R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #16
Tech Regular

I do applaud the change to a softer closed cell foam as my home track is loose and bumpy

.....and I'm also glad I don't work customer service at Amain or Tower right now
WillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
is this "new foam" wider to fit the new suburb or is it the same size as we've been using? looking for a better fitting foam for hb beam tires
It's wider and fits very well in hb tires. I was putting the v3 in the hb tires, but the v3 are hard to come by. The new ribbed foams fill the tire out well and give good sidewall support. I'm running them in my hb tires.
Bburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Hrmm I also run HB tires.........I hope if I do order some from Amain that I do get the updated inserts.

I did just tonight mount a pair of Megagrids on V2 inserts. Sidewall support doesn't seem the greatest but it seems a little softer at least. Will be interesting to try them out!
WillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLwagon View Post
The 1st gen are not ribbed, & the "rolling change" 2nd gen is ribbed (considered softer)

They expressed no intent of making it "right" over the phone, reguardless of how unhappy I was about the same part number different product.

AKA has the brains to call it something different & even changed the color when they did it...

Just when I think there was one thing ProLine worth buying.
I've got the new AKA tires in with the red foams you can take a look at on Sunday. I also got a pack of the new proline foams in last week with the new foams now.

I do however have ONE set of AKA Enduro's left with the old firm foams. I guess the price just went up on that set!!

>> Team Durango - Savox - Speed Passion - Avid <<
TD-Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ Pro-Line View Post
The majority of sc trucks are run offroad in dirt, not on carpet. We had a lot of requests for a softer insert to give better traction, which we did after a lot of testing. I know running changes can be confusing but if we had made a new part number and forced everybody to buy them separately there would be a whole lot more people complaining about it.

If you recently bought the old non-grooved foam expecting the new foam, we can defintely help you out. We stopped producing the old foam, so we can't help you if that's what you want.

not as many people would be pissed if you continued making the old foams... Catering people that drive on dirt is to be expected, but I'm sure it can't cost much to keep making the old foams in a smaller quantity...

I could probably name 30people in only the southern WI area that would pay $15-$20 for a set of 4 foams...
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What I don't like about the closed cell foams is how round they make the contact patch reducing rear traction. They do add more steering but I need traction! Who decided to make the center so thick and round? Love the proline m4 tires though!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
not as many people would be pissed if you continued making the old foams... Catering people that drive on dirt is to be expected, but I'm sure it can't cost much to keep making the old foams in a smaller quantity...

I could probably name 30people in only the southern WI area that would pay $15-$20 for a set of 4 foams...
the cost would go thru the roof in order to make that small batch....new part number and packaging(labels) etc.

the cost would end up being passed thru all proline products because NO ONE would pay the cost for the privilege of buying the harder foams.

good news is the foams can be used over and over again so post a wanted ad that you will buy all the v1 foams available
stevenmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #23
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What I want to know is why I can't buy SC tires without foams in them. I have plenty of CC foams. I don't like that I have to pay for foams that I don't need. In the end I know it's because they have us over a barrel and there's nothing we can do about it. Keep the foams and let me buy the tires for 6-7 bucks less and I'ld be happy, never happen though cause that 6-7 extra bucks they can charge cause they come with foams costs them about a buck.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #24
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopesv View Post
Thats why I switched to AKA
the same reason of mine coopesy.. i have beeb switched to it coz of the same reason
ya racer it would be in postive sense for you that you sell that tyre to low price rather take it on side and make an holding cost.!!
richardjohn555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yea stock foam was too stiff I agree. Does anyone know of a foam that is softer then Proline V3 foam but stifer than V2 foam? I have tried the 2.2 two stage foam problem is that it breaks down too fast.
arnie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

What's the big deal with a softer foam? The soft v2's hook up better to me!
rednck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

V2 LIGHT GRAY color is alittle Lose fitting on the wheel & alittle to soft as u can bend or chip edge of rim. So a happy medium between v2 & v3 is what I want to Try on my xxx-sct
arnie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

To the handful of guys who prefer the harder foams: I have a handful of JC closed cell foams that I did not use and will gladly trade them even up for the new pro line foams. Pm me if interested. They are plenty wide and fit in a variety of tires.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:20 AM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Does anybody know what happened to these?

It seems nobody has any in stock!

I love them but this sucks... Can't seem to find any!
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
is this "new foam" wider to fit the new suburb or is it the same size as we've been using? looking for a better fitting foam for hb beam tires
It would be nice if someone could answer this question.
I like the beams but have struggled with the PL inserts in them. Now side integrity, they just seem to lay over to easy.