Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread >

OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread

OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 07:16 AM
  #271  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
mc4798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 971
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by waggaclint View Post
Hi guys is the NEXX the pick of the OFNA/JAMMIN 4x4 SC trucks, im looking at buying one and was wondering if its better than a HYPER10sc or SCRT10 as they all seem very similar...
IMO The Nexx is more refined and requires less effort to make it work ?

Cant really go wrong with either I just prefer the Nexx over my old Hyper.
mc4798 is offline  
Old 05-05-2011, 12:03 PM
  #272  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
Amoeba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 755
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mc4798 View Post
IMO The Nexx is more refined and requires less effort to make it work ?

Cant really go wrong with either I just prefer the Nexx over my old Hyper.
Can you elaborate on why you prefer the Nexx to the Hyper?

I've been very happy and successful with my Hyper but also have the Jammin. Since I race on larger outdoor 1/8 tracks, the Hyper tends to deal with rougher conditions and handle the abuse better than the Jammin (which I use primarily on smaller, indoor clay trafcks where more finesse is needed). I'm waiting on my Nexx to arrive but am hopeful that it will be a nice middle ground between the Hyper and Jammin.
Amoeba is offline  
Old 05-05-2011, 06:09 PM
  #273  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
stvnmccc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 146
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I am having the same dilemma. I have had the Hyper and loved it. Its time to build a new 4x4 for the outdoor season. I am considering the Nexx10. I was curious as to why the weight increase from the hyper and jammin's 3.7 lbs. as a roller to the Nexx's 4.25 lb. as a roller? Is it just beefier? How are people doing with this truck on large outdoor tracks? I pretty much have my mind made up on the Nexx.
stvnmccc is offline  
Old 05-05-2011, 08:00 PM
  #274  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stvnmccc View Post
I am having the same dilemma. I have had the Hyper and loved it. Its time to build a new 4x4 for the outdoor season. I am considering the Nexx10. I was curious as to why the weight increase from the hyper and jammin's 3.7 lbs. as a roller to the Nexx's 4.25 lb. as a roller? Is it just beefier? How are people doing with this truck on large outdoor tracks? I pretty much have my mind made up on the Nexx.
I'm taking my Nexx10sc out this weekend, I'll report back and let you know how it runs on a outdoor 1/8th scale track. (dry/loose/Bumpy). Only Upgrades i have are Jammin Carbon Shock towers, and Rear STRC chassis brace.
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 04:23 PM
  #275  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Heres my chassis, all ready for the track.
I went with the tekin sc4x5.5 instead of the 4.5.
Not much of a difference, Runs a bit cooler than the 4.5 also.
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 05:11 PM
  #276  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

This truck is DURABLE.
I beat the crap out of this truck on 3s, on a Huge 1/5th scale Baja Track. Man Ofna really did step up and Make things Durable. The PBS held up pretty good. Waay beefier than the Hyper10sc. Only thing I broke was the rear wheel Hub, Quick easy STRC Swap and I was back on the track.
If your going to get the truck, Just replace the Rear Hubs with Alloy ones and your good.

I also Noticed I was a bit rear heavy. I moved my battery back prior before running it. If you run 1/8th electronics and a 550, I recommend you keep the batter tray mounted forward.

+1 OFNA
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 11:08 AM
  #277  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (19)
 
SNR Graphite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 586
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I make all the CF parts for this truck checkout my website.

www.snrgraphite.com
SNR Graphite is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 01:23 PM
  #278  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (22)
 
colter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Burnet, TX
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite View Post
I make all the CF parts for this truck checkout my website.

www.snrgraphite.com
Just throwing out a testimonial for SNR. Been running some CF towers of his on my Losi SCTE since early March and they are holding up nicely. Great stuff for good prices.
Check it out.
colter is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 03:09 PM
  #279  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (58)
 
gettinbrushless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wisconson
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

I ran my nexx 10sc this saturday at revolution raceway in appleton wisconson and I have to say the truck rocks!!! I finished everything at my hotel including painting the body and this was my first time on a track since last summer!! It took a couple laps but I got it down pretty quick!! I was running the turnigy trackstar 2560kv motor with the turnigy 150amp esc and for a cheap system it works pretty nice!!! I just had to make some minor adjustments with the program card and it was ready to rip!!! I didnt even have time to put fluid in the diffs or change shock oil!! So I was basicly running it stock besides the soft barcodes I bought from revolution. But Ill be going back at the end of the month and Ill be ready to race this time!!
gettinbrushless is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 03:20 PM
  #280  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (58)
 
gettinbrushless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wisconson
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Heres my chassis, all ready for the track.
I went with the tekin sc4x5.5 instead of the 4.5.
Not much of a difference, Runs a bit cooler than the 4.5 also.
So you can run the motor without the sensor wire?? And I want one of the tekin motors but I want a lower kv that I can run 3s if I want?? But still want it to be decent on 2s??
gettinbrushless is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 05:40 PM
  #281  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 143
Default

Hello guys, I'm running on a bumpy 1/8 track with some big jumps. Do you think I should go BB or four rear shocks will be just fine?

Thanks
Wilson Picaldy is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 05:50 PM
  #282  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gettinbrushless View Post
So you can run the motor without the sensor wire?? And I want one of the tekin motors but I want a lower kv that I can run 3s if I want?? But still want it to be decent on 2s??
Yes, You can run a Sensored motor w/out the wire. I run the MMM because it runs way cooler than any other ESC on the market, Including the RX8 for SC.
Some say it runs smoother sensored, but i cant tell the difference. I have had no issues, no Shuttering, nothing with this setup.

I have the 4000kv 5.5 Tekin motor. I think you can run up to 3s with it no problem. I ran a 2s on it for a race and it was a rocket. 3s is just insane. I had it geared at 18t on 2s and 16t on 3s.
Overall I couldnt tell the difference between the 4.5 and the 5.5 motors. If you want to run 3s and 2s. go with the Tekin sc4x 5.5 The 4.5 sc4x is just 2s only.
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 05:54 PM
  #283  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wilson Picaldy View Post
Hello guys, I'm running on a bumpy 1/8 track with some big jumps. Do you think I should go BB or four rear shocks will be just fine?

Thanks
Honestly the stock shock will work, But I had to run alot of preload so it wouldnt bottom out alot. BB's would be a pretty good upgrade. but the Stockers would work just fine with some Tuning.
Thats what I'm upgrading next.
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:00 PM
  #284  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 143
Default

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Honestly the stock shock will work, But I had to run alot of preload so it wouldnt bottom out alot. BB's would be a pretty good upgrade. but the Stockers would work just fine with some Tuning.
Thats what I'm upgrading next.
Thanks, I'll try the stock one first it it works.
Wilson Picaldy is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:28 PM
  #285  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Gunner132's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

dumb question of the day: what does bb mean?
Gunner132 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.