New brand question

Old 09-18-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

I said things OUT of line & out of context & I do sincerely apologize. NOT the way I want to represent MY team & Team Drivers.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

So,
I am new to offroad racing , what should i get form the two of the above, I do not want to waste my money. So, I would like to know if i am going to waste my money on caster cause its a bit cheaper than the losi.?I will not race at first I will just drive for fun at the local track, i will afterwards when I get good race.I only have funds to buy the caster right now should i buy it or wait till i get the money for the losi?

Thanks
Luke
Old 03-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

both cars are good but I really like my caster

Last edited by bring it on; 03-24-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 197 (100%+)
Talking bRAND wHORE

If its not a Losi... I dont even look at it... thats how I roll... sorry if you dont like! I stick with a brand I like and never look back.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I drive a losi SCTE because I tried all the major brands and I am fastest with it. But if anyone comes out with one that is just as fast without the drive train reliability issues, I'd jump ship in a heart beat. I also race a Mugen MBX6 eco because it's fast, easy to drive, and has been bomb proof. We don't have any local hobby shops so I am not tied to whatever brand is sold locally, and all my parts have to come from online shops. As far as Caster specifically, I have never even seen one in person, much less driven one. If I get the chance, and it's better than what I currently drive I'd give it a shot. I'm hopeful their SC truck is based around solid 1/8 buggy drive train components. If it is, I'll give it some serious consideration after the early adopters have a chance to find the weak points.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
I drive a losi SCTE because I tried all the major brands and I am fastest with it. But if anyone comes out with one that is just as fast without the drive train reliability issues, I'd jump ship in a heart beat. I also race a Mugen MBX6 eco because it's fast, easy to drive, and has been bomb proof. We don't have any local hobby shops so I am not tied to whatever brand is sold locally, and all my parts have to come from online shops. As far as Caster specifically, I have never even seen one in person, much less driven one. If I get the chance, and it's better than what I currently drive I'd give it a shot. I'm hopeful their SC truck is based around solid 1/8 buggy drive train components. If it is, I'll give it some serious consideration after the early adopters have a chance to find the weak points.
Truthfully, I have driven a Mugen (never owned though), and I kept my Caster for a reason. It is just better than the MBX6, even if it doesnt come with all the cool looking carbon pieces. We hopefully will be refining the car a bit soon (there is a thread about it on the Caster Forums), just to make it that much better.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I've never owned a Caster but I give them props for coming on a public forum and facing everyone's opinion. I'm not saying I wouldn't own one but right now I have all I need which is mostly Losi and some Ofna stuff too. I feel that if their stuff is better than before they should try to make that known. Also advertise, advertise, advertise. You don't see much Caster talk around other than on these forums. Put some ads in mags and so on. We all know Traxxas makes the biggest pieces of shit out there but what they are better than everyone else at is promoting their products. Traxxas sells like crazy due to their advertising. When I watch motosports on TV like SC, MX, etc. 60% of the total commercials are Traxxas, about 10% are AE, and the rest is everything from beer to deoderant. I've owned most brands and everything from 1/10 to 1/5. Some stuff is great and some sucks balls. I think Caster is headed in the right direction and I'd be honored to be part of their race program as I'm a top level driver but we have since lost our track so I only have my private track. I'm sure they will only get better as time goes on.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cody01 View Post
I've never owned a Caster but I give them props for coming on a public forum and facing everyone's opinion. I'm not saying I wouldn't own one but right now I have all I need which is mostly Losi and some Ofna stuff too. I feel that if their stuff is better than before they should try to make that known. Also advertise, advertise, advertise. You don't see much Caster talk around other than on these forums. Put some ads in mags and so on. We all know Traxxas makes the biggest pieces of shit out there but what they are better than everyone else at is promoting their products. Traxxas sells like crazy due to their advertising. When I watch motosports on TV like SC, MX, etc. 60% of the total commercials are Traxxas, about 10% are AE, and the rest is everything from beer to deoderant. I've owned most brands and everything from 1/10 to 1/5. Some stuff is great and some sucks balls. I think Caster is headed in the right direction and I'd be honored to be part of their race program as I'm a top level driver but we have since lost our track so I only have my private track. I'm sure they will only get better as time goes on.
Thank you sir for that. As a team driver I try to push Caster to limit as much as I can
We could use a few more top level drivers. If you would like to help us out, please pm ballasted, or just email caster USA. We have the great car, we have some great drivers, we just need to get caster out there in the races.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aradaiel View Post
Why wouldn't I buy caster? Parts support, poor history and lack of 1/10th.

The only caster car I'd consider running is the 1/10th 4x4 and it seemed to have tons of issues, plus I'd need to order parts online. I have no one to ask questions, borrow parts or share setups and such with.

