Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW LOSI IN THE WORKS

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Super Coupe
Racer53. How do you think sct takes less skill to drive? If anything it's harder. An easy way to avoid a lot of new people on the track to protect your pristine buggy is practice early in the day when nobody is there.
don't bother with him.

He's the same person who said one day "I wish all SC trucks would die" and all that. He just flat out has a hate for SC trucks and SCT drivers for that matter.

I don't give a crap what ANYONE says. The fact of the matter is this: SCT is NOW a race class. This is no longer the beginner class. Their is a reason why all the big manufactures have their top drivers driving SCT. You can't argue that, their is no reason to even try to argue that. It's just a fact.

Castus classic, there was what, 7 classes of stadium trucks PERIOD (stock, mod, and all the variations of stock or w/e). While their was just as many, if not more STOCK 17.5T SCT classes!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I always thought stadium trucks were the bastard redheaded step child of RC. To say SCT are what ST should have been all along I can somewhat agree with. Yet you will not catch me racing them. I started back into this hobby with a 4wd SCT. Then I bought a 2wd buggy and the SCT sat on the shelf until I sold it. For me the truck is not fun to drive compared to a 2wd or 4wd buggy.

One comment I got at the track this weekend. "Wow a buggy, you do not see those much anymore." At the track practice day this past Sunday it was all SCT except for two 4wd 1/10th buggies and two nitro buggies.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So much for staying on topic.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

why does everyone care so much about looking real its hobby just to ment have run and relax
Old 05-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DG Designs
I think it just goes to show what the customers want. So many said they would want a 22T just so they could try and convert it over to a 22SCT
Old 05-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcjoe99
why does everyone care so much about looking real its hobby just to ment have run and relax
Because it appeals to people outside the hobby. That's what we need... MORE PEOPLE.

Back on topic. I hope they do make a 22T, and a 22SCT. The parts are already there... just need a longer chassis. Whether people want to admit it or not, Short Course racing IS racing. Its as much a race class as any other.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by twigman08
I think it just goes to show what the customers want. So many said they would want a 22T just so they could try and convert it over to a 22SCT
ive seen the truck, one of the team drivers was testing it at one of my local tracks
Old 05-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mini-t12
ive seen the truck, one of the team drivers was testing it at one of my local tracks
So... was it an ST or and SCT?
Old 05-03-2011, 09:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
So... was it an ST or and SCT?
It is a ST, its been talked about on 3 other threads, they have been working on it for a while but it may be a while before it is out. I would even consider buying a 22T but not to make a SCT out of it... I have 2 SCT's and they are fun but cant hold a candle to ST in my opinion!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Adept

Like I said before, SCT (and the real thing) are just plain ugly IMO No way getting around it. Yeah, stadium trucks don't look (as) realistic, but they definitely look like way more fun and are fun as heck to drive. This thread rocks because it gives me hope for my favorite class to drive in

Originally Posted by Ridley
I think you are 100% backwards. Most of the people that run just SCT here, are the ones that have ran the other classes and found out that SCT is just plain more fun All of the top drivers here have went to SCT's. I guess it's not fun racing against the same 6 guys every weekend in the other classes ST were always goofy looking frankentrucks. SCT's is what that class should have been from the beginning.

I went from 100% nitro 8th scale rigs to SCT's, and I don't miss the hassle, expense, or attitudes of the class one iota!! YMMV!!
Top drivers went to the other classes because their companies have to make money in ALL the departments that they have a product for Some may like SCT and some may not, its all personal opinion there Oh, and in the past couple weekends I have only seen two of the same guys in my class out of our heat of 8, so luckily I'm not racing the same people. Your statement is kinda wrong though: no matter what they drive, top drivers are always racing against each other... How often is it Dustin Evans, Cavalieri, Mayfield, Tebo, and a few others in the A mains??

Originally Posted by Super Coupe
Racer53. How do you think sct takes less skill to drive? If anything it's harder. An easy way to avoid a lot of new people on the track to protect your pristine buggy is practice early in the day when nobody is there.
Here's a hint for you, you shouldn't 'need' to come earlier in the day to avoid getting run over I think the best way to avoid this kind of stuff is something close to what my local track is doing, 15 minutes 1/10th off-road, 15 minutes SCT, 15 minutes 1/8th, 15 minutes all classes, and you alternate them in whatever order. And, SCT is easier to drive I'm tired of that debate

Originally Posted by DG Designs
we can try all we want but boys will be boys (and girls too, if you are reading ). I really like the idea of a new ST coming out. It has been close to nine years since a new truck came out. And I think the XXXT came out over 10 years ago
Old 05-04-2011, 12:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheModTurtle
It has been close to nine years since a new truck came out. And I think the XXXT came out over 10 years ago
Seriously? There have actually been several new trucks released in the last few years...

