Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
need help with choosing a new charger... >

need help with choosing a new charger...

need help with choosing a new charger...

Old 04-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? need help with choosing a new charger...

hello all..

im running 10th scale 4wd SC Class limited to 2 cells and 5000mah

Im currently using a venom pro charger to charge my 2 cell lipos (7.4v 5000mah) charge:1C(5.0A) discharge:60c(300A)
it takes 60+ minutes to charge.

it looks to me that the rate im charging is max for this battery. i have seen charge rates at 2c and 3c but rarely, and I havent seen any of these 2 and 3c in 5000mah range which is max for my track.

should i invest in batteries that have a better charge rating and a charger that can charge at more than 5A?

can i charge a 1c rated battery higher than 5A?

because regardless, i need another charger or one of those quad chargers which will do what my venom does to 4 batteries at a time. I have already invested in 3 1c charge rated battery packs and looking to cut down my hour long wait as much as possible...thanks
Old 04-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like the Hyperion Duo chargers myself, they have a store feature that stores the battery around 60% so charging takes less time. I always charge the 5000's at 6amps. I have a bunch of Hyperion batteries with the 5c charge rate, I charge those at 10amps each, 2 at a time. Get a good power supply, it would probably help your current charger in the last 3/4 of the charge.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
I like the Hyperion Duo chargers myself, they have a store feature that stores the battery around 60% so charging takes less time. I always charge the 5000's at 6amps. I have a bunch of Hyperion batteries with the 5c charge rate, I charge those at 10amps each, 2 at a time. Get a good power supply, it would probably help your current charger in the last 3/4 of the charge.
Thanks for the reply . All tho i'm still no closer to solving my issue other then to say I am now looking for higher C rated batteries.

thanks just the same for your time and help