Wiki Posts
Search

X-Factory X-7 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bzb
hobby car shop is located in belgium, but it close enoufh to holland

or did you mean: http://www.holland-rcracing.ch/ ?

they are located in switzerland, dont ask me why they use the name Holland rc racing?? kinda funny tho

the x7 looks already very promising!
Its a clubmate, Holland is his familiyname
Old 03-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

will the kit come with A.E. shocks?....
Old 03-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

We are not certain at this time. The protos all will be AE V2s, because that's what we have on the full X - 6 Sq Kit, we've got them in stock, and at a decent price for volume purchase.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Any updates or pictures?
Old 04-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KostaG
Any updates or pictures?
Probably won't be for a little while. Working on revisions and testing.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
cant wait to see what the finished product looks like . good work guys. throw some big bores on that car for the production one . that would be sweet!
Throw in some Kyosho Big Bores and I may have to switch from my ZX-5 FS2 (just kidding). Car does look good though, but the AE shocks have to go bye bye quick.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Are you willing to pay, say $40 more?????
Old 04-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
Are you willing to pay, say $40 more?????
$40 more now beats $150 later
Old 04-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gsrman4885
$40 more now beats $150 later
very true on that

Congrats on getting the Prototype rolling on its own I know both you Chazz and Paul have been working hard on this thing since the DC of the X-5 (a great buggy conversion on its own)

is it running Metric or are you guys sticking with Standard hardware?
Old 04-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcman182006
is it running Metric or are you guys sticking with Standard hardware?
The proto is standard
Old 04-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

We are citizens of the United States. U.S. hardware purchased from a U.S. supplier. (I think the bolts are actually made in Taiwan, which is different from China.) Plastic molds made in the U.S. and parts then produced in the U.S. CF sheets made in the U.S. and cut by a U.S. machine shop.

There is a big American flag prominently displayed in our shop with a certificate showing that the flag flew on a combat mission over Baghdad. Thanks to Family member Kory Ferguson, the USAF tail gunner.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Initiate

The X7 was a fun car to work on, extremely easy. As for the brittle front A arms, we used Losi XX4 arms, spindles and carriers. So most of the parts that broke were production Losi parts, not anything hand made. The only hand made part that broke was a front shock tower that didn't mesh well with a metal fence!
The car drove well, but needs some refinements. The push you guys see in the video was when the steering rack screw backed out, giving us about 40% throw to either side, not ideal! I think this car and the fresh ideas it has will spark the 4x4 market again, and will mos tlikely have a few parts copied by other companies. The ideas are that good. IF anyone has any questions, let me know and I'll answer them, if I can.

Clayton Easley
Old 04-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
We are citizens of the United States. U.S. hardware purchased from a U.S. supplier. (I think the bolts are actually made in Taiwan, which is different from China.) Plastic molds made in the U.S. and parts then produced in the U.S. CF sheets made in the U.S. and cut by a U.S. machine shop.

There is a big American flag prominently displayed in our shop with a certificate showing that the flag flew on a combat mission over Baghdad. Thanks to Family member Kory Ferguson, the USAF tail gunner.
I'm glad to here you might pay more for a mold made in the US but working in injection mold designe you get a better mold by far (my company I work for has all are molds made at a shop in china and let me tell you they are crap) keep up the good work can't wait and going to order a x6 kit now I haven't tried your car yet but will now
Old 04-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The quality of the XFactory molds are much better now than they use to be. I will always pay a little more for quality!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by ClaytonE
The X7 was a fun car to work on, extremely easy. As for the brittle front A arms, we used Losi XX4 arms, spindles and carriers. So most of the parts that broke were production Losi parts, not anything hand made. The only hand made part that broke was a front shock tower that didn't mesh well with a metal fence!
The car drove well, but needs some refinements. The push you guys see in the video was when the steering rack screw backed out, giving us about 40% throw to either side, not ideal! I think this car and the fresh ideas it has will spark the 4x4 market again, and will mos tlikely have a few parts copied by other companies. The ideas are that good. IF anyone has any questions, let me know and I'll answer them, if I can.

Clayton Easley
While you guys are still developing, I believe the schumacher cat sx arms can be used in place of the xx4 arms, I've seen guys do it in other forums with little to no modding.. Now this may be different with the setup of the x7 but worth a shot, plus they are way way stronger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.