Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
is vorza flux a good car to start with? >

is vorza flux a good car to start with?

is vorza flux a good car to start with?

Old 04-30-2011, 02:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default is vorza flux a good car to start with?

hey... im new to this forum! actually to the whole rc thing..lol
i want to buy a rc car...can any1 pls help me with it?
what things should i keep in mind if im buying an electric off road rc car?
and also pls tell me if vorza flux is a good choice! im unable to find what is its top speed.. and what more gadgets can i assemble in it to increase its speed 70mph+ ??
thnx..
Old 04-30-2011, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ishan.rider
hey... im new to this forum! actually to the whole rc thing..lol
i want to buy a rc car...can any1 pls help me with it?
what things should i keep in mind if im buying an electric off road rc car?
and also pls tell me if vorza flux is a good choice! im unable to find what is its top speed.. and what more gadgets can i assemble in it to increase its speed 70mph+ ??
thnx..
If money is no object then I say go for it, the vorza is a great rc for bashing and can hang on the track as well.... However you may be in a little bit over your head seeing as how your new to rc's and the vorza might be to much to handle for a beginner, but its your choice......... As for as the speed its all in the gearing setup and batteries you use.......
Old 04-30-2011, 03:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Get the vorza! I have it and I still love it.. I like it more than my E Revo Brushless Edition. Vorza is great on the track also great to bash. It's also powered by Castle Creation. It has big bore shocks and a thick chassis. It's built like a tank. The only thing I changed.... 2.4 radio, 112mm shocks and rear tower, 17t pinion with stock spur, 55wt rear shock oil (left fronts alone). It also comes with a good servo. There's more options on the vorza forum. Ask any questions on the Vorza forum they'll be happy to help you. Also YouTube it and you'll see how the Vorza performs. It's like HPI named it after the Forza. Also bashing I run 2, 3s 30c blue lipos for track I use 2, 4s Turnigy 40c.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

well get it, but take it easy. id recommend a sc10, or some other 2wd vehicle thats easyer to work on so you can learn the ropes. that and you might kill someone with all that aluminum
Old 04-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Initiate

first off it depends on what you want to do. If you just want to bash then have fun. If you want to race (and if you ask me there really isn't anything more fun that that) then you will want to go down to your local track and see what classes the guys run down there. Its a lot easier to get a truck that other people are running. If they are running short course trucks then get one of those.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeffrocks626
Get the vorza! I have it and I still love it.. I like it more than my E Revo Brushless Edition. Vorza is great on the track also great to bash. It's also powered by Castle Creation. It has big bore shocks and a thick chassis. It's built like a tank. The only thing I changed.... 2.4 radio, 112mm shocks and rear tower, 17t pinion with stock spur, 55wt rear shock oil (left fronts alone). It also comes with a good servo. There's more options on the vorza forum. Ask any questions on the Vorza forum they'll be happy to help you. Also YouTube it and you'll see how the Vorza performs. It's like HPI named it after the Forza. Also bashing I run 2, 3s 30c blue lipos for track I use 2, 4s Turnigy 40c.
+1 the vorza rocks, just take it easy and learn by going slow. dont get it and drop in a 6s and 21 tooth pinion and try to go 75 like they say in the ad! its very durable, but an 8 lb car going 50mph out of control can kill someone. i dont mean to be overly dramatic, but get it and have safe fun with it. plus if you break it right after you buy it, thats not very fun either!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The title says is a vorza good to start with. YES!! you don't have to upgrade it, it's built like a tank. It looks great compared to those ugly shortcoarse plastic trucks. The vorza is a great racer and basher and also Powered by the World Famous CC Creations. The vorza is the D8's cousin it's like a E Version of it and the parts are cheap and abundant (especially eBay). Like you stated you are a beginner and the vorza can use up to 4s or 6s. Use 4s and when u get better switch to 6s. Stock gearing is also good. Like I said YouTube it and hopefully that will make up your mind. You would also like to see videos on how it performs.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

+1 On going with a 2wd SC truck as a first RC. That's what I did. I went with a 2wd Slash and learned a lot with it. Now I'm in the process of building a Tekno converted MBX5T

Honestly if I would've gotten a Vorza or something along those lines, I probably would've been overwhelmed.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Def. Not a good car to start with for a beginner , like some are saying , start with a 2wd , learn and work your way up. Yes the vorZa is a good tough car. But if your just starting out go with something cheaper until you learn a bit. Breaking into 1/8 scale diff's can be difficult at first, also having an expensive brushless system going up in flames can be a problem. I'd learn on something smaller and less expensive , then go with a vorZa.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

I would say start with the car you like the most. If you like the car, you'll drive a lot and learn. A 2WD would teach you the basics but if you don't like 2WD cars you won't drive it.

I went the other way: e-revo brushless to 1/8 E-buggies to 1/10 4x2 and now I'm thinking of getting an even smaller one just for the fun, so you see there's no rule. Just have fun and choose what you like the most, there are plenty of great rc cars.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

you can bash with the vorza, you can race with the vorza plus you can race with the best with the tekno upgraded chassis. you can do all of this without upgrades. you can tune down the speed control until you get used to it. its a matter of whether you want to buy something then pay more to upgrade it into what you want later or buy it now and get used to what you will drive in the future.