Wiki Posts
Search

TLR 22 Racing truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default TLR 22 Racing truck?

I was wandering if any of the team drivers could chime in and let us know if this is in the works or just a dream for some of us?
Old 03-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have talked to some team divers who have told me it is in prototype phase now but the public probably wont see it until next year
Sad I know but just going to have to wait.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by sandjunkie
I have talked to some team divers who have told me it is in prototype phase now but the public probably wont see it until next year
Sad I know but just going to have to wait.
Thats cool, most people are racing outside nowadays anyway. Just curious about this fall. I will be buying a new truck and am not married to the RT5, but I do have a ton of cash invested in tires for it. The 22 buggy does look sweet so maybe if they make a truck? Who knows?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

The truck is almost always 10-12 months behind the buggy from what i've seen. Which really doesn't make a lot of sense. It's not like they are redesigning the wheel.

The hard parts are really just the arms and shocks towers, the rest ie: chassis, turnbuckles, driveshafts are just longer versions of the buggy parts.

What would/will be really sad is when they do release a 22T it might be a year again before they make a 22sct.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kent Beal
The truck is almost always 10-12 months behind the buggy from what i've seen. Which really doesn't make a lot of sense. It's not like they are redesigning the wheel.

The hard parts are really just the arms and shocks towers, the rest ie: chassis, turnbuckles, driveshafts are just longer versions of the buggy parts.

What would/will be really sad is when they do release a 22T it might be a year again before they make a 22sct.
I wonder how looooooonnnngg the truck will be.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is it a stadium truck or an SCT?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ex President
It would be a Stadium Truck
Old 03-28-2011, 10:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Ex President
Since Losi JUST released a SCT and a rather nice one at that I am sure a new SCT will not be in the 22 future, but one never knows! I will be looking out for the 22 Truck... Never know what the future holds! I think it would sell like crazy!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kent Beal
Considering how friggin awesome the XXX-SCT is, ThunderbirdJunkie has no genuine desire for a 22-SCT.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
Considering how friggin awesome the XXX-SCT is, ThunderbirdJunkie has no genuine desire for a 22-SCT.
I would agree! The XXX-SCT looks pretty sweet on the track from what I have seen so far!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

I think they'd sell 5x more 22-sct's than they would 22-t's. Why waste time and sales on a dying class? Go straight to the SCT!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
I think they'd sell 5x more 22-sct's than they would 22-t's. Why waste time and sales on a dying class? Go straight to the SCT!!!
Well, one reason it may be dying is that Losi and Associated havn't released a new truck in... close to 8 years?? I'm sure a 22-t will come out sooner or later as well as a new buggy, and later on, a new truck from AE.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Ridley
They already have 2 sct's the 2wd and the 4wd... Thus no need for a 22-SCT. Stadium trucks are very alive here! Its a great class when people want to sell their SCT's when they get out of the novice class and want to drive a race vehicle.

If that was true, then why even make the 22 buggy in the first place... Just make a 22-SCT and make "EVERYONE" happy!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thecman26
They already have 2 sct's the 2wd and the 4wd... Thus no need for a 22-SCT. Stadium trucks are very alive here! Its a great class when people want to sell their SCT's when they get out of the novice class and want to drive a race vehicle.

If that was true, then why even make the 22 buggy in the first place... Just make a 22-SCT and make "EVERYONE" happy!
Why did they make the ten-T and the 810 before the ten-scte? It's uber obvious which one was going to be the hot seller yet they loose 2 years of sales and sent two flops out the door first Sometimes, Losi's product planning is a bit.......flawed....at least in hindsight

I have the xxx-sct too, and while nice....it's technically just as "dated" as the xxx truck. I don't think there's any arguing what would sell better right now, a new truck or a pure race sct.....sct's are off the chain these days...I haven't even seen a stadium truck class have a full heat in months. The good thing is, that they should easily be able to build the two concurrently, as they should share almost all necessary parts. I would surely hope they have enough manpower they could design some bumpers, body mounts, and longer chassis at the same time as the ST. I hope they have at least SOME truck based 22 out by next fall.....I can make the chassis for the sct conversion myself
Old 03-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Also talking to the team members a was notified that they are currently prototyping a new 4x4 1/10 buggy for release late this year as for a 22sct I believe that will come late next year.

Remember TLR and losi are seperate now. Losi handles alll the rtr and basher stuff while TLR is strictly race bread stuff.

As for "why a truck for a dieing class" a class only dies because we as the consumer let it I.E.(bad for the spot as a whole). My local track when i got back into the sport fist of last year, only ran 2wd stock sc, 2wd open sc, and open 4x4 sc. The track promoter said if there was 4 or more of a class we could race so me and 3 other guys brought out our stadium trucks (2 rc10 t1, 1 rustler and t4.1 brushless) 1 month after that night open Truck was now our biggest class at 3 full heats a week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.