Why did I buy Durango? The quality and engineering amazed me. The lack of customer support almost lost me, there's a reason or two why I'm not running a desc410. I love the DEX, That's the only reason I kept it. There is only one other guy running one at my track, and he works for HRP. All the other guys sold theirs due to issues and lack of support.

As for parts, I'm local to HRP so I can get parts same or next day locally.

Why don't I have a TLR22 yet? I'm waiting for parts supply. I'll probably keep my b4 though. I own tons of Horzon branded stuff, Helis and planes and such, they've taken super good care of me and I'm a customer for life.

Why do I currently run associated? Parts supply and most folks run them so help, setup and parts aren't an issue. I've never had an issue with anything associated, so I've never needed customer support
Preach it brother!! Amen

I couldn't have said I any better myself. Golf clap for you, sir.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I can say caster has improved bigtime from their bad years for sure,everytime i went to a race the team drivers would be setup working on there cars and fixing all the time so they simply switched brands and havent ran since thier bad batch of cars,NOW im racing and they said not to buy caster as the they were team drivers and the cars had alot of issues but i looked at the main sheets and they werent so impressive and that does effect their personal opinion on the car.SO i bought one a caster ex1.5r shortly after i sold my ae rc8be and i can say this car is THE BEST car i have driven so far,The only buggies i have not driven are the serpent and the team c and the durango so i cant comment on their handling characteristics.The car simply drives drives better than the other cars i have driven such as the mugen mbx6 eco,ofna hyper 9e,ae rc8be,ae rc8e,losi 8ight-e & 2.0,all of which i owned and driven previously.I was actually going to buy a serpent 811e for 475$ but i deliberately chose to drop the cash on the caster and im glad i did because it again to me is the best car i have driven and it gives the tracks some variety.Alot of the guys that said caster sucks to me i told them to simply drive my car and see what they thought(the new car) and once they driven it on the track they were totally impressed on the complete turn around caster has done,No one believed me until i gave them my controller but if thats the way it has to be to get casters bad rep up than i guess everybody and their mom will drive my caster e-buggy because im not to worried about them breaking this tankSo at the end of the day i can say im proud to own a caster ex1.5r and proud to be a team driver for caster racing and will continue to be.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
I can say caster has improved bigtime from their bad years for sure,everytime i went to a race the team drivers would be setup working on there cars and fixing all the time so they simply switched brands and havent ran since thier bad batch of cars,NOW im racing and they said not to buy caster as the they were team drivers and the cars had alot of issues but i looked at the main sheets and they werent so impressive and that does effect their personal opinion on the car.SO i bought one a caster ex1.5r shortly after i sold my ae rc8be and i can say this car is THE BEST car i have driven so far,The only buggies i have not driven are the serpent and the team c and the durango so i cant comment on their handling characteristics.The car simply drives drives better than the other cars i have driven such as the mugen mbx6 eco,ofna hyper 9e,ae rc8be,ae rc8e,losi 8ight-e & 2.0,all of which i owned and driven previously.I was actually going to buy a serpent 811e for 475$ but i deliberately chose to drop the cash on the caster and im glad i did because it again to me is the best car i have driven and it gives the tracks some variety.Alot of the guys that said caster sucks to me i told them to simply drive my car and see what they thought(the new car) and once they driven it on the track they were totally impressed on the complete turn around caster has done,No one believed me until i gave them my controller but if thats the way it has to be to get casters bad rep up than i guess everybody and their mom will drive my caster e-buggy because im not to worried about them breaking this tankSo at the end of the day i can say im proud to own a caster ex1.5r and proud to be a team driver for caster racing and will continue to be.
Amen brother, preach it But seriously, I do completely agree with you. I guess car rentals are next...
Old 04-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default CASTER?? is this a westcoast thing?

i dont buy caster because it doesnt put any drivers over here on by me in the midwest

i buy losi because everyone that i run with runs them and there great performing cars

i buy caster if there products if they were easier to buy and they have a better rep. by me. i never see them at the track so i dont know how they perform

sc 4x4

easy to clean and work on, easy to get parts for, easy to get tuned and set-up
Old 04-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by biggerc View Post
i dont buy caster because it doesnt put any drivers over here on by me in the midwest

i buy losi because everyone that i run with runs them and there great performing cars

i buy caster if there products if they were easier to buy and they have a better rep. by me. i never see them at the track so i dont know how they perform

sc 4x4

easy to clean and work on, easy to get parts for, easy to get tuned and set-up
There are actually a ton of drivers in the Midwest, we need more in the west coast. Where do you live?
Old 04-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here's my opinion. It seems tremendously hard for a new rc manufacturer to cater to both the race and rtr market. Losi and ae seem to have done it successfully , but over a large time period. It might be easier to just start with the race market before offering rtr lines. Establish a race name and then offer rtr models.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

im in michigan and personally nver seen a caster at any of the tracks ive been too

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service