Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Opinions on 4wd buggies?? >

Opinions on 4wd buggies??

Opinions on 4wd buggies??

Old 05-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default Opinions on 4wd buggies??

Since I traded my b44 today I will be in the market for a new 4wd buggy in the next month or so........ I was wondering what would you recommend is a good one to race on an indoor clay track??

I was thinking about either the newer b44.1, xxx-4, or even the HPI Cyber 10B..... Not really wanting the durango, kyosho, tamiya due to the lack of parts support in my area etc........ So any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated......
Old 05-02-2011, 02:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd go B44.1 or Durango, probably need to order most of the parts for both so that doesn't really matter. At least where I'm at. The regular B44's look dialed from what I've seen, I would have fixed that up and saved some money.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
I was thinking about either the newer b44.1, xxx-4, or even the HPI Cyber 10B..... Not really wanting the durango, kyosho, tamiya due to the lack of parts support in my area etc........ So any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated......
Your list really limits the choices to the two you have listed. I would go with the B44.1. It is a great car for indoor clay and the improvements have made it easier to build and maintain. The XXX-4 just doesn't seem to have as big of a following and many would prefer to run the XX-4 instead. Both are fine cars and very capable however. See what most are running at your track.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Im betting that TLR has a new 4x4 on the drawing board the XXX4 is pretty old and there seems to be a resurgence of 1/10 scale electric stuff with the new 22 and the 22T coming soon...
Probably a ways away so i guess the AE car is the best bet for now.
The Durango looks good but they need really small components to fit in their tiny chassis and really expensive.
I cant imagine that the HPI car is worth looking at but I havent looked at it..
Old 05-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Ruling out the ones you mentioned, I would recommend the 44.1. You'd be more familiar with it's characteristics and have parts/setup support available.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know you did not mention it but the Schumacher SX2 is a great car. The car handles very well and the quality of the car is incredible. A few of my friends that have B44.1s even comment on how stable the car looks compared to their cars. Schumacher has a SX3 on the way so you can find the SX2 for a good deal. Parts do cost a little more(Amain has everything) but again when you see the quality it justifies the extra cost.

I have also sold my B4.1 so I can replace it with the Schumacher Cougar.

Last edited by CR0SS; 05-02-2011 at 08:15 PM.