Search

Thankyou ProLine (for nothing), SC Cell Foam insert changes

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Angry Thankyou ProLine (for nothing), SC Cell Foam insert changes

Just a heads up,
If you like a firmer insert like the #6115-05 it just got softer.

They didn't bother to tell any one or seem to think it matters to consumers.

I now have two bags of SC inserts with ribbing added (inside & out) for softness.
The huge rib in the inside will hold plenty of dirt too, time to plug the rims & poke the tires...

No new part number, nothing.

They are the SC inserts, 99% the same (not v2 or v3 buggy), just ribed SC & softer.

I'll be using a diferent supplier for my indoor inserts, & I'll make these work for outdoor.
If this is a one off batch then where is the QC?
Not cool ProLine.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.shortcourse.eu/2011/02/pr...-cell-inserts/
Old 03-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Chuck 21; 03-29-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Thats why I switched to AKA
Old 03-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

They've looked like they were hand formed in the past, & they were usually fairly close, although you could see differences from bag to bag....

I just got off the phone, they just made a "running change" no other insert available...

I'm not saying I don't like a soft/med insert, but I wasn't intending to buy any...
Old 03-29-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

guys...have any of you contacted proline?

ive had my fair share of issues with them but the one thing i will give them credit for is trying to make it right

it could also be that they had a production run go bad...sucks but it does happen.
give em a try before bashing what good is it to bash them when you dont even give them a chance to make it right?

good luck guys
steven
Old 03-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I am upset too. I ordered 10 sets from AMain and recieved 5 sets of each. I would prefer the ribed ones. I have 5 sets of foams that I really dont want.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Were the Pro-Line SC closed cell foams ever ribbed? I've been using them for a while and don't remember ever seeing them ribbed.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

The 1st gen are not ribbed, & the "rolling change" 2nd gen is ribbed (considered softer)

They expressed no intent of making it "right" over the phone, reguardless of how unhappy I was about the same part number different product.

AKA has the brains to call it something different & even changed the color when they did it...

Just when I think there was one thing ProLine worth buying.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

hmm havent seen these yet. i just bought a cpl sets from my lhs and they were not ribbed like the pic posted. he had several sets still too. guess im lucky
Old 03-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just bought a set of the new rib inserts and I like them better then the old foams. They fit the HB tire really well. I ran them this past Sunday and I was really happy with how they performed.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

You would think Pro-Line would simply offer the updated foam as a different product. Maybe I'm being ignorant in saying so, but would be nice to have another SC insert option.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Yeah, same thing happened to me with 4 pair of 8th scale Buggy Sniper tires, they came with closed cell foams vs. the molded foams as described and was a running change with no heads up....had two full sets of tires that couldn't be used that weekend Have been switching all personnal tires over to AKA this past week
Old 03-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

The majority of sc trucks are run offroad in dirt, not on carpet. We had a lot of requests for a softer insert to give better traction, which we did after a lot of testing. I know running changes can be confusing but if we had made a new part number and forced everybody to buy them separately there would be a whole lot more people complaining about it.

If you recently bought the old non-grooved foam expecting the new foam, we can defintely help you out. We stopped producing the old foam, so we can't help you if that's what you want.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt @ Pro-Line
The majority of sc trucks are run offroad in dirt, not on carpet. We had a lot of requests for a softer insert to give better traction, which we did after a lot of testing. I know running changes can be confusing but if we had made a new part number and forced everybody to buy them separately there would be a whole lot more people complaining about it.

If you recently bought the old non-grooved foam expecting the new foam, we can defintely help you out. We stopped producing the old foam, so we can't help you if that's what you want.
is this "new foam" wider to fit the new suburb or is it the same size as we've been using? looking for a better fitting foam for hb beam tires

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.