Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
my idea for loctite >

my idea for loctite

my idea for loctite

Old 04-15-2011, 10:38 AM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
bigben1165's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: grand rapids, michigan
Posts: 3,068
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default my idea for loctite

if you get tattoos, ask your artist if you can have some of their little ink cups. i glue them to my work bench and fill them with loctite. you can keep refilling them and it wont cure because it anaerobic.

using it out of a tube i always spill so much its a waste!
my idea for loctite-cups.jpg
bigben1165 is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 02:17 PM
  #2  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Riverside,CA
Posts: 633
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

quickstix loctite comes in a like chapstick setup very easy to use and no waste just a FYI!~

youbleed is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 03:35 PM
  #3  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Crawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: I'm an A**HOLE!
Posts: 1,828
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I just use clear fingernail polish from the .99 cent store.
Crawler is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 04:30 PM
  #4  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
SS LS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by youbleed View Post
quickstix loctite comes in a like chapstick setup very easy to use and no waste.
+1 I have been using the same tube for 5+ years and its a lot cheaper than getting a tattoo!
SS LS1 is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 04:42 PM
  #5  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (25)
 
losi_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by youbleed View Post
quickstix loctite comes in a like chapstick setup very easy to use and no waste just a FYI!~

Originally Posted by SS LS1 View Post
+1 I have been using the same tube for 5+ years and its a lot cheaper than getting a tattoo!
but it also takes more to do the same at the liquid from my exp.
losi_racer is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 04:43 PM
  #6  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,342
Default

Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
I just use clear fingernail polish from the .99 cent store.
That's a little more personal info than we needed...

Just saying....
Dave H is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 06:57 PM
  #7  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
bigben1165's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: grand rapids, michigan
Posts: 3,068
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
That's a little more personal info than we needed...

Just saying....
whats the nail polish for??
bigben1165 is offline  
Old 04-16-2011, 05:16 AM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

if you didn't have giant gorilla hands the size of baseball mitts you could easily just hold a small bottle of loctite and just let a drip come out. No waste!
lowroad is offline  
Old 04-16-2011, 06:58 AM
  #9  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
bigben1165's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: grand rapids, michigan
Posts: 3,068
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
if you didn't have giant gorilla hands the size of baseball mitts you could easily just hold a small bottle of loctite and just let a drip come out. No waste!
yeah well, genetics are a bitch! i cant help that im half gorilla.
bigben1165 is offline  
Old 04-16-2011, 07:28 AM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

lowroad is offline  
Old 04-16-2011, 09:03 AM
  #11  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
bigben1165's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: grand rapids, michigan
Posts: 3,068
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

i blame my parents. plus i like my ink cup loctite idea, ive spent 120 hours getting tattooed, my artist owes me something!

my idea for loctite-0_new_back.jpg
bigben1165 is offline  
Old 04-16-2011, 10:08 AM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (118)
 
Justpassedu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NewYork NY
Posts: 4,275
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigben1165 View Post
if you get tattoos, ask your artist if you can have some of their little ink cups. i glue them to my work bench and fill them with loctite. you can keep refilling them and it wont cure because it anaerobic.

using it out of a tube i always spill so much its a waste!
Attachment 738559
bigben you should send that tip into like rc car action magazine , i bet it would make it into the tips and tricks section of the magazine and they will send you something for free...
Justpassedu is offline  
Old 04-16-2011, 11:03 AM
  #13  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 72
Default

Originally Posted by bigben1165 View Post
i blame my parents. plus i like my ink cup loctite idea, ive spent 120 hours getting tattooed, my artist owes me something!

Attachment 738918
like the tat I couldnt have that to much
hair back their wouldnt see it.
J Blaze is offline  
Old 04-16-2011, 12:56 PM
  #14  
Tech Master
 
racer53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: TEXAS[best state around]
Posts: 1,587
Default

i blame my parents. plus i like my ink cup loctite idea, ive spent 120 hours getting tattooed, my artist owes me something!
It's pretty cool, but tatoos are too expensive for me...
racer53 is offline  
Old 04-16-2011, 12:57 PM
  #15  
Tech Master
 
racer53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: TEXAS[best state around]
Posts: 1,587
Default

quickstix loctite comes in a like chapstick setup very easy to use and no waste just a FYI!~
That's pretty cool,I have never seen it before...i'll have to look for it next time i'm at Lowe's.
racer53 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.