R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 09:20 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default How fast does your truck go

Ive got an evader st which goes the standard 20 MPH but im gettin an emaxx when i get it sold and putting some stuff in it to make it go around 35-40.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:38 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Who Cares dumb thread
Old 09-03-2004, 11:19 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to ctardi

Says mister 21 posts i'm new here

I've also got an evader, but clocked mine at 38.3
Old 09-03-2004, 11:23 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to beetlebz

no1uno, dont be a schmoe.

ferrari, most of us dont care about the straight line speed of our cars, more about how they handle and how responsive the steering is, etc. etc.

id say my GT (before i stripped the idler) went about 35, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. with a rebuilt tranny, new bearings on the rear axles, and a good setup on the engine 40 minimum

im planning on getting an Rc10B4 or an Rc10T4 as soon as my GT is rebuilt. i wouldnt expect those (both electric) to hit much more than 30, but its all good. nice cool running motors, and a light weight frame means the truck will hold up well, and SHOULD handle like a dream.

theres a crapload you can do to your evader to make it hustle, i say go for it! even if you dont race it, it will have a personal touch. juat make it run nice before you make it run fast. if you have the best motor/ battry out there running a billion miles an hour, the dude with the stock losi MF2 will zip right past you when you slide wide in a turn, because he took 5 minutes to setup his suspension
Old 09-03-2004, 01:22 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to DerekL

yeah, you cant go 40 around the whole track, there is a lot of low speed handling involved ...... just practice, and you will get faster.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:30 PM   #6
Tech Adept

but you dont get track times from having no power or torque.......
Old 09-03-2004, 09:36 PM   #7
Tech Regular

i think mr waldron here or pretty much anyone would kick the crap out of anyone at your track driving just about anything, with just a sailboat and a big fan. if you dont handle the power well, it will gain you zilch.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:57 AM   #8
Tech Elite

A big majority of the racers who will ever drive on a competition-specific race track will turn faster and more consistent lap times with a stock motor (or slower gas engine, such as the O.S. CV). It takes some very serious skill and car control to use any more power than that. More often than not, more power will cause you to go slower around the track.

The cheapest upgrade you can ever get for your car is more practice. Even the top drivers in the world practice for hours and hours..I usually try to run around two full hours a week.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:43 AM   #9
Tech Regular

aaron i have a great question for you. i hear the terms stock, and mod alot. im smmert enough to know that stock is stock and mod is modified, but what exactly is the difference between the two? is it just the number of turns and winds on a motor or is there somthing more technical?

say on a stock XXX-T, as a rough guesstimate, what would be the difference in top speed between a stock powered car and a car with a mod motor?
Old 09-04-2004, 12:09 PM   #10
Tech Elite

ROAR (Radio Operated Auto Racing) is the main sanctioning body for R/C racing in the United States. They originally came up with two racing classes in terms of the motor used in the car. Stock is more of a spec class with strict rules on wire size, endbell timing, armature specs (all stock motors must have 27 turns of a single wire), and using bushings instead of bearings. Mod motors are allowed to be a little different, winds can be different, and they spin on bearings.

A XXX-T with a stock motor will probably top out around 20-25 mph, while one with a good competition 10x2 will hit nearly 40 in the same straightaway.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:22 PM   #11
Tech Regular

wow, thats quite a difference. so anything hotter than a 27 turn single wound motor is illegal for stock racing?

is there an in between class? i know roar only does modified and stock, but do other classes exist outside of roar?

neither of those sound too fun. 10x2 you need to change your battery every 15 seconds, and a 27x1 would be like watching grass grow

then again i guess stock would be much more interesting with some good guys to race with. the reason i ask is because im going to get into electric this fall, and start there for racing. im trying to decide which setup is best for me, and which will best suit my style of driving
Old 09-04-2004, 04:56 PM   #12
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Yes there is a class in between, it's a 19 turn motor which is a little faster then the stock motors, not a big difference though. it has more torqe then a stock motor, but the stock motor has more rpms then it though.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:10 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

Stock is suprisingly fast. A lot of the time, stock guys can keep-up with nitro guys just fine.

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
Old 09-04-2004, 05:16 PM   #14
Tech Initiate

how bout a stock emaxx
Old 09-04-2004, 05:42 PM   #15
Tech Master

HeY!!!

i never saw a stock truck keep up w/ a nitro truck, unless were talking about monster trucks......
Closed Thread