Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Airtronics is back ordered on receivers and everyone is out of motor's and esc so I'm on hold waiting for something,

I send my body out to be painted no realizing Ofna has not recieved extra's to sell, so I have to wait.....

Dj and I watched Gauge race his at OCRC and truck was DIALED!!!! He was able to get some video so hopefully it post's but 2 words

IT TURNS!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default suspension and shocks

It looks nice but I wouldint buy one, the arms in the front look beefier than my hyper 10 but they look.... different, and it looks like it has A LOT less wheel travel with those shocks and arms, i mean when your hitting full throttle or coming out a turn, the front wheels want to come up or come up even MORE with less down travel, so that means the center diff is gonna send most of the power to the front wheels which would will slow you down so having a 4x4 would be pointless, I got a bump 2.0 hyper with the stock shocks in the rear but the rear is mostly on the ground, but I got prolines power strokes in the front and there about 3/4 inch longer so that gives me like 1 1/2" more travel in the front which makes a difference because my tires are always on the ground, point is it doesnt look possible with this one even with cvd's in the front and it doesnt have aluminum shock towers, ill just stick to my hyper bump edition 2.0.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by martinloccz
It looks nice but I wouldint buy one, the arms in the front look beefier than my hyper 10 but they look.... different, and it looks like it has A LOT less wheel travel with those shocks and arms, i mean when your hitting full throttle or coming out a turn, the front wheels want to come up or come up even MORE with less down travel, so that means the center diff is gonna send most of the power to the front wheels which would will slow you down so having a 4x4 would be pointless, I got a bump 2.0 hyper with the stock shocks in the rear but the rear is mostly on the ground, but I got prolines power strokes in the front and there about 3/4 inch longer so that gives me like 1 1/2" more travel in the front which makes a difference because my tires are always on the ground, point is it doesnt look possible with this one even with cvd's in the front and it doesnt have aluminum shock towers, ill just stick to my hyper bump edition 2.0.
I had the same dilemma but went with the NEXX because more people race the scrt around me than the hyper. Seems most of them keep the shorter shocks up front however. Both are good trucks and I like the AE and the Losi as well but I'd rather go with something that has the bugs out of it already then move up if I feel its needed. Since the AE doesnt share parts at all with the SC10 it made it all the easier.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

This truck does not lift up when accelerating like a Hyper so the shorter shock is fine. Also the shock tower geometry is different than a Hyper so you don't need a long shock to get the same amount of travel.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tron
Are the front shocks still on-road touring car length?

Ofna pushes Jay out, changes some graphics and other minor things and then markets as a new truck?
Jay is still manufacturing parts but has decided no to continue the Jammin car line.

This car is replacing the Jammin so it looks similar but is different because Hong Nor has added all of there aftermarket design and tested parts to allow them compete with the other SC vehicle's.

Last edited by HYPERBOY; 03-28-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Before you get ahead of yourself James we will still offer the Jammin SCRT-10 so we will still have 3 4x4 sc's in our line up. The car has been part of Jammin's line during the Ofna dist. so we still sell parts and kits in respect to the Jammin line.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Its maybe how they have their truck tuned better,with those shorter shocks, because I never really been in a real race i wouldnt know TOO much but when me and my friend race in in the track we have, he runs a jammin we both run 3s but I have the rx8 and the 2650 yeah its over kill but its fun, he has the mamba monster 2200, and I run laps around him because his front tires never have traction and if he runs too thick on the center diff it just spins out every turn, we actually got these setups just to prove him wrong that wheel travel is important just like in real trucks, lol
Old 03-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
Before you get ahead of yourself James we will still offer the Jammin SCRT-10 so we will still have 3 4x4 sc's in our line up. The car has been part of Jammin's line during the Ofna dist. so we still sell parts and kits in respect to the Jammin line.
But wont it be called the Hong Nor SCRT10 and not the Jammin SCRT10 ? The magazine ads have been running for months shown the Hong Nor name in the ads and not Jammin ?
Old 03-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
But wont it be called the Hong Nor SCRT10 and not the Jammin SCRT10 ? The magazine ads have been running for months shown the Hong Nor name in the ads and not Jammin ?
It will still be called the Jammin here in the states.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

The Nexx 10sc in a run.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by -R2-
Gotcha
Old 03-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marooko
Anyone actually driving theirs around yet? Curious how you're digging it.
You guys are funny. This is a Jammin SCRT10 pillow ball edition with a couple holes drilled in the chassis. I love my Jammin, but those front shocks are completely inadequate if you run on big outdoor tracks, so like all of us Jammin guys, you'll all be buying the longer rear shocks for the front or just putting 1/8 scale shocks on.

