Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread >

OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread

OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:57 PM
  #31  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (22)
 
colter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Burnet, TX
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hobbipro View Post
Tower lists this as $259, and with a discount code could walk away with it at $219, Nice! Question is, when will this be available?????
Looks like Nitrohouse.com already has them in stock for $269 if you can't wait any longer.
colter is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 01:14 PM
  #32  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (13)
 
Ex President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas Fool...
Posts: 347
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

If you can't make a PBS equipped Hyper or NEXX 10 turn, then there's something wrong with your setup somewhere.

It's a great design, There's a reason they continue to use it.
Ex President is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:06 PM
  #33  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockbridge Ga
Posts: 136
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by twigman08 View Post
will those steering knuckles fit the Hyper?
x2 the only real complaint i have with my hyper is you cant adjust the slack out of the pivot balls. i'd buy a conversion if available. even if i had to buy different axles.
pro306 is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:18 PM
  #34  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 616
Default

Originally Posted by Ex President View Post
If you can't make a PBS equipped Hyper or NEXX 10 turn, then there's something wrong with your setup somewhere.

It's a great design, There's a reason they continue to use it.
+1.

My Hyper (hmmm has a PBS) has a crap load of steering. Absolutely no steering mods to my Hyper. Their isn't a Losi, Jammin, or anything that can turn inside my Hyper. It turns just as good, if not better, than anything on the track.


Originally Posted by pro306
x2 the only real complaint i have with my hyper is you cant adjust the slack out of the pivot balls.
I actually wasn't talking about it 'cause of that or haven't even noticed that in my Hyper. I was just asking if it'd be possible just so we'd have another spare just in case a steering knuckle broke. Though then again I can't remember the last time I broke a steering knuckle. They are not "weak" like everyone complains about.
twigman08 is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:39 PM
  #35  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by twigman08 View Post
+1.

My Hyper (hmmm has a PBS) has a crap load of steering. Absolutely no steering mods to my Hyper. Their isn't a Losi, Jammin, or anything that can turn inside my Hyper. It turns just as good, if not better, than anything on the track.



I actually wasn't talking about it 'cause of that or haven't even noticed that in my Hyper. I was just asking if it'd be possible just so we'd have another spare just in case a steering knuckle broke. Though then again I can't remember the last time I broke a steering knuckle. They are not "weak" like everyone complains about.
I drove one of the new losi trucks and it turned in like a dream. A bit better than our trucks. Maybe he just had that sucker DIAlLED!
Super Coupe is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:44 PM
  #36  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 616
Default

Originally Posted by Super Coupe View Post
I drove one of the new losi trucks and it turned in like a dream. A bit better than our trucks. Maybe he just had that sucker DIAlLED!
Funny, you drove my truck afterwards and I seem to remember you saying "ok this thing does turn." Also remember quite a bit of pipes being hit for it turning so quick in the corners.
twigman08 is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:51 PM
  #37  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 616
Default

Also, will Bradely by chance be running one of these at the big races? Has he raced it at a big race yet?
twigman08 is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:52 PM
  #38  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by twigman08 View Post
Funny, you drove my truck afterwards and I seem to remember you saying "ok this thing does turn." Also remember quite a bit of pipes being hit for it turning so quick in the corners.
It does turn good but if I had to choose which truck felt better I would choose the losi I drove. Yeah I was smashing pipes cause I had been driving my xxx sct with the stock servo all day. Since you got your hyper dialed in you better make the a main next race with all the losi's.
Super Coupe is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:59 PM
  #39  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 616
Default

Originally Posted by Super Coupe View Post
It does turn good but if I had to choose which truck felt better I would choose the losi I drove. Yeah I was smashing pipes cause I had been driving my xxx sct with the stock servo all day. Since you got your hyper dialed in you better make the a main next race with all the losi's.
Why don't ya go to the Losi thread then and leave the people here who don't want the Losi? Also where is your Losi at?

Talk him into letting me drive the Losi and I'll have to see this "magical" turn in myself.
twigman08 is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 04:04 PM
  #40  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by twigman08 View Post
Why don't ya go to the Losi thread then and leave the people here who don't want the Losi? Also where is your Losi at?

Talk him into letting me drive the Losi and I'll have to see this "magical" turn in myself.
He will probably let you if you ask. He just asked me if I had driven one yet then handed me his controller. My losi is sitting right next to my hyper.
Super Coupe is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 07:07 PM
  #41  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 616
Default

Originally Posted by Super Coupe View Post
He will probably let you if you ask. He just asked me if I had driven one yet then handed me his controller. My losi is sitting right next to my hyper.
I don't know him like you do. So I just don't want to go up and ask someone "hey man can I drive your brand new RC Car?" that's why I'm not gonna ask unless I am offered.

Just like how I wouldn't really want someone I don't know to just randomly come up to me and drive my Hyper. I'd let them (because everything on their is replaceable and if they broke something then it is something that would've ended breaking from me in the future. I just don't ask someone. That's why I said that.
twigman08 is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 07:42 PM
  #42  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

how heavy is this compared to a losi?
mugenlife is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 07:56 PM
  #43  
Tech Addict
 
russp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Redlands, CA
Posts: 667
Default

LAME.... get design something new ofna.
a re-badged Jammin?? now that is lame
russp is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 08:19 PM
  #44  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (315)
 
k1ller rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,361
Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by russp View Post
LAME.... get design something new ofna.
a re-badged Jammin?? now that is lame
Maybe, but there still winning the championships!! I got state with mine Last year!! And another one in second and another one in 3rd, the rest were 2 laps or more down at the end!!
Honestly, they didn't really need to chance a thing!!
k1ller rc is offline  
Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 PM
  #45  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,882
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

How is the durability on the a-arms on this and the jammin? And does the rear end need the shocks to be limited to keep the dogbones from bending like on the hyper?
symmetricon is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.