Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Random Mods on a Sunday Afternoon >

Random Mods on a Sunday Afternoon

Random Mods on a Sunday Afternoon

Old 03-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Random Mods on a Sunday Afternoon

I had a pretty dull afternoon since the rain had screwed the pooch on running at the track. So instead, I spent a little time making some minor mods to my RC10B4 that I'd been meaning to do for a while.

Any thoughts?

First I took a Dremel to my RC10B4's battery strap. It always bothered me how long it was. With the LiPo's it was always a pain to get situated. Now... easy peasy. And just as secure. I'll explain the red dot later.

Tinted windows. Booya! I saw an 1/8th scale buggy with blue tinted windows and thought I'd try the same. LOVE IT! Once my Chicago-flag inspired body gets here I'll be doing a red tint on it. Should be even sweeter.

I fried an ESC recently because I couldn't tell the difference between the positive and negative terminals on my battery. Well, one trip to Michael's and a paint marker later there won't be any doubt in the future.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Cool mods
Old 03-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I like the battery strap mod and red dot on the battery. I hooked one up in reverse just this past Monday. Sparks and heat, but lucky for me no smoke. That got my attention. Going to do that to my batteries soon. The Venums I have are easy enough to tell apart but the new ones I have are like yours, and to top it off they are reverse of my Venums I'm so used to using! A disaster waiting to happen. Thanks for the red-dot idea!
Old 03-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesmoDave
I like the battery strap mod and red dot on the battery. I hooked one up in reverse just this past Monday. Sparks and heat, but lucky for me no smoke. That got my attention. Going to do that to my batteries soon. The Venums I have are easy enough to tell apart but the new ones I have are like yours, and to top it off they are reverse of my Venums I'm so used to using! A disaster waiting to happen. Thanks for the red-dot idea!
Yeah, that's how it happened! I have 2 Protek batteries that have opposite placement of the terminals! How silly is that?! So I plugged one in thinking it was the other and poof! I wasn't so lucky and got a smokey ESC. Sent back to Castle for a replacement. That's another major reason I wasn't on a track today.