R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/495508-ofna-nexx-10sc-thread.html)

-R2- 03-23-2011 04:43 PM

OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread
 
1 Attachment(s)
Ok so we will now get an official thread going on this 4x4 truck.
http://ofna.com/nexx10sc.php

HYPERBOY 03-23-2011 04:49 PM

Im the 2nd to post AWESOME!!!!!!

koopesv 03-23-2011 04:52 PM

I want to know what parts are shared from the Hyper and the Jammin

-R2- 03-23-2011 04:55 PM


Originally Posted by koopesv (Post 8850202)
I want to know what parts are shared from the Hyper and the Jammin

none, two different cars.

marooko 03-23-2011 04:59 PM

Looks pretty good, the SC game is changing and the Associated is still to hit the dirt full force. The Losi hit a puddle at our track, and like a Gremlin, multiplied. hahaha. I'm still gonna wait to get rid of my Slash, though. Can't wait to read what people like and dislike on this, and see it run.

Anyone pick up what the shock diameter was?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

BashemSmashem 03-23-2011 05:05 PM


Originally Posted by koopesv (Post 8850202)
I want to know what parts are shared from the Hyper and the Jammin

Its a Jammin SCRT10 with the PBS front end so EVERYTHING for the SCRT10 will fit this .

hobbipro 03-23-2011 05:09 PM

Looks like a SCRT-10 with some tweeks here and there, pivot ball suspension as standard now, and the hard coated chassis. I absolutely love my Jammin, and would consider buying the parts to make it a Nexx 10SC, but after getting the new chassis and suspension.....might as well spend a few $$ more and get this kit with all new fresh parts. This should be a really good contender in the 4x4 SC class.

twigman08 03-23-2011 05:13 PM


Originally Posted by -R2- (Post 8850217)
none, two different cars.

will those steering knuckles fit the Hyper?

BashemSmashem 03-23-2011 05:18 PM


Originally Posted by twigman08 (Post 8850306)
will those steering knuckles fit the Hyper?

I dont think they will , bearing sizes for the hubs/axles are different . Maybe if you used the front universals for the Jammin ?

SuperEk4 03-23-2011 05:52 PM

Nice! But more expensive?

dan200487 03-23-2011 06:14 PM

any idea on a release date?

TimBump 03-23-2011 06:31 PM


Originally Posted by koopesv (Post 8850202)
I want to know what parts are shared from the Hyper and the Jammin

Here is a link to the parts list (the Hyper parts are not interchangeable with the Nexx). There is also a link to the manual and exploded view.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Parts-...519/index.html

Feint Motion 03-23-2011 06:38 PM

nice vid. Is this thing out yet? I need to start bugging my LHS for it. :D

Super Coupe 03-23-2011 06:43 PM

That's a bad beast. I love it.

TimBump 03-24-2011 01:48 AM

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

HotBodiesVe8Boy 03-24-2011 02:03 AM

does ofna not have a 4x4 sc already out?

racer x 1 03-24-2011 02:45 AM

I cant wait for this sucker to come out!!!! im buying one as soon as the semester is over no questions about it. :D

twigman08 03-24-2011 02:53 AM


Originally Posted by HotBodiesVe8Boy (Post 8852457)
does ofna not have a 4x4 sc already out?

Hobao-hyper 10SC

This is from Hongnor. Both are distributed under Ofnas name here I believe.

I like it. Looks pretty nice. But I like my Hyper too and I have that dialed and on rails. Couldn't be more pleased with my hyper. I'm sure this also will be a big contender.

HotBodiesVe8Boy 03-24-2011 03:25 AM

oh yeh im mixing up Jammin Ofna and Hobao AGAIN :L

hobbipro 03-24-2011 03:34 AM

Tower lists this as $259, and with a discount code could walk away with it at $219, Nice! :D Question is, when will this be available?????

symmetricon 03-24-2011 05:11 AM

It looks very nice. I wonder how much offset are on the wheels? Also, does it have the universals in the rear?

racer x 1 03-24-2011 08:11 AM

saw from the pics no universals in the back and i think it has the same backspace(26mm) as the hyper. hopefully DJ will be able to confirm this shortly. all I know is i will finally join the 4x4 club with this guy! :D and win too. :batman:

GravityJunkie 03-24-2011 08:46 AM

I don't understand what all the hype is about. Isn't this just a SCRT10 with PBS????

