Tekin 5.5 sc4x & Castle MMP cogging

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin 5.5 sc4x & Castle MMP cogging

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Team Tekin

It could very well be a problem on the ESC side as well, if we're still talking sensors and not bashing each other here. The only way to tell would be to try a different sensored motor on the ESC. If it still does it, it's not the SC4X.

I would also take the above advice on the Savox servos, they draw a lot of power and can cause BEC issues. Troubleshoot and come back with the results.

BTW, people have the right to express their opinions, so lets not start thrashing on each other over brands. If Pulse prefers the RX8, that's his decision. You say your ESC is so great but the "only" problem is cogging? Sounds like a big problem to me, I wouldn't tolerate any cogging whatsoever.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
I had this exact setup with a BEC and fried two MMP . I just hate them, lots of troubles, money spent for a crappy quality. Go for a tekin or an other brand ESC to have something reliable, RX8 for example. Honestly I don't understand why so many people run MMP on their car.
I hate to say this, but I bought my MMP when my RX8 was back at Tekin getting its BEC fixed!! I also choose to run it in my Tekno RC8 because the RX8 does not fit.