R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-24-2004, 10:37 AM   #76
Tech Regular

Thanks for answering all my questions so far.

Would you happen to know if the steering servo, is the same size as the mini-t's and if it would directley fit in the mini-T? Is it the standard mini size say to the micro airtronics or hitec servo's

Thanks
midnight oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:42 AM   #77
Tech Regular

damn that's good video!!

I how they go up on the wall
Old 11-24-2004, 10:55 AM   #78
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to beetlebz

for those interested, the mx3s will NOT work with the stock 18t receiver looks like im going to have to spend 50% of the trucks cost just to get a receiver lol

the good news is, if i get an XXtra, the xxtra can go in my bolink (then gt in the spring) and my airtronics micro can go in 18t. stupid AM modulation.
beetlebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:23 PM   #79
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by midnight oil
Would you happen to know if the steering servo, is the same size as the mini-t's and if it would directley fit in the mini-T? Is it the standard mini size say to the micro airtronics or hitec servo's
It should be the same size, but the problem is that you will, for the Mini-T, have to swap out the ESC AND the receiver!!!! The Mini-T uses a 4-wire servo harness that is NOT compatible with any other setup...DOH!

But, it should fit in if you decide to swap out all the OTHER electronics....
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:38 PM   #80
Tech Regular

Yeah I figured that, but it does save me having to buy another servo if I did want to switch it into the mini T.

See here is what I'm trying to do. Buy the AE truck take out all the elctronics and put it into the mini T which is actually my brothers. Than I keep the rc18 for myself and add the electronics to my 18 at a later time. So now his mini-T has a nice replacement electric setup and I have a new mini truck that later down the road I will add my own electronics and use my remote.

Confused yet???
Old 11-24-2004, 09:55 PM   #81
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by midnight oil
Confused yet???
Oh no, I'm totally on board....

CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 11-25-2004, 02:52 PM   #82
Tech Adept

Yep, ours (I work for the LHS) was set to be delivered today, but we'll get it tomorrow. I'm gonna take my last $200 to work and buy it and order a Mamba 8000.

Excpect LOADS of pictures tomorrow.
Greg_Hager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 03:19 PM   #83
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to KCLapTraffic

I already ordered a mamba 8000 for mine (should be here tues or wed)! The 18t's are suppose to ship to our LHS on the 29th. I cant wait! Does anyone know if the new GWS 75mhz sub-sub micro receivers are any good? What about the Hitec 03MM? Anyone used either with an R-1?
KCLapTraffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 04:08 PM   #84
Tech Addict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TPhalen
[B]midnight oil: Oh, I'm POSITIVE it'll handle the Baja....maybe more powerful motors. Hard to say, though, since the Baja is the most powerful motor at the moment!!!! Nov. release date is still on schedule....might want to check you LHS any time now....

i totally miss the point of ready built stuff, its for lazy people who cant be bothered, with no imagination, common sense or practical skills...
sure offer it built, why not.... just give us the option to buy the thing as a kit and enjoy the fun and learning experience of it..

sadly if we want this great stuff we have to get lumped in with the toy-people.

I fear the B5 will be RTR only when it comes out in the far far future.. as we seem to be considered less and less competent.

Rant OVER !!!!

Can i put in a request that theres a BUGGY version, everyone makes a truck now in this scale, a lot of people would appreciate a buggy me thinks..

Cheers and sorry if i upset anyone who cant build a model!

oople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 05:58 PM   #85
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to KCLapTraffic

I too wish they made a kit, but since they dont I'll have to live with it. I'll prolly take the thing apart and rebuild it anyway, just to make sure everything is how I'd like it.

I would also be all for a buggy version, actually I kinda wish they would have built an 18th scale 2wd buggy instead, but, I can see why they went for the truck instead, since their more popular, and they dont make these things for racers (like some of us), they make them for their major market...the bashers.
KCLapTraffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 09:29 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Well, remember guys, this is a TOY....not a serious top-of-the-line racing machine.....well, mine might be now, but....

But seriously, 95% of the people that buy these are NOT racers....they are everyday local-yokels that want a fun, small 'item' for little Johnny to open up on Christmas morning. Now, our part was to ALSO make it fun and tuneable enough for all us die-hard racers out there that WANT to race them....that want to fiddle and make them faster....because we CAN!!!

But, as oople said, we have to sometimes lump them in with the toy people. But, for me, that's ok. This thing is so fun in it's stock form that I haven't changed ANYTHING on it since day one...well, except for the tires and the body color (official Phalen paint scheme!!!!!)
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 11-25-2004, 09:33 PM   #87
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm putting a jet engine on mine.. you'll all go down in flames.. bwahahaha
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 10:34 PM   #88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i got the truck yesterday, i fried my ESC today, driver error tho.
Truck is defintaly rock solid, VERY ZIPPY, cant wait for the snow to melt and build me an AE replica test track in the backyard hehe

tony did u get my PM?
thunderbt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 10:37 PM   #89
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

got ur PM tony, Thanks
thunderbt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 11:45 PM   #90
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to beetlebz

yeah, lets not miss the point here guys. an 18th scale is really a double duty vehicle as compared to a factory team T4. the FTT4 is obviously for those serious about racing. the 18t, well, isnt. and as tony said, the market right now of racers to everyone else is about 5%. sure, id like to see a kit too, but associated needs to do whats good for associated. i for one, have a vested interest in seeing that they make their new gas truck that rumors are flying about. im sorry that it has to piss off us 5% who want a kit, but if it will keep my GT parts comming in, so be it!

and besides, for 150 bucks, its not exactly going to hurt the pocket of a die hard racer to thow an extra 75 bucks in the pot for a receiver, which from what im gathering, is about the only thing a racer would want, to use his or hers current radio. everything else on the truck should be dialed like a party line
beetlebz is offline   Reply With Quote