BashemSmashem 03-24-2011 09:11 AM


Originally Posted by GravityJunkie (Post 8853671)
I don't understand what all the hype is about. Isn't this just a SCRT10 with PBS????

Agreed ! If they had beefed up the bumpers , a arms , etc it would have been better . Part of what made the SCRT10 a great truck IMO was how aggressively it would turn , with the PBS this might have changed ?

HYPERBOY 03-24-2011 09:11 AM

There is more than just that, they have listened and built a car stock that Jammin owners have to cut, driil and spend money on. They have built a serious racer.

New chassis (Optional holes for battery movement)
New sway bars
New mug guards
Top front bumper brace is modified
New wheels(SWEET)
Really good outdoor tires

I am building mine right now and really only need to change 2-3 things

Ofna steering balls OFN30410
CNC steering crossbar.


My setup will be

Diffs

5
5
3


Oils

60
40

Once I get some time on the track I will make and post a setup sheet for indoor/outdoor.

8ight-e 03-24-2011 09:13 AM


Originally Posted by marooko (Post 8850243)
Looks pretty good, the SC game is changing and the Associated is still to hit the dirt full force. The Losi hit a puddle at our track, and like a Gremlin, multiplied. hahaha.

You're not suppose to laugh at your own jokes, Rule #1

Ps it was pretty funny ;)

TimBump 03-24-2011 09:24 AM


Originally Posted by racer x 1 (Post 8853517)
saw from the pics no universals in the back and i think it has the same backspace(26mm) as the hyper. hopefully DJ will be able to confirm this shortly. all I know is i will finally join the 4x4 club with this guy! :D and win too. :batman:

It come with a new 2.2/3.0 wheel with about 21mm backspacing. The Proline 22mm will also fit fine.

jsamarin 03-24-2011 10:15 AM


Originally Posted by BashemSmashem (Post 8853838)
Agreed ! If they had beefed up the bumpers , a arms , etc it would have been better . Part of what made the SCRT10 a great truck IMO was how aggressively it would turn , with the PBS this might have changed ?

From what i've read about the pbs conversion on the jammin was it took away alot of its mechanical steering throw.

This truck still needs all the necessary mods the jammin did, like a front bumper, bigger front shocks, captured rod ends, rear universals and stronger, wider a arms which can only be done by an aftermarket company (protrac kit for the slash is similar to what i am thinking here)

I do like how there is no unnecessary holes in the bottom of the chassis, and now that this jammin is an ofna, i'm sure there will be a tim bump edition of it soon.

TimBump 03-24-2011 11:14 AM


Originally Posted by jsamarin (Post 8854198)
I do like how there is no unnecessary holes in the bottom of the chassis, and now that this jammin is an ofna, i'm sure there will be a tim bump edition of it soon.

Sorry, no plans for a Nexx 10sc Bump Edition. And Thanks :)

HYPERBOY 03-24-2011 11:28 AM


Originally Posted by jsamarin (Post 8854198)
From what i've read about the pbs conversion on the jammin was it took away alot of its mechanical steering throw.

This truck still needs all the necessary mods the jammin did, like a front bumper, bigger front shocks, captured rod ends, rear universals and stronger, wider a arms which can only be done by an aftermarket company (protrac kit for the slash is similar to what i am thinking here)

I do like how there is no unnecessary holes in the bottom of the chassis, and now that this jammin is an ofna, i'm sure there will be a tim bump edition of it soon.

I don't want to come off rude :D

All of the big name drivers who run OFNA 4x4 SC win just fine with a stock style setup..

Captured rods is a must!

When I ran the Ofna PBS on my Jammin I had no issue turning under the competition.

The Front bumper brace looks much better but I cannot comment untill I bash it a bit.

colter 03-24-2011 11:57 AM


Originally Posted by hobbipro (Post 8852590)
Tower lists this as $259, and with a discount code could walk away with it at $219, Nice! :D Question is, when will this be available?????

