Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW LOSI IN THE WORKS

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It is harder because the trucks are less predictable because of the bodies and wheel base. Now there is probably more competition in your buggy class just because here are more new people racing sc. Bet money if I was to grab a buggy with my setup in my sct my laps times would be faster and more consistent.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Did ThunderbirdJunkie miss anything?

failed to mention you are kin to that guy from becker !
Old 05-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
Stadium truck racing is stupid. ThunderbirdJunkie hates all those hack newbie drivers that just bought a stadium truck because it looks like a monster truck. Those are not race cars. Leave the racing to the buggies.

Gas truck racing is stupid. ThunderbirdJunkie hates all those hack newbie drivers that just bought a gas truck 'cuz it goes WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and they're noisy and crap. Those are not race cars. Leave racing to 2w truck and 2w buggy.

4w buggy is stupid. ThunderbirdJunkie hates all those hack newbie drivers that just bought a 4w buggy because it's 4 wheel drive and easier to drive than a 2w buggy. Those are not race cars. Leave the racing to the 2w buggies.

1/8 buggy is stupid. ThunderbirdJunkie hates all those hack newbie drivers that bought a 1/8 buggy just because the 1/8 scales are rutting up the track too much to drive a gas truck. These are not race cars. Leave the racing to the gas trucks.

Truggy is stupid. ThunderbirdJunkie hates all those hack newbie drivers that bought a truggy just because they're easier to drive and faster than a T-maxx. These are not race cars. Leave the racing to the T-maxxes.

The RC10 is stupid. ThunderbirdJunkie hates all those hack newbie drivers that bought an RC10 because it's faster and better performing than the Sand Scorcher. These are not race cars. Leave the racing to the Sand Scorchers.

Just got a headache reading this...
Old 05-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bpalmer
Get back in your trailer, Bob

And don't forget to charge your Rx pack this time
Old 05-04-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bpalmer

BECKER? damn. There's a show I wish I had not been reminded of.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

SCT is fun to drive depending on what drivers are around!

SCT has put RC back on the right path!

There are tracks in my area that SCT is more a hack fest than a race
(i.e. to make a pass you must PIT maneuver guy in front of you)

There are tracks where SCT drivers drive them more like an open wheel vehicle and have more respect for position
(i.e. if a driver crashes you they wait until your on your wheels to go again)

Each track I figure out which one I am at and follow suit to win!

I personally stopped racing SCT as much b/c of cost's of making a 17.5 go as fast as 10.5

I started in ST back in the 90's! still a great class is you want to race with minimal hacking but be able to put the horse power to the ground!

I am waiting on which class (SCT vs ST) will implement MOD motor rule first locally! This will decide for me which class I choose
Old 05-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thecman26
Seriously? There have actually been several new trucks released in the last few years...

TQ Racing SX10 - march 2011
Electrix - August 2010
Kyosho RT5 - August 2009

Heck even the XXX-T CR came out in 2007
Mmm I'll give you the Kyosho truck but that's it. No one uses a TQ truck out here (never even seen pictures of an Electrix) and the XXX-T CR is like saying AE came out with the 4.1's.. XXX-t MF2 same story :/ I definitely didn't think about the Kyosho truck though, I was only talking really about AE and Losi

Originally Posted by twigman08
I know Super Coupe in real life and I agree with what ya said. But when your local track is really known as a very popular track all around the country to even some pro drivers honestly, then well you get a very busy track day. I don't care what kind of vehicle you drive, if you are getting 15 people (very normal for us) up on the drivers stand on a normal indoor 1/10 size track, then you are going to have some mayhem on the track. That's just a fact. You won't just have racers that you race against all the time you have people of different skill sets plus different vehcicles. Even the practice clock really won't fix that. Cause then you'll have 4wd buggies, Hyper tt's, stock buggy, mod buggy, plus a rustler ever now and then out on the track. You put them all out on the track, that's all different speeds plus different skill sets. Mayhem is going to be caused. It's just a fact when you get a crowded track on a practice day.

And SCT is easier...until your truck decides it doesn't want to get the nose down because it felt like catching a ton of air and kiting that one jump that you've been doing all day. It's so much easier to jump a ST and a buggy.
I go to West Coast RC, home of the recent Reedy International Race, X-Ray Challenge, and a place where it's usual for there to be around 25 people on the stand, stairs, and ramp trying to find space to drive Trust me, I know what you mean But there are definitely ways to avoid it. Scheduling practice, and people taking a minute (really ten minutes) after throwing down some practice laps and turn marshaling so things don't get too terrible

Easier to jump a ST, easier to turn, find a strait line, and bump into other's with a SCT and you can always just double single, if you crash one or two times every 14-15 laps on a jump then you can practice all you want to clear it without crashing or any other types of problems but until you have it down perfectly, I suggest you take the safer 0.2 seconds slower route in a race anyways

Wow, this thread has really branched off, and its partly my fault
Old 05-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vstrok
Just got a headache reading this...
Me too when asked if he missed anything I wish he missed the submit button .
Old 05-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

SCT is virtually non-existent in Europe ( and probably in Japan, not sure though). From the point of view of someone who had never seen a 1:1 SCT before Traxxas made one, and who's been in the hobby for more than 10 years, a stadium truck looks approximately 17 times better than a SCT. ;-) Not to mention the handling...

See attachment. That RS4MT drove me crazy when I first saw the pictures. It just looks plain badass...

It would be pretty cool to see a 22T released...
Attached Thumbnails NEW LOSI IN THE WORKS-mtgoodl.jpg  
Old 05-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by racer53
Wow...okay I think you guys took that the wrong way...Assume i'm giving it in a sarcastic voice...if anything it was supposed to be kinda funny...

Jeez...maybe I need to look into 12th scale on-road...

And to the dude that said sct is harder...well, obviously you haven't tried other classes...

Other than that i'm done arguing here...if stadium truck comes back that would be cool...
We know where you race so honestly it's hard to say the stuff you say because well...we race there also.

I watch the Stock Buggy class. I see just as much hacking and complaining on the drivers stand then in a short course race.

Also don't say we haven't tried the other classes. We've been racing RC cars for quite a while, and they have done buggy, ST, gas truck, you name it they've more than likely ran it. I know Super Coupe still has a XXXT. He ran it, the first time driving a RC car in forever, with brushless power and did just fine with it.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastpineapple
Im waiting for a new 4wd 1/10th buggy from losi hopefully soon
Supposedly they say good things are coming. This new generation of losi/tlr seems to be epic. new 4wd buggy ftw!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

I want to apologize if I offended Super Coupe or Twigman...sometimes I can be pretty hot headed in these forums...So I apologize.

SCT has kept the hobby alive...and can be pretty amusing to watch...So even though I dislike SCT, I have to admit it is an important part of our hobby...

Racer53...
Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Its all in how you look at it. I bet MOST of us felt pretty much the same way the first time we saw the "Slash Class". Things like "Are you freakin serious?" "They look like ugly bulky RTR junk to me" and "why on Earth would anyone want to try and race THAT" all ran through our minds. Well, shortly after; the SC10 emerged... then the Blitz, then a Kyosho, and so on. I don't count the Lash(the Strike, Losi+Slash... Lash) because it was a Cruel Joke by Horizon on us.

Like them or not, they have breathed new life into our hobby. They can be every bit as fun and competitive as any other class. Its all in how you look at it.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Somebody should build a full scale stadium truck complete with 37"x25" tires sticking out 2 feet from the wheel wells. Extra points for late 80's spec spiked rear tires and ribbed fronts. Seriously somebody needs to do this!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Close:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.