Wiki Posts
Search

What going on at Proline

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default What going on at Proline

I have had a hard time getting a decent product from them lately, its like hit or miss. The last couple of sets of tires Ive gotten from them have been horrible. They replaced them with no problem but now I have to use tires that I dont work to great at the track im racing at. I dont even want to talk about the foams. I like Proline but I dont know how much more I can take.

What going on at Proline-dscf0249.jpg

What going on at Proline-dscf0252.jpg
Old 04-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I've had tires from JC and Panther with similar irregularities around the bead and they glued up fine. Unless you have an issue with them seating into the wheel I would glue them up and forget about it. Really shouldn't be a problem for ya.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
I've had tires from JC and Panther with similar irregularities around the bead and they glued up fine. Unless you have an issue with them seating into the wheel I would glue them up and forget about it. Really shouldn't be a problem for ya.
Yeah there is a problem with it seating, the pics dont really show how warped it is. If it would seat I wouldnt complain, Ive had some that wasnt as bad but these and the ones I had before, forget about it.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have not heard too much bad about the proline foams. I curious as to which foams you think set the standard for all other foams? I also have not had the best experience with Proline latley I have sent them a few emails about issues I was having and couldn't even get a response. I'm very new to the hobby and going on my first impressions I bought all proline items; wheels, tires, bodies, foams. I have spent a few hundred dollars in 6 month's with them and don't feel that great about it. Uneven tire wear, premature tire wear, and a few other small things. All I did was ask them if the problems I was having wear due to product quality or user error, and how I could get better results from there products. I couldn't even get a response. I have since bought some jconcepts, and some HB beams, DE wheels,HPI foams. I have not had any issues with those products yet. I guess I just wanted a little help as I was starting out and didn't know everything but they couldn't be bothered to help me. I'm sure people will say it's not their problem I was having issues or something, but I give my business to those who earn it. Those who go above and beyond what they have to. I am a super loyal customer and go way out of my way to give my business to those who earn it. I drive 20 mins to the hobby shop I like, and there's 2 others that are closer, but they don't give me the help and friendly attitudes that I think I deserve as a customer. I shop eat and buy items from people who have not burnt me. Burn me once shame on you burn me twice same on me. I give most places more than enough chances to keep me as a customer. Even if I don't get what I want I will still be their customer. If they keep screwing the same thing up I will never return, EVER. That's just how I do it. Treat me decent and have a customer who spreads his satisfaction to anyone who will listen,( word of mouth advertising is proven to be the most effective) and will be a customer for life. Sorry if I rambled on. I'm not "done with Proline, but I would have really liked to have had a better experience thus far.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was also pretty disappointed with the Proline Holeshots that came with my rc8be. There was a bunch of extra rubber I had to trim off and also the same type of blemish you posted pictures of. I glued them up anyway since I knew I would have a hard time getting a replacement for a tire included in a kit. I guess its probably not that big a deal but it was enough to make my decision to stick with just AKA tires a little easier. The quality of AKA tires is certainly worth the extra cost.

Its a shame though because I really want to try a set of truggy Revolvers too but I just dont know if I am gonna pull the trigger on them after this most recent experience.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its all about the JConcepts Barcodes!!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I had the same problem with my Holeshots, I just trimmed off some more rubber and they seated fine. It seems like there is always some trimming of tires no matter which brand they are.
I have had problems with Novak, Associated, and Hitec before and called them. They all resolved the problem easily.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Willing to help.

koopesv,
Pro-Line is always striving to assure that you are 100% satisfied with your products. It is important for us to hear your feedback directly in order for us to meet and exceed your expectations in any way possible. I'm very sorry to hear that you have had some difficulty with your recent purchase. We do warranty under any type of manufacturing defects. It is important for us to receive any and all correspondence directly so we can review your issue and come to a conclusion to get you back on the track.

SCTRacerX I'm sorry you didn't get a response to your inquiry as this is not our policy.

If you both would like to e-mail me directly you are more than welcome to at [email protected] and I will work with you to make sure your issue(s) are resolved in a timely manner.

We look forward to working with you both to assure your complete satisfaction with our products and service.

Thank you
Jessica Kelishes
Pro-Line Customer Service and Promotions
Old 05-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jcook
koopesv,
Pro-Line is always striving to assure that you are 100% satisfied with your products. It is important for us to hear your feedback directly in order for us to meet and exceed your expectations in any way possible. I'm very sorry to hear that you have had some difficulty with your recent purchase. We do warranty under any type of manufacturing defects. It is important for us to receive any and all correspondence directly so we can review your issue and come to a conclusion to get you back on the track.

SCTRacerX I'm sorry you didn't get a response to your inquiry as this is not our policy.

If you both would like to e-mail me directly you are more than welcome to at [email protected] and I will work with you to make sure your issue(s) are resolved in a timely manner.

We look forward to working with you both to assure your complete satisfaction with our products and service.

Thank you
Jessica Kelishes
There you have it. The number to the Bat phone (or email)
Old 05-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blitz530
Its all about the JConcepts Barcodes!!
Nothing against Jconcepts but since they changed there tire compound they wear out twice is fast compared to old Barcodes.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

agreed^^^ i can get 3 runs out of my holeshots as to 1 run from jconcepts.they make some dope tires though
Old 05-10-2011, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
Nothing against Jconcepts but since they changed there tire compound they wear out twice is fast compared to old Barcodes.
very true..i noticed that also. But the tires work magic!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by jcook
koopesv,

Thank you
Jessica Kelishes
Now THAT's customer service.