Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Grrrrrr.. Love getting marshal hacked... >

Grrrrrr.. Love getting marshal hacked...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grrrrrr.. Love getting marshal hacked...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhotoGreg
In most cases you're absolutely right. However, in either of these there wasn't anything that could have been done.

Trust me, I make plenty of mistakes. It's when marshals don't do what they are supposed to do, or fix their buddies truck across the track instead of yours that is 5 ft from them, it gets annoying.

Oh, and the marshall that picks up his bud's broken truck and proceeds to fix it while he's supposed to be marshaling. That's awesome.

Ahh well.. back to racing.
i know how your feeling..but just think of being in nascar and having someone hack you on the last lap...we are lucky we at least have marshals
Old 03-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CORRRCR
Or better yet how about when your the last race of the day and all the marshalls left cause their race is over.
Originally Posted by PorTX
Your track too...huh Wednesday night during my main I noticed we had no marshalls on one half of the track. So I call out on the stand, "Hey guys be careful on the right side on the track there are no marshalls". So what do I do.... I slow down to roll the tabletop so I don't have any chance of flipping. I still managed to turn my car into a turtle on the table top as far away from the marshall I could possibly get". My mistake..I laughed as did everyone on the stand.
The track i used to race on, if you left before you turn to marshal or just didn't (as in no subs either) first offence was lap penalty, second was suspension for one race. cell phone use, unless its an emergency, got your car hid for a couple hours, amazing what those two things did for marshal turnout and marshal quality
Old 03-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Hey man, all you gotta do is volunteer marshal for his race and repay the favor. That has always worked for me.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I hear ya man, bad deal for the main...just happened to me on Sat, lol! Glad it's toy cars we're racing and can still have fun after some knarly wrecks one can end up in
Old 03-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

sounds like a how to marshall thread is in order

1.Marshall like you want to be marshalled
2.first look for traffic headed towards the car needing marshalled
3.try to remember which order the cars crashed and marshall in that order (tough to do sometimes)
4.stay off the phone
5.talk to your buddy later
6.pay attention to your corner not the race
7.not necessarily in this order
8. there will be some bad marshall jobs I have done it

I am sure there are more to add
Old 03-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

it could have been worse

you could have spent the day cleaning out the garage, or mowing the lawn
Old 03-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

About 20 years ago one of my close friends and myself was racing 1/8th scale nitro, we had to deal with a real TOOL of a Marshal on a weekly basis at our local track(the kind of Marshal where you know, you wish for ONE week he wouldn't show up?). Not only was he slow, but he was rude and a few times he would on purposely take his time resetting a car for "specific" people he didn't get along with in the pits and around the track. Well one particular race he was stationed right at the end of a straightaway at the end of a good sized step up into a hard 90 degree corner and my friend had already had a few words with him on a qualifier previously for not even attempting to pick his car up(another Marshal ended up running across to grab it instead). . Sure enough in the Mains, around the first turn into the straightaway he just hit WOT and pointed the car right at him and launched it, and put his Inferno right into the guys gut missing his nuts by a few inches. His race ended in a "DNF". Got quite a few cheers though from alot of people on the sidelines though.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We are all humans...we make mistakes. Both as drivers and marshals.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lostinbaja
... I marshal the way I expect to be marshalled. I think that is a point that needs to be made to all marshals.
Ding ding ding ding ... we have a winner. What I find amazing at our track is that some of the poorest marshalls are good drivers that not only should know better, but yell at other people for marshalling the way they do.

If I see someone make a mistake marshalling, but can tell they are giving an effort then I have no problems. It is the people that feel like they are above marshalling for others and put in an effort that matches their attitude.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

THIS IS WHAT SHORT BUS TRUCKS HAVE DONE TO THE RACING SEGMENT OF THIS HOBBY, F'ING SPODES
Old 03-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CORRRCR
Or better yet how about when your the last race of the day and all the marshalls left cause their race is over.
At every race I've ever been in, the drivers from the previous race are supposed to marshal. Makes it pretty easy to keep track of who should be marshalling. Call them out infront of everyone, say "Hey you're supposed to marshall!" If they don't come and marshall your race, tell them they better not need your help next time you're marshalling their race. Also your race director should be penalizing those dudes next race day.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Got to vent here a bit as well.

Team driver of ours (leader) got hacked from behind by the second place driver and flipped the leader over and then got hung up on a pipe. Marshal grabs the leaders car first reaches down and gets the 2nd place (hack) back going mean while the third place guy runs into the back of the marshal and flips over, the marshal grabs him and flips him over all the while holding the original leaders (victim) car in his hands.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timbulb
At every race I've ever been in, the drivers from the previous race are supposed to marshal. Makes it pretty easy to keep track of who should be marshalling. Call them out infront of everyone, say "Hey you're supposed to marshall!" If they don't come and marshall your race, tell them they better not need your help next time you're marshalling their race. Also your race director should be penalizing those dudes next race day.
It sounds like you guys have a prettty terrible time with this marshalling thing. At the track I race on the owner/announcer calls out anyone who is supposed to be marshalling and isn't. He doesn't start the race until there is marshalls in all the correct spots on the track.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2SiX
It sounds like you guys have a prettty terrible time with this marshalling thing. At the track I race on the owner/announcer calls out anyone who is supposed to be marshalling and isn't. He doesn't start the race until there is marshalls in all the correct spots on the track.
No just the opposite, we don't have many marshalling problems. Our race directer does the same the same thing as yours. My advice was to the guy who said people leave when they're supposed to be marshalling.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Got to vent here a bit as well.

Team driver of ours (leader) got hacked from behind by the second place driver and flipped the leader over and then got hung up on a pipe. Marshal grabs the leaders car first reaches down and gets the 2nd place (hack) back going mean while the third place guy runs into the back of the marshal and flips over, the marshal grabs him and flips him over all the while holding the original leaders (victim) car in his hands.
although I wasn't leading, or had a chance in hell to lead, this is very close to what happened.

meh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.