Looks like Nitrohouse.com already has them in stock for $269 if you can't wait any longer.

Ex President 03-24-2011 12:14 PM

If you can't make a PBS equipped Hyper or NEXX 10 turn, then there's something wrong with your setup somewhere.

It's a great design, There's a reason they continue to use it.

pro306 03-24-2011 02:06 PM


Originally Posted by twigman08 (Post 8850306)
will those steering knuckles fit the Hyper?

x2 the only real complaint i have with my hyper is you cant adjust the slack out of the pivot balls. i'd buy a conversion if available. even if i had to buy different axles.

twigman08 03-24-2011 02:18 PM


Originally Posted by Ex President (Post 8854810)
If you can't make a PBS equipped Hyper or NEXX 10 turn, then there's something wrong with your setup somewhere.

It's a great design, There's a reason they continue to use it.

+1.

My Hyper (hmmm has a PBS) has a crap load of steering. Absolutely no steering mods to my Hyper. Their isn't a Losi, Jammin, or anything that can turn inside my Hyper. It turns just as good, if not better, than anything on the track.



Originally Posted by pro306
x2 the only real complaint i have with my hyper is you cant adjust the slack out of the pivot balls.

I actually wasn't talking about it 'cause of that or haven't even noticed that in my Hyper. I was just asking if it'd be possible just so we'd have another spare just in case a steering knuckle broke. Though then again I can't remember the last time I broke a steering knuckle. They are not "weak" like everyone complains about.

Super Coupe 03-24-2011 02:39 PM


Originally Posted by twigman08 (Post 8855453)
+1.

My Hyper (hmmm has a PBS) has a crap load of steering. Absolutely no steering mods to my Hyper. Their isn't a Losi, Jammin, or anything that can turn inside my Hyper. It turns just as good, if not better, than anything on the track.



I actually wasn't talking about it 'cause of that or haven't even noticed that in my Hyper. I was just asking if it'd be possible just so we'd have another spare just in case a steering knuckle broke. Though then again I can't remember the last time I broke a steering knuckle. They are not "weak" like everyone complains about.

I drove one of the new losi trucks and it turned in like a dream. A bit better than our trucks. Maybe he just had that sucker DIAlLED!

twigman08 03-24-2011 02:44 PM


Originally Posted by Super Coupe (Post 8855555)
I drove one of the new losi trucks and it turned in like a dream. A bit better than our trucks. Maybe he just had that sucker DIAlLED!

Funny, you drove my truck afterwards and I seem to remember you saying "ok this thing does turn." Also remember quite a bit of pipes being hit for it turning so quick in the corners. :D

twigman08 03-24-2011 02:51 PM

Also, will Bradely by chance be running one of these at the big races? Has he raced it at a big race yet?

Super Coupe 03-24-2011 02:52 PM


Originally Posted by twigman08 (Post 8855579)
Funny, you drove my truck afterwards and I seem to remember you saying "ok this thing does turn." Also remember quite a bit of pipes being hit for it turning so quick in the corners. :D

It does turn good but if I had to choose which truck felt better I would choose the losi I drove. Yeah I was smashing pipes cause I had been driving my xxx sct with the stock servo all day. Since you got your hyper dialed in you better make the a main next race with all the losi's.

twigman08 03-24-2011 02:59 PM


Originally Posted by Super Coupe (Post 8855626)
It does turn good but if I had to choose which truck felt better I would choose the losi I drove. Yeah I was smashing pipes cause I had been driving my xxx sct with the stock servo all day. Since you got your hyper dialed in you better make the a main next race with all the losi's.

Why don't ya go to the Losi thread then and leave the people here who don't want the Losi? Also where is your Losi at?

Talk him into letting me drive the Losi and I'll have to see this "magical" turn in myself.

Super Coupe 03-24-2011 03:04 PM


Originally Posted by twigman08 (Post 8855654)
Why don't ya go to the Losi thread then and leave the people here who don't want the Losi? Also where is your Losi at?

Talk him into letting me drive the Losi and I'll have to see this "magical" turn in myself.

He will probably let you if you ask. He just asked me if I had driven one yet then handed me his controller. My losi is sitting right next to my hyper.


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:31 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.