TQ Racing SX10 - march 2011
Electrix - August 2010
Kyosho RT5 - August 2009

Heck even the XXX-T CR came out in 2007
Old 05-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TheModTurtle
Here's a hint for you, you shouldn't 'need' to come earlier in the day to avoid getting run over I think the best way to avoid this kind of stuff is something close to what my local track is doing, 15 minutes 1/10th off-road, 15 minutes SCT, 15 minutes 1/8th, 15 minutes all classes, and you alternate them in whatever order. And, SCT is easier to drive I'm tired of that debate
I know Super Coupe in real life and I agree with what ya said. But when your local track is really known as a very popular track all around the country to even some pro drivers honestly, then well you get a very busy track day. I don't care what kind of vehicle you drive, if you are getting 15 people (very normal for us) up on the drivers stand on a normal indoor 1/10 size track, then you are going to have some mayhem on the track. That's just a fact. You won't just have racers that you race against all the time you have people of different skill sets plus different vehcicles. Even the practice clock really won't fix that. Cause then you'll have 4wd buggies, Hyper tt's, stock buggy, mod buggy, plus a rustler ever now and then out on the track. You put them all out on the track, that's all different speeds plus different skill sets. Mayhem is going to be caused. It's just a fact when you get a crowded track on a practice day.

And SCT is easier...until your truck decides it doesn't want to get the nose down because it felt like catching a ton of air and kiting that one jump that you've been doing all day. It's so much easier to jump a ST and a buggy.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twigman08
And SCT is easier...until your truck decides it doesn't want to get the nose down because it felt like catching a ton of air and kiting that one jump that you've been doing all day. It's so much easier to jump a ST and a buggy.
Yeah, I always get a kick watching the SC's not making the triple at our track, or just barely making it. Even in mod SC. It's hard to jump with a big ol'e umbrella on your car.
My 17.5 buggy and truck makes it no sweat.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

I think alot of what class you like depends on the reason you go to the track.

Personally I go to the track to race in a class[2wd stock buggy] where if I mess up once I can kiss a podium finish place away. I go to spend half of my time to get my car dialed, and chase that perfect set-up. I take care of my stuff and clean and rebuild between race days. I'll go and practice just for club racing. I take it as serious as I possibly can. Then...when I finally get out on the track some 8 year old racing his new 2wd slash found out how fun it was to go backwards, and completely creams my pristine buggy...

Some however go to the track to have a good time, they couldn't care how they finish. The want a class that's fun and doesn't take too much skill or time to run. They choose sct.

Most of the hate for sct, is more for the newbs running them than the actual class itself. It's caused a generalization that: all sct sucks...[Check out my signiture] I am sure there are others who take sct racing as seriously as I take buggy racing. It's based on personal reason for being at the track...whether you want a serious class that's hard to run. Or a class where you can throw your truck out, have fun, and not worry about breaking anything...when you slam into my buggyugh...

Whatever happens I hope Stadium Trucks come back some...
Wow...okay I think you guys took that the wrong way...Assume i'm giving it in a sarcastic voice...if anything it was supposed to be kinda funny...

Jeez...maybe I need to look into 12th scale on-road...

And to the dude that said sct is harder...well, obviously you haven't tried other classes...

Other than that i'm done arguing here...if stadium truck comes back that would be cool...
Old 05-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Stadium truck racing is stupid. ThunderbirdJunkie hates all those hack newbie drivers that just bought a stadium truck because it looks like a monster truck. Those are not race cars. Leave the racing to the buggies.

Gas truck racing is stupid. ThunderbirdJunkie hates all those hack newbie drivers that just bought a gas truck 'cuz it goes WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and they're noisy and crap. Those are not race cars. Leave racing to 2w truck and 2w buggy.

4w buggy is stupid. ThunderbirdJunkie hates all those hack newbie drivers that just bought a 4w buggy because it's 4 wheel drive and easier to drive than a 2w buggy. Those are not race cars. Leave the racing to the 2w buggies.

1/8 buggy is stupid. ThunderbirdJunkie hates all those hack newbie drivers that bought a 1/8 buggy just because the 1/8 scales are rutting up the track too much to drive a gas truck. These are not race cars. Leave the racing to the gas trucks.

Truggy is stupid. ThunderbirdJunkie hates all those hack newbie drivers that bought a truggy just because they're easier to drive and faster than a T-maxx. These are not race cars. Leave the racing to the T-maxxes.

The RC10 is stupid. ThunderbirdJunkie hates all those hack newbie drivers that bought an RC10 because it's faster and better performing than the Sand Scorcher. These are not race cars. Leave the racing to the Sand Scorchers.

Did ThunderbirdJunkie miss anything?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.