R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/495508-ofna-nexx-10sc-thread.html)

HotBodiesVe8Boy 03-24-2011 02:03 AM

does ofna not have a 4x4 sc already out?

racer x 1 03-24-2011 02:45 AM

I cant wait for this sucker to come out!!!! im buying one as soon as the semester is over no questions about it. :D

twigman08 03-24-2011 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by HotBodiesVe8Boy (Post 8852457)
does ofna not have a 4x4 sc already out?

Hobao-hyper 10SC

This is from Hongnor. Both are distributed under Ofnas name here I believe.

I like it. Looks pretty nice. But I like my Hyper too and I have that dialed and on rails. Couldn't be more pleased with my hyper. I'm sure this also will be a big contender.

HotBodiesVe8Boy 03-24-2011 03:25 AM

oh yeh im mixing up Jammin Ofna and Hobao AGAIN :L

hobbipro 03-24-2011 03:34 AM

Tower lists this as $259, and with a discount code could walk away with it at $219, Nice! :D Question is, when will this be available?????

symmetricon 03-24-2011 05:11 AM

It looks very nice. I wonder how much offset are on the wheels? Also, does it have the universals in the rear?

racer x 1 03-24-2011 08:11 AM

saw from the pics no universals in the back and i think it has the same backspace(26mm) as the hyper. hopefully DJ will be able to confirm this shortly. all I know is i will finally join the 4x4 club with this guy! :D and win too. :batman:

GravityJunkie 03-24-2011 08:46 AM

I don't understand what all the hype is about. Isn't this just a SCRT10 with PBS????

BashemSmashem 03-24-2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by GravityJunkie (Post 8853671)
I don't understand what all the hype is about. Isn't this just a SCRT10 with PBS????

Agreed ! If they had beefed up the bumpers , a arms , etc it would have been better . Part of what made the SCRT10 a great truck IMO was how aggressively it would turn , with the PBS this might have changed ?

HYPERBOY 03-24-2011 09:11 AM

There is more than just that, they have listened and built a car stock that Jammin owners have to cut, driil and spend money on. They have built a serious racer.

New chassis (Optional holes for battery movement)
New sway bars
New mug guards
Top front bumper brace is modified
New wheels(SWEET)
Really good outdoor tires

I am building mine right now and really only need to change 2-3 things

Ofna steering balls OFN30410
CNC steering crossbar.

My setup will be

Diffs

Oils

Once I get some time on the track I will make and post a setup sheet for indoor/outdoor.

8ight-e 03-24-2011 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by marooko (Post 8850243)
Looks pretty good, the SC game is changing and the Associated is still to hit the dirt full force. The Losi hit a puddle at our track, and like a Gremlin, multiplied. hahaha.

You're not suppose to laugh at your own jokes, Rule #1

Ps it was pretty funny ;)

TimBump 03-24-2011 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by racer x 1 (Post 8853517)
saw from the pics no universals in the back and i think it has the same backspace(26mm) as the hyper. hopefully DJ will be able to confirm this shortly. all I know is i will finally join the 4x4 club with this guy! :D and win too. :batman:

It come with a new 2.2/3.0 wheel with about 21mm backspacing. The Proline 22mm will also fit fine.

jsamarin 03-24-2011 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem (Post 8853838)
Agreed ! If they had beefed up the bumpers , a arms , etc it would have been better . Part of what made the SCRT10 a great truck IMO was how aggressively it would turn , with the PBS this might have changed ?

From what i've read about the pbs conversion on the jammin was it took away alot of its mechanical steering throw.

This truck still needs all the necessary mods the jammin did, like a front bumper, bigger front shocks, captured rod ends, rear universals and stronger, wider a arms which can only be done by an aftermarket company (protrac kit for the slash is similar to what i am thinking here)

I do like how there is no unnecessary holes in the bottom of the chassis, and now that this jammin is an ofna, i'm sure there will be a tim bump edition of it soon.

TimBump 03-24-2011 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by jsamarin (Post 8854198)
I do like how there is no unnecessary holes in the bottom of the chassis, and now that this jammin is an ofna, i'm sure there will be a tim bump edition of it soon.

Sorry, no plans for a Nexx 10sc Bump Edition. And Thanks :)

HYPERBOY 03-24-2011 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by jsamarin (Post 8854198)
From what i've read about the pbs conversion on the jammin was it took away alot of its mechanical steering throw.

This truck still needs all the necessary mods the jammin did, like a front bumper, bigger front shocks, captured rod ends, rear universals and stronger, wider a arms which can only be done by an aftermarket company (protrac kit for the slash is similar to what i am thinking here)

I don't want to come off rude :D

All of the big name drivers who run OFNA 4x4 SC win just fine with a stock style setup..

Captured rods is a must!

When I ran the Ofna PBS on my Jammin I had no issue turning under the competition.

The Front bumper brace looks much better but I cannot comment untill I bash it a bit.