Wiki Posts
Search

scte or wait for sc10 4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
That's one cool thing about the Losi, while 3-4S might not be legal at the track, it's nice to know if you wanted to the packs will fit in that truck.

I love my Losi, but also looking forward to getting the AE this week (please LHS get them in).

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
So you don't reccomend using the sidewinder esc in a 4x4 on 2s? does it just get too hot or??
Old 05-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Originally Posted by sand viper
So you don't reccomend using the sidewinder esc in a 4x4 on 2s? does it just get too hot or??
In almost all cases, it just cant seem to handle the load. I would think in summer heat the problem just worse.

A best practice combo seems to be a mmp esc with the 4 pole 3800 540 can.

I have a motor coming from ebay, that I plan to try with an mmp i already have.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the mmp doest seem to run well with the long can on a 2s, heat isn't the issue its just slow, if you run it on a 3 or 4s lipo it hauls.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
as it is, 1/8 scale are so overpowered with 4 cells, that i don't think 4-pole motors will have as big an impact, although the advantages would still apply (maybe the norm will be 3 cells instead of 4 when/if 4 poles catch on in 8th scale).
All the tekin t8 and castle 8th scale motors have been 4 pole since they were released. 4 pole is what makes 8th scale electric possible.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:49 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

If you know where to get a Losi now, you can't go wrong as long as you fix the diff pins immediately out of the box. Everything else with the Losi is solid. It is virtually an 1/8 buggy (since it is a Losi 810) turned short course. It runs great on smaller tighter tracks, but I think it really shines on larger outdoor tracks.

Parts are slowly becoming available for the Losi, so that's good.

I saw the SC10 4x4 driven by some insanely good drivers and team drivers at WCRC not too long ago and it looked really good, but I don't think any better or worse than the Losi. The real plus the Associated has going for it is if you need to run on 2s and 550 sensored motors, the Associated will be easier to set up and will probably give you more run time since it will weigh in at about 1/2 pound lighter than the SCTE. But who knows what growing pains the SC10 4x4 will go through.

I'm impatient like you, and I love to make impulse buys But if I had some patience, I would wait a month or two because by then we will know which car is performing better in the hands of an average driver.