Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Finally ready to drive! The body turned out alright but I'm gonna pick up a flotek Raptor later.

Any recommendations on a good 3s battery?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would stay 2 s move battery all the way up front and add 3/4 of an ounce of lead to the front of the battery mount.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

haven't seen allot of activity on this thread in a while and i haven't posted on her in like forever but i still race mine on a weekly basis and now one of my Buddy races one too and he had told me that i could use slash 2wd front rims all around which would widen the truck to roar legal limit? is this true?

thanks guys
Old 03-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

I know I have always used rear slash wheels sets on the Nexx but never the fronts.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

ok i mean i have owned the truck for 2 years and have absolutely just blown the competition away but lately i have been getting beat by some of the newer 8th scale chassis sct's. i had called nitro house today and they had told me that the slash 2wd front wheels would fit on the nexx and still be just a few mm under roar limit. i don't know if i wanna waste my money on these if they really aren't that much wider. do you happen to know how wide the slash 2wd fronts are compared to the rears?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sc10pc
ok i mean i have owned the truck for 2 years and have absolutely just blown the competition away but lately i have been getting beat by some of the newer 8th scale chassis sct's. i had called nitro house today and they had told me that the slash 2wd front wheels would fit on the nexx and still be just a few mm under roar limit. i don't know if i wanna waste my money on these if they really aren't that much wider. do you happen to know how wide the slash 2wd fronts are compared to the rears?
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Wheels-Dyn...-2_p_3812.html
looks like it would add 6mm total width in front and back
Old 03-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Would it still be roar legal though? That only is 3mm to a side.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sc10pc
Would it still be roar legal though? That only is 3mm to a side.
i would think but not sure i never needed to widen mine
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Not a lot happening here...

I drove a friends last night, well, a Hong Nor Nexx 10sc (not sure what the story is there, but would like to know)

Put down the fastest lap at my track that I ever have, I was 0.4s off a 4wd buggy mod lap time and faster than all the 4wd buggy stock drivers.

I have driven a losi for about 6 months and win consistently with it, so I'm looking forward to 'down-grading' (???!) to a faster car to show all the losi 2's who's boss :P

Still getting my head around the heavy weight oils tho :O doing my head in.

I accidentally bought slash rwd rims - they are 3mm narrower than the stock rims. Slash 2wd front is the same offset as the stock rims, so I'll be stocking up tonight before some more racing this long weekend.

I have a question about the OFNA ally hex's: are they locking hex's? I have locking hex's on my other hex drive cars and really like them for ease of use and convenience, but I've not seen the OFNA ones to know.

Last edited by whittie; 03-29-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Ya man if you get one you will be very happy with it. I have ha mine for almost three years since the day they were in the hobby shops shelves and i have the fastest sc on the track. Of course it will need a few upgrade here and there but i drove mine stock for the first year and wooped everyone! Myself along with my buddy race them weekly an they are amazing trucks! Now to answer your question regarding the hex the strc ones will be your locking type whereas the ofna type hex which is what i use has a small pin retained by a large oring that slides over the back of the hex and is way better than the strc ones. Hope this helps if you ever need help getting your setup jus post on here id be glad to help! Glad to see someone is still interested in the nexx!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I still have mine, but I'm not racing it anymore. I don't get to do much off-road racing lately anyway. I don't think I'm going to get rid of it, unless I find a good trade. I'm thinking I'm going to start running 3S in it and have fun just bashing.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rodarbal
I still have mine, but I'm not racing it anymore. I don't get to do much off-road racing lately anyway. I don't think I'm going to get rid of it, unless I find a good trade. I'm thinking I'm going to start running 3S in it and have fun just bashing.
truly i was thinking about retiring mine as it has had a long life and getting the tekno, but the other night i was lapping teknos left and right and by the end of the race i had two more laps in than the rest of the field, and was running consistent 20.01's on a track that the 4x4 buggy's pull 19.5's! if you get the chance you should rebuild it and throw it back out on the track! i wouldn't bash it as the pillow balls are the weak point on this truck and i think you would go through alot of pillow balls imo.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Good to hear a few people here still!

I borrowed my friends car to race it tonight and clean-swept 4x4 SC. 4 wins from 4 starts.

I'm only borrowing it so all I could change was shock oil and location and battery position, didn't touch any of the inserts etc. Car was great. Rather unforgiving I found, you had to be clean but when you are, it was VERY fast. I took fastest lap of the day by 0.8s: 26.6 vs 27.4 - 4x4 buggies doing 25.5

This is a keeper I reckon, going to fiddle with kick-up in the rear (too much weight transfer on power) and needs some proper diff oil from stock (super taily on power).

We have no Tekno's at our track (In aus, no stores stock them locally) and only 1 Losi 2, but several MIP kits. Class is all Losi cept for a couple sc10's.

Hopefully you guys hang around a bit longer and can help!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

that's great to hear! for your diffs i would try the following depending on what type of track your running:

- for medium grip to high grip indoor or out try F5 M5 R3
- for blue groove F7 M3 R3 or dusty to loamy try F7 M5 R3

in the summer for outdoor season i will run the bottom setup as the track i run is very dusty and the trucks tend to slide around a bit, whereas in the winter i run a medium to high grip indoor clay track and the ttop setup works very well to put down some power.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

got one and wanna sell it. its got a lot of parts and it kicked ass when my buddy borrowed. it,got it in a trade. How much can I get for it? thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.