I have gone to the Losi, but here's my take on the scrt pb edition:

The stock shocks will work on blue groove tracks without lots of ruts or huge jumps. If you run on 1/8 scale tracks, figure a set of 1/8 scale shocks into the price. Losi 8ight shocks with red springs and light oil work well. The PB steering I really didn't see much difference from the standard setup but it looks a bit beefier.

Some parts are weak and I don't see anything on this to indicate they have been fixed. Bumpers went with regularity. Tie rods pop off a lot so you'll need to address that. They haven't changed. The truck steers and holds a line on power very, very well. This is the trucks strongest point. It is really quite impressive there. It doesn't handle rough tracks well at all which is why I switched to the Losi. I have yet to run the Losi at the track, so i'm keeping my jammin till I make a final decision.

I do hate the fact that they are making this out of a 1/12 scale car (CRT .5) and then using wheels with a lot of offset to make width. To top it off, they advertise it like it's some new thing because everyone else (Losi, AE, Durango) are coming out with new designs.

If you want one, save your money and buy one of the many used ones that are being sold as everyone jumps to Losi and durango and soon AE.

Not bashing here, I liked my SCRT, but this is just marketing hype.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chiro972
You guys are funny. This is a Jammin SCRT10 pillow ball edition with a couple holes drilled in the chassis. I love my Jammin, but those front shocks are completely inadequate if you run on big outdoor tracks, so like all of us Jammin guys, you'll all be buying the longer rear shocks for the front or just putting 1/8 scale shocks on.

I have gone to the Losi, but here's my take on the scrt pb edition:

The stock shocks will work on blue groove tracks without lots of ruts or huge jumps. If you run on 1/8 scale tracks, figure a set of 1/8 scale shocks into the price. Losi 8ight shocks with red springs and light oil work well. The PB steering I really didn't see much difference from the standard setup but it looks a bit beefier.

Some parts are weak and I don't see anything on this to indicate they have been fixed. Bumpers went with regularity. Tie rods pop off a lot so you'll need to address that. They haven't changed. The truck steers and holds a line on power very, very well. This is the trucks strongest point. It is really quite impressive there. It doesn't handle rough tracks well at all which is why I switched to the Losi. I have yet to run the Losi at the track, so i'm keeping my jammin till I make a final decision.

I do hate the fact that they are making this out of a 1/12 scale car (CRT .5) and then using wheels with a lot of offset to make width. To top it off, they advertise it like it's some new thing because everyone else (Losi, AE, Durango) are coming out with new designs.

If you want one, save your money and buy one of the many used ones that are being sold as everyone jumps to Losi and durango and soon AE.

Not bashing here, I liked my SCRT, but this is just marketing hype.
So you have this truck with the pbs upgrade already?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenlife
So you have this truck with the pbs upgrade already?
That pbs front end has been our for quite some time , it was actually first used on the Ofna BBT 1/12 nitro truggy , but they never took off so I guess after the SCT craze started and they made 4x4 1/10 SCT's outta the 1/12 truggies someone at Ofna decided it would be a good way to get rid of the parts from the BBT ?
Old 03-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
That pbs front end has been our for quite some time , it was actually first used on the Ofna BBT 1/12 nitro truggy , but they never took off so I guess after the SCT craze started and they made 4x4 1/10 SCT's outta the 1/12 truggies someone at Ofna decided it would be a good way to get rid of the parts from the BBT ?
just never heard anyone say pbs and c hub handle the same...there are things you can do with pbs you cant do with a c hub...draw back to pbs usually is more bump steer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.