Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread >

OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread

OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default nexx sc

Happy to say I have one on the way... crazy question, but are the stock tires any good?

Also.. what is everyone running in the diffs for indoor clay type tracks?
Old 04-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gunner132 View Post
good to hear the great feedback. Hows the durability? and hows the bumper working out? Because im not sure if its a new design from the jammin but the jammin ones werent good. o, and one more thing... what wheels do you use on the truck? slash 4x4? Thanks for the help
Clipped a tree at full speed still have a bumper in 1 piece Its pretty flexable right on up there with my sc10 maybe a more head on collision would be bad?
Old 04-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenlife View Post
Clipped a tree at full speed still have a bumper in 1 piece Its pretty flexable right on up there with my sc10 maybe a more head on collision would be bad?
probably would be
Old 04-11-2011, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by drew840 View Post
Happy to say I have one on the way... crazy question, but are the stock tires any good?

Also.. what is everyone running in the diffs for indoor clay type tracks?
The tires are almost like goosebumps but a different compound they are more firm than green compound. They get softer and stickier with sticky kicks red but I have yet to try on the track yet
Old 04-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got back from running some outdoor at Revalation which is a very big 1/8 track, I had no breaks and I crashed hard thanks to high winds but the car was not bad.

I do feel the 60/40 oil was to stiff. Blue springs would have helped but I did not have any with me. After the Vegas race next month I will get back out do some more testing and try to get a good outdoor setup.

Indoor has been good the stiff suspension seems to work good but does make the truck a bit twitchy and for a beginner may be to much.

I need to put some more laps in and I will post a revised high bite indoor setup.

Diff oils are perfect 5-5-3, I am currently running my battery center and have moved all of my electronics on the chassis.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY View Post
Just got back from running some outdoor at Revalation which is a very big 1/8 track, I had no breaks and I crashed hard thanks to high winds but the car was not bad.

I do feel the 60/40 oil was to stiff. Blue springs would have helped but I did not have any with me. After the Vegas race next month I will get back out do some more testing and try to get a good outdoor setup.

Indoor has been good the stiff suspension seems to work good but does make the truck a bit twitchy and for a beginner may be to much.

I need to put some more laps in and I will post a revised high bite indoor setup.

Diff oils are perfect 5-5-3, I am currently running my battery center and have moved all of my electronics on the chassis.

Thanks for the updates. I to put my electronics on chassis, well ESC anyway, behind the battery. I was thinking about moving battery to middle as well.

I have blue springs, what would be the setup you would run with them, for the 1/8 scale track, fluid, pistons, positioning. Also I am considering buying another set of rear shocks and run them up from with the Jammin Carbon tower. What are your thoughts?
Old 04-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

I think the truck was fine, I will try to get this to work stock to help cut cost down for you the customer. If I start saying you need to do this or that and Chad, Jeremy and many other can go dominate with a stock setup I look like a rookie and I just made you spend 100-300 dollars in useless upgrades.

I would say to anyone running this car, work on the stock setup. Hong Nor's goal is to produce a race truck not a truck you have to build into a race truck.

Also I have contacted Steve (STRC) and plan on doing some alum. uprights,stock towers(without body post) ant top plate. I would like the car to gain some weight so it feels more planted.

I have not confirmed but I hope this stuff fits.

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...tegory&path=48.

ffpm46: If you have a good shock setup post it, the more info we share the faster we get. I will try it and see if my driving style agrees.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)

I think the truck was fine, I will try to get this to work stock to help cut cost down for you the customer. If I start saying you need to do this or that and Chad, Jeremy and many other can go dominate with a stock setup I look like a rookie and I just made you spend 100-300 dollars in useless upgrades.

I would say to anyone running this car, work on the stock setup. Hong Nor's goal is to produce a race truck not a truck you have to build into a race truck.

Also I have contacted Steve (STRC) and plan on doing some alum. uprights,stock towers(without body post) ant top plate. I would like the car to gain some weight so it feels more planted.

I have not confirmed but I hope this stuff fits.

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...tegory&path=48.

ffpm46: If you have a good shock setup post it, the more info we share the faster we get. I will try it and see if my driving style agrees.
I will, I am just comparing the Hyper front end, they have same length shocks Front and Back. The Jammin made towers that have holes to mount the taller front shock. I agree, spending a lot of money defeats what the manufacturer is trying to accomplish.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey hyperboy, how is the novak setup working for you? any cogging on 2s? and does it get hot? because the system that most websites are running specials for is the novak, and i havent really heard much feedback on it. I guess no news is good news but... and btw, sweet paint jobs
Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

hey hyperboy, how is the novak setup working for you? any cogging on 2s? and does it get hot? because the system that most websites are running specials for is the novak, and i havent really heard much feedback on it. I guess no news is good news but... and btw, sweet paint jobs
The novak set up is used by Chad Bradley and Mike Truhe..Mike uses the tuning rotors as well. I do not get cogging as of yet but all I did was goose mine a few times and ran some controlled chaos to see what the truck would and wouldnt do.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

No issues, runs smooth as butter.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

No issues, runs smooth as butter.
Same here no issues.And I have two sets and both no probs. The other unit is on my TT
Old 04-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Ran a few packs this morning and was super smooth might need blue springs as it gets bouncey over the dip in my testing area but then again my 1/8 does too LOL
Old 04-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

I think blue's would be a bit softer ride, I need to get a set and try them.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Initiate

just finished dialing my Nexx in,, gonna go test it out tomorrow at ocrc.. Can't wait!!
Attached Thumbnails OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread-img_20110411_232558-1-.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.