal opinion about ordering things online (at this time), when I'm ready to checkout, I see the coupon code box, and I don't have a coupon code... I'm irritated. Clearly, they're willing to deal further, but I don't know how or the secret codes. If you can sell it for less, JUST DO IT, just makes me mad. people like to search for codes though, i suppose it's a secret buried treasure kind of feel. I suspect that some day we'll try it again. but not any time in the next few years.


Bob-Stormer is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 06:37 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
ntrain42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,980
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer View Post
^^ what he said ^^

My personal opinion about ordering things online (at this time), when I'm ready to checkout, I see the coupon code box, and I don't have a coupon code... I'm irritated. Clearly, they're willing to deal further, but I don't know how or the secret codes. If you can sell it for less, JUST DO IT, just makes me mad. people like to search for codes though, i suppose it's a secret buried treasure kind of feel. I suspect that some day we'll try it again. but not any time in the next few years.


So do u price match competitors coupon codes/free shipping policies at least?
ntrain42 is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 06:53 PM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Bob-Stormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Glasgow, Montana USA
Posts: 3,521
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ntrain42 View Post
So do u price match competitors coupon codes/free shipping policies at least?
nope. If you can afford to ship something for Free, you could have sold it for less in the first place. UPS isn't picking up the tab for that shipment that goes out for free. We do however make an effort to match prices for people that call and ask for that sort of thing. Happy to do that.
Bob-Stormer is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 08:41 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
jnslprd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

stormer usally has the best prices and really fast shipping.
jnslprd is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 09:35 PM
  #7  
Tech Master
iTrader: (68)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Duluth,MN
Posts: 1,875
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Local Hobbyshop or Stormers, that's my motto.
G the Menace is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 10:07 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Bob-Stormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Glasgow, Montana USA
Posts: 3,521
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jnslprd View Post
stormer usally has the best prices and really fast shipping.
Originally Posted by G the Menace View Post
Local Hobbyshop or Stormers, that's my motto.
Good moto's. FREE SOUP FOR YOU!
Bob-Stormer is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 11:12 PM
  #9  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (93)
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Agreed. Stormer is one of my regular shopping places. Quick shipping and always cheap prices.
Odin544 is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 05:31 AM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Bob, what's the code for the free soup?
lowroad is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 06:08 AM
  #11  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (56)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 900
Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)
Default

Quite simply, I have never had better online shopping and customer service experiences then from stormer. Not just talking just hobby stuff online shopping, better service then any online shopping period. (and my wife shops ALLOT)

For a while I'd open up multiple tabs, and put carts together at stormer and the two other big guys and see where they all come out bottom line to my door. After a few times stormer was always better, or at least close. Add in the service and support from stormer and its a no brainer. Now the only time my browser strays elsewhere, is when i need something ASAP and stormer is out of stock.
jhhack is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 08:07 AM
  #12  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
ntrain42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,980
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer View Post
nope. If you can afford to ship something for Free, you could have sold it for less in the first place. UPS isn't picking up the tab for that shipment that goes out for free. We do however make an effort to match prices for people that call and ask for that sort of thing. Happy to do that.
Maybe I didnt word it correctly. I'll give an example: Tower Hobbies with $30 "coupon code" sells a Picco .28 pullstart motor for $169 shipped. Regardless of how its spun on the shipping being "free" / integrated into the price(obviously)in some form, the bottomline to my door would be $169. Would that be something that is fully pricematched by you folks?

There are folks who may consider coupon codes etc as gimmicks, but considering that most buyers today are savvy enough to look for em(or as in the case of RCTECH, have a few threads dedicated to em), most people will search em out and look at what the bottomline is for a product being shipped to their door, especially in the state of the economy as it is currently. If one reputable place sells product A for X amount of dollars lower than another, then 9 out of 10 times the online store with the lowest shipped price will get the business. Many/most people don't want to pay a higher price online for what is most of the time just a laydown sale. I believe a reputable online shops biggest asset of what the product costs for the consumer.
ntrain42 is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 08:55 PM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Bob-Stormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Glasgow, Montana USA
Posts: 3,521
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
Bob, what's the code for the free soup?
Found it:
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...art.pl?pn=SOUP

Originally Posted by jhhack View Post
Now the only time my browser strays elsewhere, is when i need something ASAP and stormer is out of stock.
Appreciate that.

Originally Posted by ntrain42 View Post
Maybe I didnt word it correctly. I'll give an example: Tower Hobbies with $30 "coupon code" sells a Picco .28 pullstart motor for $169 shipped. Regardless of how its spun on the shipping being "free" / integrated into the price(obviously)in some form, the bottomline to my door would be $169. Would that be something that is fully pricematched by you folks?
Depends on the item, never hurts to ask, feel free to call us anytime you have something like that. 1-800-ALL-RACE
Bob-Stormer is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 PM
  #14  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (114)
 
blade329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 5,128
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jnslprd View Post
stormer usally has the best prices and really fast shipping.
Absolutely. Their prices are very very good and they ship fast. Customer service is also terrific.
blade329 is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 09:23 PM
  #15  
Tech Master
iTrader: (59)
 
joelwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,857
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer View Post
hahahahahaha
joelwhite is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.