R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/495508-ofna-nexx-10sc-thread.html)

twigman08 03-25-2011 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by russp (Post 8856929)
LAME.... get design something new ofna.
a re-badged Jammin?? now that is lame

Why "re-design" something that works already?

Same reason why Losi just now made a new buggy? The XXX was out for a LONG time.

pro306 03-25-2011 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by symmetricon (Post 8857382)
How is the durability on the a-arms on this and the jammin? And does the rear end need the shocks to be limited to keep the dogbones from bending like on the hyper?

never had that problem. i broke a dog bone once then put cvd's in and never again had a problem. i'm now runnung the new lower arms that you actually lengthen the shock to use the outer hole and am not using a compression limiter. still no problems.

mugenlife 03-25-2011 11:12 AM

I just pulled the trigger and bought the combo on Nitro House's site. I love pillow ball set ups..then again Im used to a mugen LOL.

GravityJunkie 03-25-2011 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY (Post 8853846)
There is more than just that, they have listened and built a car stock that Jammin owners have to cut, driil and spend money on. They have built a serious racer.

New chassis (Optional holes for battery movement)
New sway bars
New mug guards
Top front bumper brace is modified
New wheels(SWEET)
Really good outdoor tires

Ok, so it's a Jammin with the redesigned front bumper brace and an extra set of drilled holes for battery location. Most would have replaced rims and tires to something track suitable anyways. I don't see anything earth shatteringly different about the sway bars. Oh yea, and now it appears to have mud guards that are even less useful.

If you're 'hyped' for this thing, shoulda just bought a Jammin back when they came out. Or buy a used Jammin for a sweet price now and throw on the PBS.

mugenlife 03-25-2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by GravityJunkie (Post 8860728)
Ok, so it's a Jammin with the redesigned front bumper brace and an extra set of drilled holes for battery location. Most would have replaced rims and tires to something track suitable anyways. I don't see anything earth shatteringly different about the sway bars. Oh yea, and now it appears to have mud guards that are even less useful.

If you're 'hyped' for this thing, shoulda just bought a Jammin back when they came out. Or buy a used Jammin for a sweet price now and throw on the PBS.

They are on sale at nitro house ...219 or 399 with the novak SC pro 4.5 550 combo

symmetricon 03-25-2011 02:42 PM

Nitro house has it listed for 259$, how are you getting it for 219$?

TimBump 03-25-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by symmetricon (Post 8861226)
Nitro house has it listed for 259$, how are you getting it for 219$?

If you look in the shopping cart you will see the price.

mugenlife 03-25-2011 05:31 PM

I think it is a great deal on a truck of this caliber..at that price I bought the rear universals...still need to get a pinion gear but I will worry about that when racing season gets closer. What are the pinions of choice for a scrt on a novak 4.5?

TimBump 03-25-2011 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by mugenlife (Post 8861846)
I think it is a great deal on a truck of this caliber..at that price I bought the rear universals...still need to get a pinion gear but I will worry about that when racing season gets closer. What are the pinions of choice for a scrt on a novak 4.5?

13 for a short track and 14 on a long.

Tron 03-25-2011 06:35 PM

Are the front shocks still on-road touring car length?

Ofna pushes Jay out, changes some graphics and other minor things and then markets as a new truck?

russp 03-25-2011 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tron (Post 8862107)
Are the front shocks still on-road touring car length?

Ofna pushes Jay out, changes some graphics and other minor things and then markets as a new truck?

Sorry I think that's just dirty business there. No respect

Ex President 03-25-2011 09:44 PM

Please explain this "Jay being pushed out" business?

hobbipro 03-26-2011 04:18 AM

Yes, please explain. From what I've read The Hong Nor, Jammin contract simply expired the end of 2010. Either side at that point have the right to move on. I believe the Jammin branding was U.S. based, while the rest of the world still received Hong Nor. Hong nor is now re-releasing the SCRT-10 with all the imporved parts most of us bought, under their banner, probably easier to market, whats wrong with that?

mugenlife 03-26-2011 08:26 AM

Since this comes with white springs just get the blue?

twigman08 03-26-2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by mugenlife (Post 8864169)
Since this comes with white springs just get the blue?

+1 on the Blue.

The more I read the posts on this community and the fanboys, the more I love this community. This is better than the Mustang vs. Camaro or Ford Vs. Chevy.