Help with CVD's

Old 09-02-2004, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default Help with CVD's

hey all,

today while doing wheelies in my front yard with my buggy, i managed to hit a tree and snap a rear wheel axle.

Anyway, i think i'd like to replace the whole dogbone/wheel axle with Constant Velocity Driveshafts.

Questions,

Do they offer a marked improvement in say, smootheness, less friction or whatever, and do you notice any changes in performance??

Are they as strong as dogbone type driveshafts??

Thanks

Last edited by jamiekulhanek; 09-02-2004 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

cvd's are good, all my cars have them. funny thing is that just last week one actually snapped on me and i never had that happen before. i know lately some guys have been using dogbones on the rear of their 4wd cars, especially the new bk bones. not sure how the 2 compare on overall backlash, buy i do not see much difference. anyone else have any other opinions?
Old 09-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

thanks man,

looks like im gonna throw in the towel with nitro allogether.

TIP: NEVER BUY KYOSHO (unless inferno) kyosho suck arse, even their aftermarket parts suck.

My $50 clutchbell couldnt enev handle a GX-15 sport engine, the pinion broke away from the bell.

Today, my brand new GX-15 crankcase broke its front mount, my expensive clutch bell split itself and the back bearing leaks more fuel than the engine uses, plus the engine runs like shit cause theres no primary compression due to the crap rear bearing.

With this car things break daily, its put me right off kyosho forever, they make CRAP.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

if you want to build a car on stock parts, just get a traxxas. i think most of the fun of running RC (with the exception of racing) is figuring out how to fix somthing thats better than stock.

id say MOST cars manufacturers hop ups suck save for AEs factory team stuff. some times you just need to go better than stock, if you cant engineer somthing better than stock.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

CVD's re great. I use em in evrything, but i also race, so that might be why You will like em, easy to build, maintain, and they just look racier....